Obama’s Cash Payment to Iran Was More Than a Ransom — It Broke Criminal Law

‘If the President Does It, That Means It’s Not Illegal’

Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime?

More worth examining is why the transaction took the bizarre form that it did. To cut to the chase, I believe it was to camouflage — unsuccessfully — the commission of felony law violations. The Wall Street Journal has reported that the Justice Department strongly objected to the cash payment to Iran. As we shall see, that should come as no surprise. What is surprising is the Journal’s explanation of Justice’s concerns: Department officials, it is said, fretted that the transaction looked like a ransom payment. I don’t buy that. It is not a federal crime to pay a ransom; just to receive one. Our government’s stated disapproval of paying ransoms is a prudent policy, not a legal requirement. The Justice Department’s principal job is to enforce the laws, not to ensure good policy in foreign relations. It seems far more likely that Justice was worried that the transaction was illegal.

Read more at: Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review
Hey dumbshit. That money was Iran's money.

Please explain how can you pay ransom to someone with their own money. Take your time.
Bwahahahahahaha! Really, stupid? Tell me something - what were we doing with $400 million in Iran's money to begin with and why didn't we simply wire transfer it back to them? Do you have any idea how much cheaper that would've been?

Oh yeah....because it was an illegal ransom payment. G-string...you continue to humiliate yourself every time you post. You'd do yourself a world of good if you'd simply shut up. Just read. Don't speak anymore. I'm embarrassed for you.
do you really want to display this much ignorance?

that the money was iran's is not in question. that iran does not have access to international banking systems is not in question.
Bwahahahaha!!! Your credibility is now permanently in question. Everything you just said was a lie (which is why you have no links and why you're incapable of providing one that isn't from MSNBC or Salon.com or some other propaganda arm of the Dumbocrat Party).

Would you like to try again? I can do this all day cupcake. It's easy when one is on the side of facts while they're opponent is on the side of an agenda to push a failed ideology.
so it is your contention that we did not accept $400 million for military equipment in 1979 that we never delivered and that iran has access to our banking system?

OP .... debunked !

next.
The only thing "debunked" in this thread is your credibility. But then again - that was debunked a looooooong time ago. Obama got caught and you people still can't bring yourselves to admit it. You must really love the taste of Obama's dick because you won't take it out of your mouth for even 10 seconds.

It's over junior. He got caught. You just sound like an idiot attempting to defend the indefensible. This is literally as stupid as if the Orlando nightclub shooter's parents attempted to claim their son didn't shoot anyone and was just another unarmed victim there. :eusa_doh:

because youre slow, one more time just for you ..

While the timing could appear to have been a suspiciously coordinated quid pro quo, the evidence points to a paper trail of years of exhaustive hearings and highly sensitive negotiations that were completely separate from the January 2016 prisoner exchange.
Because you're a blind, obedient, little puppet.....one more time just for you:

All of this nonsense just happens to coincide with the release of hostages? And we just happened to fly it out on unmarked planes in the middle of the night instead of doing a simple wire transfer? And you still have yet to explain what in the hell we were doing with $400 million of Iran's money to begin with (nor have you explained why the currency wasn't even Iranian)?

Here is even CNN (not exactly a bastion of conservatism) noting how shady the entire thing is. For staters, the official libtard narrative of "it was Iran's money" doesn't explain what we were doing with it or why the currency isn't even Iranian!!!

Washington (CNN)The Obama administration secretly arranged a plane delivery of $400 million in cash on the same day Iran released four American prisoners and formally implemented the nuclear deal, US officials confirmed Wednesday.

President Barack Obama approved the $400 million transfer, which he had announced in January as part of the Iran nuclear deal. The money was flown into Iran on wooden pallets stacked with Swiss francs, euros and other currencies.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/us-sends-plane-iran-400-million-cash/

Keep sucking really hard Siete. Not only is Obama laughing at you, but he loves the job you're doing. :eusa_doh:

Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime?

More worth examining is why the transaction took the bizarre form that it did. To cut to the chase, I believe it was to camouflage — unsuccessfully — the commission of felony law violations. The Wall Street Journal has reported that the Justice Department strongly objected to the cash payment to Iran. As we shall see, that should come as no surprise. What is surprising is the Journal’s explanation of Justice’s concerns: Department officials, it is said, fretted that the transaction looked like a ransom payment. I don’t buy that. It is not a federal crime to pay a ransom; just to receive one. Our government’s stated disapproval of paying ransoms is a prudent policy, not a legal requirement. The Justice Department’s principal job is to enforce the laws, not to ensure good policy in foreign relations. It seems far more likely that Justice was worried that the transaction was illegal.

Read more at: Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review
The Obama Administration is just a terrorist sponsor.

Why does the truth bother liberals so much? Does that ideology really have such a deep control of your mind that anything which does not support it is too traumatic for your brain to handle?
Do you ever post anything of substance?
That's all I post cupcake. Backed up time and time again with facts, data, research, links, etc. All you do is post single sentence remarks built out of frustration. Speaks volumes.

Iran-Contra & Ronald Reagan.
Next.

How much money did Reagan give to Iran?
He sold them 1,500 missiles, in direct violation of the arms embargo law.

You do mean Israel broker a deal for the missiles and Iran PAID for the missiles. Getting money from Iran is a lot different than giving them money.
It violated the law, period.

AND AGAIN, THE MONEY GIVEN TO IRAN WAS THEIR OWN MONEY.

Then why'd Barry pay em in foreign currency?

Please explain how can you pay ransom to someone with their own money. Take your time.
Bwahahahahahaha! Really, stupid? Tell me something - what were we doing with $400 million in Iran's money to begin with and why didn't we simply wire transfer it back to them? Do you have any idea how much cheaper that would've been?

Oh yeah....because it was an illegal ransom payment. G-string...you continue to humiliate yourself every time you post. You'd do yourself a world of good if you'd simply shut up. Just read. Don't speak anymore. I'm embarrassed for you.

that the money was iran's is not in question. that iran does not have access to international banking systems is not in question.
Bwahahahaha!!! Your credibility is now permanently in question. Everything you just said was a lie (which is why you have no links and why you're incapable of providing one that isn't from MSNBC or Salon.com or some other propaganda arm of the Dumbocrat Party).

Would you like to try again? I can do this all day cupcake. It's easy when one is on the side of facts while they're opponent is on the side of an agenda to push a failed ideology.
so it is your contention that we did not accept $400 million for military equipment in 1979 that we never delivered and that iran has access to our banking system?
Is it your contention that Iran would wait 37 years before asking for money back that we allegedly never delivered equipment for? Is it your contention that they would wait that long for a weak and timid American president who caters to them? Is it your contention that the currency is inexplicably not even Iranian and yet it was "their" money? Is it your contention that Iran has developed a sophisticated nuclear program connected to the internet (allowing it to be disrupted by the legendary Stuxnet worm) but that they are such a third-world nation that they have no banking system and/or it's not connected to the internet?

It is my contention that you look incredibly stupid at the moment. If I were you - I would start doing some serious damage control. Just say'n.

Is it your contention that Iran would wait 37 years before asking for money back that we allegedly never delivered equipment for? Is it your contention that they would wait that long for a weak and timid American president who caters to them? Is it your contention that the currency is inexplicably not even Iranian and yet it was "their" money? Is it your contention that Iran has developed a sophisticated nuclear program connected to the internet (allowing it to be disrupted by the legendary Stuxnet worm) but that they are such a third-world nation that they have no banking system and/or it's not connected to the internet?

It is my contention that you look incredibly stupid at the moment. If I were you - I would start doing some serious damage control. Just say'n.
is he for real?

OP .... debunked !

next.
The only thing "debunked" in this thread is your credibility. But then again - that was debunked a looooooong time ago. Obama got caught and you people still can't bring yourselves to admit it. You must really love the taste of Obama's dick because you won't take it out of your mouth for even 10 seconds.

It's over junior. He got caught. You just sound like an idiot attempting to defend the indefensible. This is literally as stupid as if the Orlando nightclub shooter's parents attempted to claim their son didn't shoot anyone and was just another unarmed victim there. :eusa_doh:

While the timing could appear to have been a suspiciously coordinated quid pro quo, the evidence points to a paper trail of years of exhaustive hearings and highly sensitive negotiations that were completely separate from the January 2016 prisoner exchange.

All of this nonsense just happens to coincide with the release of hostages? And we just happened to fly it out on unmarked planes in the middle of the night instead of doing a simple wire transfer? And you still have yet to explain what in the hell we were doing with $400 million of Iran's money to begin with (nor have you explained why the currency wasn't even Iranian)?

Here is even CNN (not exactly a bastion of conservatism) noting how shady the entire thing is. For staters, the official libtard narrative of "it was Iran's money" doesn't explain what we were doing with it or why the currency isn't even Iranian!!!

Washington (CNN)The Obama administration secretly arranged a plane delivery of $400 million in cash on the same day Iran released four American prisoners and formally implemented the nuclear deal, US officials confirmed Wednesday.

President Barack Obama approved the $400 million transfer, which he had announced in January as part of the Iran nuclear deal. The money was flown into Iran on wooden pallets stacked with Swiss francs, euros and other currencies.

US sent plane with $400 million in cash to Iran - CNNPolitics.com

Keep sucking really hard Siete. Not only is Obama laughing at you, but he loves the job you're doing. :eusa_doh:

I provide the actual agreement

you provide an opinion from cnn ...

:lmao::lmao:

is he for real?
Well there is an intelligent response. I rest my case your honor!

OP .... debunked !

next.

The "actual" agreement? Or the one the Obama Administration typed up and released for mindless minions such as yourself?
:lmao:

OP .... debunked !

next.

The "actual" agreement? Or the one the Obama Administration typed up and released for mindless minions such as yourself?

the one that makes you look like an idiot.

Iran-Contra & Ronald Reagan.
Next.

You do mean Israel broker a deal for the missiles and Iran PAID for the missiles. Getting money from Iran is a lot different than giving them money.

Cuz it would be against the law to use US Dollars.

Obama Launders Iran Ransom Money

160804iran-ransom.jpg

Only one of us is ignorant enough to believe that Barack Obama is an altruistic deity who literally weeps every single night for you and everyone else and that he is a man of impeccable character who would never lie - and it sure as hell isn't me brother. That document makes you look like an idiot. :lol:

160804iran-ransom.jpg

the cash sanctions were lifted in January ...

The fact that the money was physically sent to Iran in various currencies rather than simply transferred by wire may seem odd in the context of the United States' increasingly cashless society, but that was done in order to avoid existing Treasury Department sanctions that banned the use of American currency in transactions with Iran, and international sanctions which at that time kept Iran from accessing the global financial markets (and which were lifted in January 2016

Only one of us is ignorant enough to believe that Barack Obama is an altruistic deity who literally weeps every single night for you and everyone else and that he is a man of impeccable character who would never lie - and it sure as hell isn't me brother. That document makes you look like an idiot. :lol:

only one of us is a partisan RW hack ... you.

160804iran-ransom.jpg

The fact that the money was physically sent to Iran in various currencies rather than simply transferred by wire may seem odd in the context of the United States' increasingly cashless society, but that was done in order to avoid existing Treasury Department sanctions that banned the use of American currency in transactions with Iran, and international sanctions which at that time kept Iran from accessing the global financial markets (and which were lifted in January 2016

So a work around...

160804iran-ransom.jpg

Yeah.

Weird.

Okay.

Tell me something we don't know. So Obama si.......Reagan no.

Forum List

Back