Obama's Responses To Multiple Mass Shootings/Killings In The U S

LOL!!
Yeah, context matters when it helps you, doesnt matter when it doesnt.
You're a dumbshit. That much is clear. And I stand by statement that you dont give two shits about dead people unless they further your agenda. It is hysterical how Euroweenies and their kind just become incensed at Americans' right to keep and bear arms. It's like they want to be slaves.

Comparing cars and guns is like comparing apples and oranges. It pathetic..

I'm not European. As for slaves, I have more real freedoms than you'll ever have. For a start, I'm not a slave to the gun lobby or worried about my govt "coming to get me", or that some nutbar having a bad day will go ballistic at my local school, cinema or mall.
No pathetic is you thinking there is some difference between a dead body in a car and one with a bullet in it.
You have no freedom. You lack freedom of speech. You lack freedom of religion. You lack freedom to keep and bear arms. You fucking dont have the freedom to sit out voting in an election.
You are indeed a slave to the state.

In the end, Obama was exactly right. A swath of Americans--both rural and urban--"cling to their guns and religion."

That statement would have to evolve now to "cling to their guns like religion."

You couple a society that values aggression as a solution or a means of getting respect with far too easy access to guns and you get shootings in the tens of thousands as we have now.

When we decide to finally step outside ourselves and take an approach that looks at how we can instill more mutual respect between people and their own kind as well as those who are different from us, and then of course take measures to make the "well-regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment meaningful by well-regulating firearms, we'll see the shootings fall.

Obama hasn't said anything different than the conclusions President Reagan reached over 25 years ago, so it's pretty disingenuous when you hear all these keyboard warriors wailing away about the Great Dictator Obama.
Please tell us how you'd like to instill mutual respect among drug dealers and other criminals.

LOL!!
You're a dumbshit. That much is clear. And I stand by statement that you dont give two shits about dead people unless they further your agenda. It is hysterical how Euroweenies and their kind just become incensed at Americans' right to keep and bear arms. It's like they want to be slaves.

I'm not European. As for slaves, I have more real freedoms than you'll ever have. For a start, I'm not a slave to the gun lobby or worried about my govt "coming to get me", or that some nutbar having a bad day will go ballistic at my local school, cinema or mall.

Sad that you have to ask. Means you have exactly no imagination or gray matter to speak of.

I'd start by subsidizing a Jobs Bill instead of handing out free money to people that doesn't amount to a hill of beans and allows no one to climb out of poverty. Poverty is directly linked to gun culture within the homicide part of gun deaths in America.

In 2013 there were 33,000 gun deaths. 27% were homicides, or, about 8,800. Of the homicides, roughly 2,000-3,000 are drug-related.

Speaks to your subtle prejudice that you bring up drug-related ones, which is an easy scapegoat for ignorant people, since they represent less than 10% of all gun deaths a year.

Over 60% of gun deaths are by suicide. That number keeps increasing and is the biggest worry no one talks about, but lets stick with drugs/crime, or, the 27% of gun deaths.

Education, training, jobs. We created a middle-class after the Great Depression by passing a massive jobs program that worked. Offer someone a job that allows them to not just struggle to make ends meet, or to survive, but to live, and far less people will fall the way of selling drugs.

I mean, why work full-time for $14,000/yr when you take advantage of the broken War on Drugs and make an actual living by selling drugs.

You decriminalize drugs and their prices immediately fall because they're no longer contraband. And then you offer people jobs, just like the President in House of Cards. Just like we did 80 years ago. Ronald Reagan's father was kind of a poor sap and a drunk, but then was handed a good-paying job that gave him dignity and a chance to save, which he then used to subsidize his son's venture out to California.

If drug-related gun deaths account for somewhere between 25-40% of all homicides, regulating guns better will help bring those numbers down as well as the other 60-75% that aren't drug-related, but in many cases people who simply had far too easy access to guns that shouldn't have them.

We need fundamental changes across the board, because it is plain to see that even though the homicide rate has fallen over the last 25 years, we have a new scourge of mass-shootings on the rise, and an unspoken scourge of suicides, which only serve to reveal that far too many imbalanced people are legally buying guns way too easily in this country.

LOL!!

No pathetic is you thinking there is some difference between a dead body in a car and one with a bullet in it.
You have no freedom. You lack freedom of speech. You lack freedom of religion. You lack freedom to keep and bear arms. You fucking dont have the freedom to sit out voting in an election.

I do have freedom of religion
I can get a firearm if I so wish
I have a lot more freedom of speech than you do (throwing a woman standing there doing nothing out of a rally anyone?)
I don't vote in Australia, I'm a NZer. In NZ I don't have to vote (but I do when I'm home)

You are a slave to your corporate masters via their proxies your congress critters.. Your congress critters and senators are slaves to the biggest donors with the biggest check books. The only interest they have is getting elected in the next cycle and when they look to do that they aren't looking at Joe Average to get them there. And once they take Big Money they are indebted.

You are the slaves to your DA's and politically appointed judges who judge the law not on the law itself, but popular opinion and their political beliefs.

You have DAs prosecuting cases not because of the rights and wrongs of the victim or alleged perp or even the law, but on winning at all costs because their lack of humility that they might be wrong is anathema to their personality. They are more worried about their political careers and egos than about justice.

Yeah, and I'm a slave.....

LOL!!

Sad that you have to ask. Means you have exactly no imagination or gray matter to speak of.

I'd start by subsidizing a Jobs Bill instead of handing out free money to people that doesn't amount to a hill of beans and allows no one to climb out of poverty. Poverty is directly linked to gun culture within the homicide part of gun deaths in America.

In 2013 there were 33,000 gun deaths. 27% were homicides, or, about 8,800. Of the homicides, roughly 2,000-3,000 are drug-related.

Speaks to your subtle prejudice that you bring up drug-related ones, which is an easy scapegoat for ignorant people, since they represent less than 10% of all gun deaths a year.

Over 60% of gun deaths are by suicide. That number keeps increasing and is the biggest worry no one talks about, but lets stick with drugs/crime, or, the 27% of gun deaths.

Education, training, jobs. We created a middle-class after the Great Depression by passing a massive jobs program that worked. Offer someone a job that allows them to not just struggle to make ends meet, or to survive, but to live, and far less people will fall the way of selling drugs.

I mean, why work full-time for $14,000/yr when you take advantage of the broken War on Drugs and make an actual living by selling drugs.

You decriminalize drugs and their prices immediately fall because they're no longer contraband. And then you offer people jobs, just like the President in House of Cards. Just like we did 80 years ago. Ronald Reagan's father was kind of a poor sap and a drunk, but then was handed a good-paying job that gave him dignity and a chance to save, which he then used to subsidize his son's venture out to California.

If drug-related gun deaths account for somewhere between 25-40% of all homicides, regulating guns better will help bring those numbers down as well as the other 60-75% that aren't drug-related, but in many cases people who simply had far too easy access to guns that shouldn't have them.

We need fundamental changes across the board, because it is plain to see that even though the homicide rate has fallen over the last 25 years, we have a new scourge of mass-shootings on the rise, and an unspoken scourge of suicides, which only serve to reveal that far too many imbalanced people are legally buying guns way too easily in this country.

Right, suicides would not happen if we didn't have guns. Hey! Did you see that safety net they are building on the Golden Gate bridge in California (the state with the strictest gun laws) to keep people from jumping off of it? But what the hell, it only cost 75 million dollars to put up.

First you ridicule our war on drugs, and then suggest we use the same strategy to get rid of guns.

LOL!!

I do have freedom of religion
I can get a firearm if I so wish
I have a lot more freedom of speech than you do (throwing a woman standing there doing nothing out of a rally anyone?)
I don't vote in Australia, I'm a NZer. In NZ I don't have to vote (but I do when I'm home)

You are a slave to your corporate masters via their proxies your congress critters.. Your congress critters and senators are slaves to the biggest donors with the biggest check books. The only interest they have is getting elected in the next cycle and when they look to do that they aren't looking at Joe Average to get them there. And once they take Big Money they are indebted.

You are the slaves to your DA's and politically appointed judges who judge the law not on the law itself, but popular opinion and their political beliefs.

You have DAs prosecuting cases not because of the rights and wrongs of the victim or alleged perp or even the law, but on winning at all costs because their lack of humility that they might be wrong is anathema to their personality. They are more worried about their political careers and egos than about justice.

Yeah, and I'm a slave.....
Stand up and denounce Islam and call for the expulsion of all Muslims and see how that works.
And no you do not have the option of not registering to vote.

Right, suicides would not happen if we didn't have guns. Hey! Did you see that safety net they are building on the Golden Gate bridge in California (the state with the strictest gun laws) to keep people from jumping off of it? But what the hell, it only cost 75 million dollars to put up.

First you ridicule our war on drugs, and then suggest we use the same strategy to get rid of guns.

People have jumped off the Golden Gate and survived. As have those who've taken pills and slit their wrists. Not many survivors who've shot themselves in the head.

People have jumped off the Golden Gate and survived. As have those who've taken pills and slit their wrists. Not many survivors who've shot themselves in the head.
Wrong. Plenty of people survved that. Varying states of brain damage of course.
You're really racking them up here.

Stand up and denounce Islam and call for the expulsion of all Muslims and see how that works.
And no you do not have the option of not registering to vote.

A lot of people have said so in Australia. They've even had rallies. No loss of freedom of speech there.

yeah I do. I'm not an Australian so I'm not allowed to vote.

Japan, South Korea and China have 0 access to guns for civilians...and their suicide rates are higher than ours.

[
Oh......we're too good for that sort of thing is what you're saying. Well, we're not too good for that sort of thing.
This is a free society run by criminals. Criminals that are trying to foment violence. Trying to cause anarchy and death here and abroad. A government that helps the criminal and punishes the victim. Well, we need to learn to take care of ourselves. The DA refuses to enforce our laws as written so it's up to us to enforce them at the local and state level. We get zero leadership from the White House, so we need to defend ourselves using common-sense.....not politically-correct nonsense.

If you won't let the citizens arm themselves, then hire armed/trained guards to do it.

That's the only downside to Hollywood. You have all these great conspiracy movies and people start seeing things that aren't there.

A lot of politicians are dodgy (is the same in most countries), but very few are criminals.

I do agree that the US does have its nose in too many other people's business.
The problem is apathy. People who come to America know that we live in a great country compared to others and they can see the same thing happening here that made them leave their home countries. Those of us who see it from the front lines know that Americans are sheltered from the truth.

So we need to get rid of guns because it gives a suicide victim less of a chance????

So we need to get rid of guns because it gives a suicide victim less of a chance????
And the awful thing is somewhere he actually thinks this.

And the awful thing is somewhere he actually thinks this.

That's the typical liberal mentality for you. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

No. It is but one reason....there are many..

Last edited:
Wrong. Plenty of people survved that. Varying states of brain damage of course.
You're really racking them up here.

Note I said 'not many' not 'none'. Talk about racking them up...
More people have survived gun shot wounds than jumping off the Golden Gate bridge.

And...?
Exactly. So what? What difference does it make how many people survive this or that suicide attempt? How does that even bear on a discussion of gun control?

Forum List

Back