Obama's Justice Department recommends gun confiscation

Mandatory gun buy backs. Do you even understand what that means? You want to toss out your usual Homo-rage personal attacks rather then addressing the contents of the video.

Nonsense.

The government can’t ‘mandate’ buy backs absent some form of due process, a legitimate public purpose, and just compensation.

Did you even watch the video before you started commenting? This is written on an internal memo...it doesn't say that a program is starting tomorrow.

It isn’t starting anytime.

You’re in way over your head on this one.

You are so retarded, Bigfoot, you don't even know what a buyback program is.

With your ignorance and gullibility, you brought a rock to a guided missile fight.

You are so retarded, Bigfoot, you don't even know what a buyback program is.

With your ignorance and gullibility, you brought a rock to a guided missile fight.

LOL, I think that you are the retarded one here.

You're right, The Justice Department doesn't recommend confiscating weapons.

The National Institute of Justice (A Gov't Agency) recommends confiscating firearms. How many of you didn't know the NIJ even existed? I sure didn't:

Gun Violence Prevention: Programs and Strategies | National Institute of Justice

Quote from the previous PDF file referenced in this thread:
Since assault weapons are not a major contributor to US gun homicide and the existing stock of guns is large, an assault weapon ban is unlikely to have an impact on gun violence. If coupled with a gun buyback and NO EXEMPTIONS then it COULD be effective.
Are you saying the NIJ didn't write that memo?

Last edited:
I watched the video and read the link. My opinion stands.

In other words - you can't find the mandatory part but you're to insecure to admit you can't.

Exactly.

The video is there, and DOJ report is there. Intelligent people have everything they need to discern the truth.

The NRA man is willfully lying. A gun buyback program is not "government confiscation of legal firearms owned by honest citizens".

"Even Obama's experts say his gun control policies won't work. According to an internal Department of Justice memorandum, a gun ban, like the one being debated right now in Congress, will not work without a mandatory gun buyback, and "universal" background checks will not work without requiring gun registration."

What's the problem?

From a gun control freak's perspective, the reason the 1995 AWB was unsuccessful is because it only banned the manufacture, importation, and sale of new assault weapons and large capacity magazines. It did not ban the sale of existing weapons and magazines.

Since there are so many existing weapons and magazines, the ban did not prevent people from being able to acquire an assault weapon or large capacity magazine if they wanted one even after the AWB went into effect.

Are there people who would like to forcefully confiscate existing weapons and magazines? Yes. Dianne Feinstein is one.

But that is not what the DOJ report recommends.

The DOJ report is saying that if a similar act is passed again, it will again be ineffective unless a means to get existing weapons off the street is implemented. One such plan would be the government paying people to sell their existing weapons to the government. This is what a "gun buyback" is.

States and cities have been doing gun buybacks for decades. No one has EVER called them "government confiscation of legal firearms owned by honest citizens" with the implication that is something involuntary. There is nothing in the DOJ report calling for citizens to be forced to sell their guns to the government.

It isn't in there. The NRA man is willfully lying. From what we see from Bigfoot, we know why he is lying. Because he can get away with it with a certain demographic that has a desire to believe these kinds of lies.

Last edited:
Don't let anyone fool you, the Democrats want guns banned. No matter what laws they manage to pass now they will ask for more the next time something bad happens. And again, and again, until the 2nd amendment is history, which is their real agenda. Making legal firearms illegal is where they are trying to start.

Don't let anyone fool you, the Democrats want guns banned. No matter what laws they manage to pass now they will ask for more the next time something bad happens. And again, and again, until the 2nd amendment is history, which is their real agenda. Making legal firearms illegal is where they are trying to start.

Translation:

"I just got my a$$ kicked royally and no matter how deep a hole I find myself in, I just can't stop digging"

Yeah, they cry like babies when someone goes against their dear leader. Thanks for the clarification.

“So the Obama administration believes a gun ban will not work without mandatory gun confiscation and universal background checks will not work without requiring national gun registration,” the ad concludes. “Still think President Obama’s proposals sound reasonable?”

Fuck! Someone actually read the DOJ memo we cited! GODDAMMITT!!!!! :evil:

Forum List

Back