🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Visit to Israel

ForeverYoung436

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2009
What should Obama accomplish during his visit to Israel? Pledge American aid if Iran should attack? Restart Israeli-Palestinian talks? I'd like everyone's opinions.

Obama can not himself restart talks - all he can do is invite people to do so.

Personally, I see little chance of that delivering any value while Netanyahu and Hamas are in power.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
What should Obama accomplish during his visit to Israel? Pledge American aid if Iran should attack? Restart Israeli-Palestinian talks? I'd like everyone's opinions.
This is not about "peace talks" or the Israel Palestine issue at all.

Obama is on another "charm offensive" to make Israel not attack Iran, by creating doubts in her people about the timeline of an Iranian nuke. It won't work. Israel will do whatever is necessary.

He wants to achieve "better understanding" :)rolleyes:) and good will with Israel and Netanyahu for he is not popular there because of his conciliatory strategies with the Muslims and his destructive, unhelpful anti-Israel policies such as resurrecting the anti-settlement question.

No doubt he will emphasize his desires for Israel to make concessions in regards to a peace agreement and will also claim that the current sanctions against Iran are having effect :)rolleyes:) and therefore a strike against that country is unnecessary.

However, the Israelis and Netanyahu are realistic in their firm belief that Obama's aims are wrong and he will achieve very little on this visit.

Thankfully, Netanyahu won't change his policies, but unfortunately neither will Obama.

"He wants to achieve "better understanding" ......

Well good luck with that. Only leftist will buy that crap. and leftists are endangered species in Israel. they thankfully go extinct

"Israel will do whatever is necessary."

Whatever it wants, at least.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Tell them either the illegal settlements stop, or the money stops

Forum List

Back