Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

As of Today.....so far

New York + New Jersey = 950 out of a total of 1,350 deaths.

And THIS JUST IN

South Dakota is still has seven, yes you read right a massive seven deaths total.

But it's the new HOT SPOT according to our board moron MarcATL

I took the World O Meters data for the states and pasted it into an excel file. I had listed the states in order of number of deaths.
This also includes D.C.

I then did a little math.

Here is what I found.

The bottom 30 states combined have fewer total deaths than Michigan.
The bottom 37 states combined have fewer total deaths than New Jersey.
The bottom 49 states combined have fewer total deaths than New York (that total included Michigan)

New York + New Jersey have 57.4% of the total deaths in the U.S.

New York + New Jersey + Michigan have 63.3% of the total deaths.

Why do you morons keep insisting this is so bad in places where it is not.

Poor source and poor examples. You need to look at South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and the #1 GOLD standard in dealing with Coronavirus TAIWAN!

But you see, the professor does not look at those countries because they don't fit with his uninformed and narrow conclusions.
Taiwan did some things you cant do here...….pooor example....see 2 can play

What TAIWAN did is something every country can do and will do in the future to prevent another disaster like this from happening. The primary things TAIWAN did was

1. immediately put travel bans and restrictions on people coming into Taiwan from anywhere. Taiwan did this EARLY, January 20th. The United States did not impose such restrictions in full until late March. Any first world country has the capability to do what Taiwan did here, the difference is that TAIWAN acted EARLY!

2. The second line of defense, TESTING, TESTING, TESTING, on anyone let into the country and on the local population. Also, any new arrivals let into the country are automatically assumed to have covid-19 and are isolated for an extended period.

3. Any positive test are followed up with contact tracing to find and isolate anyone that has come into contact with a positive test carrier.

4. Continue to follow standard social distancing rules.

Its pretty simple, and is what the United States and Europe are doing now. The problem is that the United States and Europe acted TOO LATE in implementing these restrictions which gave the virus time to penetrate key population centers and spread unchecked. TAIWAN put in place their restrictions EARLY enough prevent any significant penetration into their population.

TAIWAN is now manufacturing masks for the rest of the world. They have produced 10 million masks and have sent 2 million of those masks to the United States.

Testing does not prevent transmission.

If this thing were the zombie apocolypse you want it to be.....testing would not matter.

Taiwan never....got that....NEVER.....closed their schools.

Amended: That does not mean in any way.....that I don't believe testing is a necessary activity.

Last edited:
Every death now is Covid. The numbers are terribly inflated because this overreactive hoax is losing steam and needs some more leverage to frighten Americans into submission.

As of Today.....so far

And THIS JUST IN

South Dakota is still has seven, yes you read right a massive seven deaths total.

The statistics of primary importance in managing an epidemic is not the total number of cases nor the number deaths. The total number of cases reflect the history of the outbreak not the present situation and the number of deaths are more about healthcare delivery and demographics of the patients than the spread of the virus.

It is the trend of new cases which is of primary importance. New cases in South Dakota's have been rising sharply from about 20 on April 1st to a 180 on April 15th. That's an increase of about 900%. During that time frame, new cases in New York state have risen about 20%.
coronavirus new cases by state - Google Search

As of Today.....so far

And THIS JUST IN

The statistics of primary importance in managing an epidemic is not the total number of cases nor the number deaths. The total number of cases reflect the history of the outbreak not the present situation and the number of deaths are more about healthcare delivery and demographics of the patients than the spread of the virus.

It is the trend of new cases which is of primary importance. New cases in South Dakota's have been rising sharply from about 20 on April 1st to a 180 on April 15th. That's an increase of about 900%. During that time frame, new cases in New York state have risen about 20%.
coronavirus new cases by state - Google Search

The small number of cases relative to the population makes those numbers meaningless.

You could have infected a school cafeteria in the corner of the state for all anyone knows.

Most important stat is what percentage of cases become serious or critical. That’s the killer category

The statistics of primary importance in managing an epidemic is not the total number of cases nor the number deaths.

I totally disagree. The important point is reaching herd immunity of somewhere > 60%.

As for the number of cases, we don't have the correct number, but Stanford studies have shown a higher number of people have it or had it.

The number of deaths help to calculate actual number of cases, but we are using the higher 3.4% mortality rate. There are some other factors such as time. At this point, I think we can only go by the higher number states. The lower number ones may be small sample size.

New Hampshire deaths just jumped significantly.

374 total deaths. They were at 34 prior to today. I hope that's a typo, but I'm not so sure if it is given the region they're in.

2,650 so far in the U.S. today.

Sucks.

New York and New Jersey at 1,350 between them.

Mass at 160

Michigan at 130

WTF ? New Hampshire added 340 with only about 45 before ?

Everyone else does not look so bad.

Except, of course, SOUTH DAKOTA REPORTING A WHOPPING 7.

MarcATL is a prophet.

Sucks.

Mass at 160

Michigan at 130

MarcATL is a prophet.
Thank goodness doctors in south dakota don't suffer from your cultism:

No wonder the Thais had early success using hiv antivirals
The frog doctor who I'd the aids virus says the chinks screwed up experimenting looking for an aids vaccine and viola Franken aids Corona..

Says no way that it's natural...the corona was altered

Poor source and poor examples. You need to look at South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and the #1 GOLD standard in dealing with Coronavirus TAIWAN!

But you see, the professor does not look at those countries because they don't fit with his uninformed and narrow conclusions.
Taiwan did some things you cant do here...….pooor example....see 2 can play

What TAIWAN did is something every country can do and will do in the future to prevent another disaster like this from happening. The primary things TAIWAN did was

1. immediately put travel bans and restrictions on people coming into Taiwan from anywhere. Taiwan did this EARLY, January 20th. The United States did not impose such restrictions in full until late March. Any first world country has the capability to do what Taiwan did here, the difference is that TAIWAN acted EARLY!

2. The second line of defense, TESTING, TESTING, TESTING, on anyone let into the country and on the local population. Also, any new arrivals let into the country are automatically assumed to have covid-19 and are isolated for an extended period.

3. Any positive test are followed up with contact tracing to find and isolate anyone that has come into contact with a positive test carrier.

4. Continue to follow standard social distancing rules.

Its pretty simple, and is what the United States and Europe are doing now. The problem is that the United States and Europe acted TOO LATE in implementing these restrictions which gave the virus time to penetrate key population centers and spread unchecked. TAIWAN put in place their restrictions EARLY enough prevent any significant penetration into their population.

TAIWAN is now manufacturing masks for the rest of the world. They have produced 10 million masks and have sent 2 million of those masks to the United States.

Testing does not prevent transmission.

If this thing were the zombie apocolypse you want it to be.....testing would not matter.

Taiwan never....got that....NEVER.....closed their schools.

Amended: That does not mean in any way.....that I don't believe testing is a necessary activity.

Listen carefully, its TESTING + CONTACT TRACING + ISOLATION = prevention of transmission.

TAIWAN does not have to close their schools BECAUSE:

1. They shut down travel into the country on January 20, 2020 from anywhere.

2. Only citizens were let in under severe restrictions.

3. TESTING + CONTACT TRACING + ISOLATION of infected or potentially infected individuals.

Those three steps are why TAIWAN only has 6 deaths and 395 infections.

YOU CAN'T return to normal or get to where TAIWAN is without TESTING. TESTING ALLOWS you to know where the virus is, who is infected, who might be infected, and then who you need to isolate!

TESTING is like a Radar in a war. It tells you WHERE THE ENEMY IS OR MIGHT BE. You can't fight and win wars without being able to DETECT AND TARGET THE ENEMY.

New Hampshire was a typo. That's good news. Unfortunately, we still hit 2500 deaths and over 31,000 new cases.

Sucks.

Mass at 160

Michigan at 130

MarcATL is a prophet.

Only 884,000 people live in South Dakota. Few people travel to South Dakota. Its low population and relative isolation explains its CURRENT and I undermine current death total.

On the other hand we have TAIWAN, 24 million people densely pact onto a small island that has extensive connections with mainland China and the rest of Asia. They only have 395 infections and 6 deaths.

The statistics of primary importance in managing an epidemic is not the total number of cases nor the number deaths.

I totally disagree. The important point is reaching herd immunity of somewhere > 60%.

As for the number of cases, we don't have the correct number, but Stanford studies have shown a higher number of people have it or had it.

The number of deaths help to calculate actual number of cases, but we are using the higher 3.4% mortality rate. There are some other factors such as time. At this point, I think we can only go by the higher number states. The lower number ones may be small sample size.

Herd immunity is a terrible idea to combat this virus. If you did nothing you could have Herd immunity by August, but you would KILL 2.4 million Americans.

Even then, we still don't know if being infected insures immunity.

Far better to Isolate as much as possible and kill the pathogen that way. It saves lives, and when cases start to decline, testing/contact tracing/Isolation methods will allow the few new hotspots to be dealt with without having to shut everything down.

Every death now is Covid. The numbers are terribly inflated because this overreactive hoax is losing steam and needs some more leverage to frighten Americans into submission.

No, the deaths from COVID-19 are undercounted. In New York City, there are 200 people dying every day in their homes. They don't get tested for covid-19. Many of them likely had it, but they don't get included in the stats because a test was not done to confirm they had it.

I took the World O Meters data for the states and pasted it into an excel file. I had listed the states in order of number of deaths.
This also includes D.C.

I then did a little math.

Here is what I found.

The bottom 30 states combined have fewer total deaths than Michigan.
The bottom 37 states combined have fewer total deaths than New Jersey.
The bottom 49 states combined have fewer total deaths than New York (that total included Michigan)

New York + New Jersey have 57.4% of the total deaths in the U.S.

New York + New Jersey + Michigan have 63.3% of the total deaths.

Why do you morons keep insisting this is so bad in places where it is not.

27,000 people have died in the last 11 days in the United States from covid-19. Yet, those that dismiss this are insisting its nothing more than the seasonal flu. When was the last time 27,000 people died in just 11 days from seasonal flu in any given year?

Forum List

Back