Obama's UN Speech a Victory for Iran, Says Media

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
A senior Iranian official welcomed on Wednesday the "moderate and respectful tone" of U.S. President Barack Obama's speech to the UN General Assembly, as newspapers hailed a new path for the Islamic Republic, reports AFP.

"It seems a new climate has been created with the rise to power of a new Iranian government, and all international parties are trying to react to this new climate," said Deputy Foreign Minister Morteza Sarmadi.

"For example, Barack Obama has tried to use a more moderate and respectful tone," he said, in remarks quoted by the ISNA news agency.

"But no doubt what's important in foreign policy are actions," he said. If the world's major powers "respect Iran's nuclear rights under the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, I think reaching a solution is imaginable."

Meanwhile, the Iranian press welcomed Obama's speech, saying it recognized Washington's “past mistakes."

In remarks before the General Assembly in New York on Tuesday, the U.S. president pushed for a “diplomatic path” with the new Iranian government.

The moderate Donya-e-Eqtesad daily greeted Obama's “different tone," while the conservative Jomhouri Eslami reveled in a declaration that “the United States does not seek regime change” in Iran.

The reformist Shargh newspaper hailed Obama’s speech for opening up “a new path” for the relationship between the two arch-foes, which have had no diplomatic ties since the Islamic Revolution.

“Even those most pessimistic to an opening in relations have accepted that the time for change has arrived,” its editorial said, according to AFP.

It added that the international situation has “significantly changed in Iran’s favor," and argued that Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu would be “isolated” as a "warmonger."

Engaging in negotiations with Washington and world powers over Tehran’s nuclear drive, Shargh said, would culminate in the recognition of Iran’s “rights."

Obama's UN Speech a Victory for Iran, Says Media - Middle East - News - Israel National News

-----------
facepalm.gif

"It seems a new climate has been created with the rise to power of a new Iranian government, and all international parties are trying to react to this new climate," said Deputy Foreign Minister Morteza Sarmadi.

Translation:
People are stumbling all over each other trying to kiss the new president's ass.

(Only to see it bite them in theirs later on)
:eusa_shhh:

NEVER negotiate with terrorists

The American people will not support another war for Israel!

We will not support a war against Iran!

Any politician who even came out in support of military strikes on Syria is going to face the wrath of the voters the next election they participate in.

Any politician who even came out in support of military strikes on Syria is going to face the wrath of the voters the next election they participate in.

:boohoo:

:boohoo:
Put that fiddle down. Sherri always harps about Jews and plays a Jews harp.

Jew's harp

A demonstration:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx0nnZZVnd8]JAW HARP JOHN - YouTube[/ame]

I think that's fair.

And while we're at it, then tell your government to stop holding us back if and when we decide to protect ourselves against that evil regime.

We respect that Americans are tired of wars. Israel though cannot allow itself get 'tired' of wars, since all its wars are wars of existence.

You're not with us? more than fine.

But stop holding us back.

Israel is alone in this. with or without your government.

For those who do not know------the literature from which sherri draws lots of her "information" was available to me when I was but a child.
When I was a kid---just about the only
BOOK in my house was a comprehensive tome of the POETRY OF SHELLY---and a
tattered dictionary-----and some copies of the New testament that christians handed
out christmas time. (my mom hid some sleezy stuff deep in her underwear
drawer------I did read "LOLITA" circa 1960 but had no idea why it excited so
many people) I read anything that landed in my hands. ------or I could dig
out. I lived in a town filled with people like some people who post here-----
and------there were old pamphlets and little magazine things ALL OVER THE place---
about THE JEWS -----which---of course---I read. I learned the sophistry of
ISA-RESPECTERS way back then and how world war II was FORCED ON THE USA
BY THE ZIONISTS -----it was a WAR TO SAVE THE JEWS but was actually
CREATED BY ZIONISTS The stuff written in the 1930s focused on
"LETS NOT FIGHT A WAR FOR ZIONISM" I was young----the MAD MAGAZINE
was new------In my mind the literature was something like "MAD MAGAZINE"
well-----I did read that too because my older brother bought it----along with
Superman comics and later on anything ISAAC AZIMOV wrote. Then
I grew up a bit came to know that some people believed the most
fantastical stuff I read at age 10. In fact pakistani med school graduates
could quote it chapter and verse-------just like sherri does.

For the record----Isaac Azimov was sometimes a bit perverse----I did not
understand that stuff either. The imagery was just a bit disturbing

Forum List

Back