Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Poor source and poor examples. You need to look at South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and the #1 GOLD standard in dealing with Coronavirus TAIWAN!

But you see, the professor does not look at those countries because they don't fit with his uninformed and narrow conclusions.

Sweden didn't have a great day....130.

Norway and Finland much better.

But Belgium and the Neatherlands had much worse days.

The Swedes are not dying in droves.

And they can still go out to dinner (not saying they should).

Sweden now has the 10th HIGHEST death rate in the world from coronavirus. Pound for pound, if you want to avoid dying from coronavirus, don't go to Sweden.

Poor source and poor examples. You need to look at South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and the #1 GOLD standard in dealing with Coronavirus TAIWAN!

But you see, the professor does not look at those countries because they don't fit with his uninformed and narrow conclusions.
Taiwan did some things you cant do here...….pooor example....see 2 can play

It is almost impossible to get very accurate causes of deaths for all patients during an epidemic. Doctors are required to specify a cause of death on the death certificate regardless of whether adequate testing has been done. but it's rarely just a guess. There are difference in how the disease process progresses with Covid 19 than other repertory disease. In cases where there is no clear evidence that cause of death was covid 19, how a person contracted the disease is a major clue in an epidemic. In other words, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, has feathers and webbed feet like a duck, it's probably a duck.

I have to disagree with you on this. Here is why again, and since I already wrote about it before, I'll copy from previous post.

To test for corona virus, they're using something called RT-PCR, you can read about it here. What's wrong with the test is that is not looking for corona virus directly, but for presence of certain strain of RNA, and since it's believed that corona virus is an RNA virus, there is certain RNA wrapped in proteins. Where it goes from there... they are assuming that if that RNA can be detected, than patient must have corona virus. It's assumption, not certainty, and that's fallacy, because there is nothing to prove that RNA that show positive test did not come from some other source, like bacteria, fungi, or patient's other cells.

That's why there is big question about legitimacy of confirmed cases of corona virus. While it's true that RNA could've come from corona virus, it could have come from tons of other sources unrelated to corona virus. Now, how to actually prove someone has corona virus for real, what would be proper procedure? Well, that something called purification... way I understood it is, they need to find exact RNA protein structure of corona virus, purify it, then extract RNA from the structure that match original RNA found in Wuhan, and only if those are the match, than person has corona virus.

Since they're not doing that, there is no actual proof of the corona virus itself, just proof of presence of RNA that could come from various/different sources. Regardless of suspect nature of their declared number of "confirmed" cases, the possibility of confirming the corona virus is not achievable with current testing kits.

For that reason, total death count from corona virus is not just inaccurate, it's way overblown.
Or are they could be under reporting.
Conventional diagnostic tests for the novel coronavirus may give false-negative results about 30% of the time, meaning people with an active COVID-19 infection still test negative for the disease, according to news reports. Also, there are 4 different types of test. I would think if there was real doubt as to the validity of a test method, it could be confirmed via an electron microscope.

You need to remove that link you added to my quote, since I didn't posted it, and it doesn't represent what I was talking about.
Sorry I guest I put it in the wrong place. I would remove it but my time for doing so has expired

U.S. population: 328,000,000
Germany/France/Italy/UK/Spain population: 324,000,000

Corona virus cases:
U.S. 677,570
G/F/I/UK/S: 759,707

Corona virus deaths:
U.S.: 34,617
G/F/I/UK/S: 77,186

Researchers last week released the first data supporting this link. They found that the nations with the highest mortality rates—Italy, Spain and France—also had the lowest average vitamin D levels among countries affected by the pandemic.

I think it's a different mutation. The China one is much more mild. Also, there may be more than one way COVID-19 kills you. I suspect the Europe and East coast ones affect your lungs more directly.

Two different ways COVID-19 kills.

We first had COVID-19 attaching to the ACE 2 receptor and killing a cell or cells and then your body overreacts leading to ARDS. I suspect this is the Europe one. I could be wrong and have it backward, but think this is the one with less mortality rate

"As if images of overflowing morgues and worldwide human suffering weren’t hellish enough, doctors are now offering yet another horrifying visual of coronavirus’ path of destruction.

A thick layer of paint-like mucus coats the lungs of COVID-19 patients, gradually cutting off oxygen. The gruesome discovery, which was revealed in two autopsies of coronavirus patients, was published in the American Journal of Clinical Pathology.

“The upper and lower airways were . . . lined by a smooth, glistening, pale cream-colored mucosa,” the authors, doctors from Cleveland Clinic, wrote in the study.

Doctors in Oklahoma examined two men who tested positive for coronavirus after they died. One was a 77-year-old man who had symptoms for seven days, but never got treatment or an official diagnosis before he died. Since he passed away without receiving the help of a ventilator, the researchers were able to see what happens when the virus goes unchecked.

They discovered that the slime-like substance in the lung’s air sacs had caused major inflammation in his airways.

“That’s why they can’t breathe because it’s very difficult to get oxygen through those thick walls,” Dr. Sanjay Mukhopadhyay, director of pulmonary pathology at the Cleveland Clinic, told Cleveland19.com."

Now, there is evidence of COVID-19 attacking your lungs directly and leaving a sticky substance
Coronavirus slathers lungs in sludge that slowly suffocates victims, study finds.

March 24, 2020 - United States - 54,916
March 25, 2020 - United States - 68,489 - 24.7% increase
March 26, 2020 - United States - 85,594 - 24.97% increase
March 27, 2020 - United States - 104,256 - 21.8% increase
March 28, 2020 - United States - 123,776 - 18.7% increase
March 29, 2020 - United States - 142,224 - 14.9% increase
March 30, 2020 - United States - 164,266 - 15.5% increase
March 31, 2020 - United States - 188,578 - 14.8% increase
April 1, 2020 - United States - 215,300 - 14.2% increase
April 2, 2020 - United States - 245,193 - 13.9% increase
April 3, 2020 - United States - 277,475 - 13.2% increase
April 4, 2020 - United States - 311,635 - 12.3% increase
April 5, 2020 - United States - 336,830 - 8.1% increase
April 6, 2020 - United States - 367,629 - 9.1% increase
April 7, 2020 - United States - 400,540 - 9.0% increase
April 8, 2020 - United States - 435,160 - 8.6% increase
April 9, 2020 - United States - 468,895 - 7.8% increase
April 10, 2020 - United States - 502,876 - 7.3% increase
April 11, 2020 - United States - 533,115 - 6.0% increase
April 12, 2020 - United States - 560,433 - 5.1% increase
April 13, 2020 - United States - 587,155 - 4.8% increase
April 14, 2020 - United States - 614,246 - 4.6% increase
April 15, 2020 - United States - 644,089 - 4.9% increase
April 16, 2020 - United States - 678,144 - 5.3% increase

Unfortunately, the rate of increase in new infections has stopped declining and is now going back up slightly in the United States. Hopefully this will only be temporary and the decline will continue.

Last edited:

I think it's a different mutation. The China one is much more mild. Also, there may be more than one way COVID-19 kills you. I suspect the Europe and East coast ones affect your lungs more directly.

A different mutation could lead to different rates of death, but just being INFECTED is what were really looking at. Only 395 infections in TAIWAN. That's the primary explanation for why there is only 6 deaths in TAIWAN.

Taiwan did some things you cant do here...….pooor example....see 2 can play

What TAIWAN did is something every country can do and will do in the future to prevent another disaster like this from happening. The primary things TAIWAN did was

1. immediately put travel bans and restrictions on people coming into Taiwan from anywhere. Taiwan did this EARLY, January 20th. The United States did not impose such restrictions in full until late March. Any first world country has the capability to do what Taiwan did here, the difference is that TAIWAN acted EARLY!

2. The second line of defense, TESTING, TESTING, TESTING, on anyone let into the country and on the local population. Also, any new arrivals let into the country are automatically assumed to have covid-19 and are isolated for an extended period.

3. Any positive test are followed up with contact tracing to find and isolate anyone that has come into contact with a positive test carrier.

4. Continue to follow standard social distancing rules.

Its pretty simple, and is what the United States and Europe are doing now. The problem is that the United States and Europe acted TOO LATE in implementing these restrictions which gave the virus time to penetrate key population centers and spread unchecked. TAIWAN put in place their restrictions EARLY enough prevent any significant penetration into their population.

TAIWAN is now manufacturing masks for the rest of the world. They have produced 10 million masks and have sent 2 million of those masks to the United States.

Corona virus cases:
U.S. 677,570

Corona virus deaths:

Your point? The United States has one of the worst infections rates in the world, 14th worst in fact. Spain, Italy, and France have worse infections rates than the United States, and Germany and the UK are almost as bad. So of the worst infected countries on the planet, your saying that the United States is doing a little bit better when it comes to the death rate within the dirty dozen essentially. Essentially, "were bad, but were not as bad as the worse country in the world". Is that anything to point out or brag about?

Also, the higher death rate in these most infected countries could easily be explained away by the fact that Spain, Italy, France, Germany and the UK have populations that on average are OLDER than the United States when it comes to age. Older age makes you more vulnerable to the virus. So the United States lower death rate compared to these countries is NOT because of anything the U.S. healthcare system did and definitely not anything TRUMP did.

Corona virus cases:
U.S. 677,570

Corona virus deaths:

Your point? The United States has one of the worst infections rates in the world, 14th worst in fact. Spain, Italy, and France have worse infections rates than the United States, and Germany and the UK are almost as bad. So of the worst infected countries on the planet, your saying that the United States is doing a little bit better when it comes to the death rate within the dirty dozen essentially. Essentially, "were bad, but were not as bad as the worse country in the world". Is that anything to point out or brag about?

Also, the higher death rate in these most infected countries could easily be explained away by the fact that Spain, Italy, France, Germany and the UK have populations that on average are OLDER than the United States when it comes to age. Older age makes you more vulnerable to the virus. So the United States lower death rate compared to these countries is NOT because of anything the U.S. healthcare system did and definitely not anything TRUMP did.

No dunce, that is not my point.

A few democrats are starting to realize the debt pandemic has the power to sweep them away because it's tangible, affects everyone and will be gale force come election season. Furlough the furliughers.

Corona virus cases:
U.S. 677,570

Corona virus deaths:

No dunce, that is not my point.

What is your point?

A few democrats are starting to realize the debt pandemic has the power to sweep them away because it's tangible, affects everyone and will be gale force come election season. Furlough the furliughers.

The vast majority of people prefer the lock down because they understand the SCIENCE of what it takes to defeat a pandemic. Defeating the pandemic is the fastest way to safe public health and rebuilding the economy. For any idiots that try to reopen their non-essential business in a state that lets them, consumers will not be coming out to frequent those business's.

The consumer is the one that will decide when the non-essential economy will be able to open up. Until the consumer feels safe, opening up won't do anything for that non-essential business. They will just incur more cost without any sales to show for it.

March 24, 2020 - United States - 54,916
March 25, 2020 - United States - 68,489 - 24.7% increase
March 26, 2020 - United States - 85,594 - 24.97% increase
March 27, 2020 - United States - 104,256 - 21.8% increase
March 28, 2020 - United States - 123,776 - 18.7% increase
March 29, 2020 - United States - 142,224 - 14.9% increase
March 30, 2020 - United States - 164,266 - 15.5% increase
March 31, 2020 - United States - 188,578 - 14.8% increase
April 1, 2020 - United States - 215,300 - 14.2% increase
April 2, 2020 - United States - 245,193 - 13.9% increase
April 3, 2020 - United States - 277,475 - 13.2% increase
April 4, 2020 - United States - 311,635 - 12.3% increase
April 5, 2020 - United States - 336,830 - 8.1% increase
April 6, 2020 - United States - 367,629 - 9.1% increase
April 7, 2020 - United States - 400,540 - 9.0% increase
April 8, 2020 - United States - 435,160 - 8.6% increase
April 9, 2020 - United States - 468,895 - 7.8% increase
April 10, 2020 - United States - 502,876 - 7.3% increase
April 11, 2020 - United States - 533,115 - 6.0% increase
April 12, 2020 - United States - 560,433 - 5.1% increase
April 13, 2020 - United States - 587,155 - 4.8% increase
April 14, 2020 - United States - 614,246 - 4.6% increase
April 15, 2020 - United States - 644,089 - 4.9% increase
April 16, 2020 - United States - 678,144 - 5.3% increase

Unfortunately, the rate of increase in new infections has stopped declining and is now going back up slightly in the United States. Hopefully this will only be temporary and the decline will continue.
According to the guidelines from the president, one of the necessary criteria is two weeks of declining new cases or 2 weeks of declining positive tests. Only 20 states, at best currently have declining new cases and an even fewer number have sufficient number tests kits to declare declining positive tests. I expect the states to trash most of the Trump guidelines and set their own course because it will be the governors that are held responsible for the increases spread of the virus in their state not Trump. This is a no lose political move for the president. If cases go up in a state, it's the governors fault. If the economy of the country improves which will happen if a number states open up, Trump will take the credit. It is a far smarter move than Trump's crazy first pronouncement that he had the power to open the country because he would be held responsible for the results.

Last edited:

The vast majority of people prefer the lock down because they understand the SCIENCE of what it takes to defeat a pandemic. Defeating the pandemic is the fastest way to safe public health and rebuilding the economy. For any idiots that try to reopen their non-essential business in a state that lets them, consumers will not be coming out to frequent those business's.

The consumer is the one that will decide when the non-essential economy will be able to open up. Until the consumer feels safe, opening up won't do anything for that non-essential business. They will just incur more cost without any sales to show for it.

Bullshit.

While you are holed up...I've been out.

I've seen how cities under lockdown have full markets, full stores, full parks, and all kinds of neighborhood activities.

Bullshit.

While you are holed up...I've been out.

I've seen how cities under lockdown have full markets, full stores, full parks, and all kinds of neighborhood activities.
Nah, youre a known liar, and almost certainly just made that up.

Corona virus cases:
U.S. 677,570

Corona virus deaths:

No, New York + New Jersey + New England + Michigan have the highest infection rates.

It's like trying to make a statement about a Arizona only using data from Yavapai County.

It's stupid.

It's misleading.

It's bullshit.

Forum List

Back