Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

A HUGE one-day drop in projections.

4-7:
US projection, @ peak (15 APR)
shortage of beds: 36654
shortage of ICU beds 16323
Total death projections thru 4 AUG: 81766,
Range: 49131-136401 (+/- 40%)

4-8:
US projection, @ peak (11 APR)
shortage of beds: 15852
shortage of ICU beds 9047
Total death projections thru 4 AUG: 60415
Range: 31221-126703 (+/- 48%)

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

Great news! I hope the projections continue to improve!
YAY !
Iceland’s early coronavirus testing model shows 50% of cases have no symptoms

We've known this for a while, and it's not good news. It's good for Iceland where they moved swiftly and early on testing. What it means for the Italys and USes who did not, is that as long as a place only tests those with symptoms, they will miss half the infected, who are free to be silent carriers, and there's no way to get ahead of that.
Try not keeping up your auto insurance. Nazi's will be in shortly. Test for Kodona Beezroos ? Not available. Blow a toll booth. See how it goes

If the most basic duty of any economic system is to protect and maintain public health and safety, neither private capitalism nor the US government gets passing grades for their Covid-19 response.

Our current pandemic has revealed once again the fundamental contradiction of capitalism, social production and private appropriation of wealth.

Economic alternatives to capitalism--those not driven by a profit motive--could manage viruses better:

COVID-19 and the Failures of Capitalism - CounterPunch.org

"While not profitable to produce and stockpile everything needed for a viral pandemic, it is efficient.

"The wealth already lost in this pandemic far exceeds the cost to have produced and stockpiled the tests and ventilators, the lack of which is contributing so much to today’s disaster.

"Capitalism often pursues profit at the expense of more urgent social needs and values.

"In this, capitalism is grossly inefficient."

• Love
Reactions: BWK
Today begins the reversal of sentiments for the powers that be
be. America and Trump haters will wail for a long time to come but the numbers are coming down the right side of the peak.
Great economic suffering will occur even though great health suffering did not and as a Very few of said from Day 1, this whole agenda driven thing was a convenient overreaction.
Deaths are deaths and that’s sad but the disproportionate overreacting and violin playing can end now .

As of this minute 90% of Americans are shut down and 0.1% of Americans are infected, most minimally
Those numbers are an absurdity and finally the powers that be are seeing the uselessness of this shutdown

DAMN!!! Im right again. I should be giving mild corona virus updates.
Myths about corona

Remember when i surmised a few days ago the people dying were already sick in the hospital?

"Morse: And those 2% who die are the sickest. They're in the hospital already. So even those in the hospital have probably a 98% chance of surviving. So it's not a death sentence. I agree."
"it seems to be a mild type of viral infection."

I have been calling it mild for some time. Moral of the story its a mild virus and like i have said many times the vast majority of people dying were already in the hospital dying of something else.

As of this minute 90% of Americans are shut down and 0.1% of Americans are infected, most minimally
Those numbers are an absurdity and finally the powers that be are seeing the uselessness of this shutdown

Hi!!! i sgree with you. the true number of infected is most likely 80 million in the US AND they never knew they had it.

Myths about corona

Remember when i surmised a few days ago the people dying were already sick in the hospital?

"Morse: And those 2% who die are the sickest. They're in the hospital already. So even those in the hospital have probably a 98% chance of surviving. So it's not a death sentence. I agree."

I have been calling it mild for some time. Moral of the story its a mild virus and like i have said many times the vast majority of people dying were already in the hospital dying of something else.

That explains nicely why there is no surge of patients into hospitals and why you cant find pictures to show it.

Here's what I really believe..
But you have zero education or experience in any relevant field. ...

And you?
What difference does that make? ....

:lmao:
Thats what i thought. Back to your regularly scheduled cackling.
How nice that you are so comfortable with your hypocrisy.
My, arent you just a sniveling little attack poodle today. Son, if you have a point, use your big boy words and make it.
Can’t read, stupid?

Did everyone know on here that virginia is only using 27% of its ventilators today, which is just about what would be used on a regular day

Why dont we start a thread of "Pictures of overwhelmed hospitals in US"? It wont be much of a thread im afraid. Maybe a few in NYC where deblasio and cuomo have done a botch job. I bet we could post alot more of empty hospitals. Quite a few are laying off staff because they were dedicated to corona and the corona mobs never showed up.

Myths about corona

I have the correct link in another thread. When we consider the phony coding of corona deaths and the hideously bad modelling will the people wanting shutdowns allow the homeless they created come live with them?

I'm sure that left is going to use this situation to push for government healthcare. Longer we stay shut, harder they're going to push for it.

I'm sure that left is going to use this situation to push for government healthcare. Longer we stay shut, harder they're going to push for it.

The left always trades in misery and death. When all is said and done an awful lot of people will have had thier lives destroyed over a very mild virus

Why dont we start a thread of "Pictures of overwhelmed hospitals in US"? It wont be much of a thread im afraid. Maybe a few in NYC where deblasio and cuomo have done a botch job. I bet we could post alot more of empty hospitals. Quite a few are laying off staff because they were dedicated to corona and the corona mobs never showed up.

Week ago...

Definitely. You're seeing things that aren't there again.

What are your death numbers now?

I check here.

I mean your projected numbers based on your model. If you go by Dr. Fauci, then he had 100K to 200K as his latest numbers. Before that, he was saying something like 1.7 M deaths.

I don't know. I have not looked at them.

If you look at Dr. Fauci's numbers, then he had 1.7 M deaths early on. The latest is 100,00 - 200,000. Even that might be too high.

I estimated 15,000 - 20,000 deaths by Easter based on the number of deaths last week. Fauci had to estimate the entire number of deaths, so had a more difficult job but he had his model.

Now, his 100K - 200K could be overstated, too.

'(CNN)An influential model tracking the coronavirus pandemic in the United States now predicts that fewer people will die and fewer hospital beds will be needed compared to its estimates from last week.

As of Monday, the model predicted the virus will kill 81,766 people in the United States over the next four months, with just under 141,000 hospital beds being needed. That's about 12,000 fewer deaths -- and 121,000 fewer hospital beds -- than the model estimated on Thursday.

A "massive infusion of new data" led to the adjustments, according to the model's maker, Dr. Christopher Murray, who serves as director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington School of Medicine.'

It's no wonder people don't believe this COVID-19 to be as serious since we do not know about total confirmed numbers because of faulty testing. It could be higher if the second wave theory is correct.

Maybe Sweden isn't as wacky as other countries thought they were. I dunno.

The 1.7 million was probably assuming that nothing was done.

Or wishful thinking.

Please start the thread !

I personally visited my local hospital a few days ago. It's a 350 bed level 2 trauma center with over 2000 employees.- this is a fairly large facility. There were no crowds, no pandemonium, no panic. It was a ghost town. They had a tent set up for Covid19 testing- not even one car in line.

The nurse I spoke with told me that are so slow, they are laying off people - thanks to the prohibition on "non-essential" procedures.

Actually you're full of shit. NOBODY KNOWS how many are infected --- the number 422,369 is only the latest number of positive tests, with literally tens of thousands added daily. MOREOVER since testing is only being done on those WITH SYMPTOMS, there are at least that many more carrying silently, and even then that assumes no further testing is needed which is clearly nowhere near the reality.

So you were right when you posted those numbers are an absurdity. So stop plopping them.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

Forum List

Back