Obama's Interior dept. killing 10,000s of fish, destroying our food supply!!

Isn't' it interesting that some here would leave rusting, contaminated hazards to navigation with the potential to leak oil and other dangerous chemicals into the Gulf indefinitely in the name of protecting the environment? :roll eyes:

The environment isn't the issue in this thread. Barack Obama is....again.

Guess you've never heard of sinking ships to create artifical reefs.

since when does decommission mean to BLOW UP?

1. Decommissioned | Define Decommissioned at Dictionary.com
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/decommissioneddictionary.reference.com/browse/decommissioned
    to remove or retire (a ship, airplane, etc.) from active service. 2. to deactivate; shut down: to decommission a nuclear power plant.

Your second article linked from 3 years ago, says this:
The order requires operators to plug wells that been inactive for the past five years. Production platforms and pipelines must be decommissioned if they are not being used for exploration or production, even under an active lease.

why aren't they just taking the platforms apart? Why are they blowing them up? I don't get it?

Why aren't the oil companies THAT PUT THEM THERE, coming to get them out?

since when does decommission mean to BLOW UP?

1. Decommissioned | Define Decommissioned at Dictionary.com
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/decommissioneddictionary.reference.com/browse/decommissioned
    to remove or retire (a ship, airplane, etc.) from active service. 2. to deactivate; shut down: to decommission a nuclear power plant.

Your second article linked from 3 years ago, says this:
The order requires operators to plug wells that been inactive for the past five years. Production platforms and pipelines must be decommissioned if they are not being used for exploration or production, even under an active lease.

why aren't they just taking the platforms apart? Why are they blowing them up? I don't get it?

Why aren't the oil companies THAT PUT THEM THERE, coming to get them out?

Good Q. I'd assume that there would be a prior contractural agreement re: decommissioning... er, blowdering up.

Isn't' it interesting that some here would leave rusting, contaminated hazards to navigation with the potential to leak oil and other dangerous chemicals into the Gulf indefinitely in the name of protecting the environment? :roll eyes:

The environment isn't the issue in this thread. Barack Obama is....again.

Wrong...The best fishing in the gulf is around these rigs.
In fact it's the first place I go when I head offshore.
And where do all these chemicals you're talking about come from? The well is capped.
And if you tear down the rig what changes? The rig is still capped whether you remove the rig or not.
All you're doing is removing a reef that the fish rely on for protection from predators.
And if the cap where to fail you no longer have a solid base to work off of to recap the well.
Another feel good fuck up.....Gee thanks libs.

Forum List

Back