Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

South Dakota finishes with 11 deaths total (no new deaths reported in the last 48 hours).

TAIWAN, more than 30 times the size of South Dakota and more exposed to China than any other country in the world only has 6 deaths and no deaths in nearly 3 weeks from COVID-19.

Population density TAIWAN: 1,684 people per square mile.

Population density of SOUTH DAKOTA: 12 people per square mile.

Maybe you should move there.

This is a just a bigger black mark against New York and the fuckup Deblazio.

The biggest fuckup is Trump who should have done the same things TAIWAN did on January 20, 2020 the following day in the United States. Instead he waited until the last half of March to do everything TAIWAN did on one day, January 20, 2020. That's why there are now almost 60,000 people dead in the United States and only 6 in TAIWAN. Think about that, for every dead person in TAIWAN from covid-19, there are 10,000 dead Americans.

The United States is 14 times the size of TAIWAN in population, NOT 10,000 times the size.

The things TAIWAN did on January 20, 2020, were things that TRUMP could have done the following day on January 21, 2020. This was a federal issue about preventing the virus from entering the country, just like preventing a foreign army or a foreign terrorist from entering the country. That is TRUMP's job and he has the power and resources to do that, the Mayor of New York City does not.

Should have done....More Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

You guys are really worthless.

We have an election coming in 6 months. The Country must judge whether it should re-elect Donald Trump in November based on what he has done since January 20, 2017. Judging by Trump's response to the worst pandemic in nearly 100 years, and the terrible results for the United States population compared to the rest of the world. Trump could not have done worse.

Deaths up to 1900 today after less than 1500 for two days
Keep in mind that 85% of those deaths were from people over 65 AND with underlying serous-critical pre existing life taking conditions.
So for all those not on the panic boat, about 270 otherwise young and healthy Americans have died from this today. The other 330 million are forced or volunteer to sit on their hands.

1. Its not ok for any American 65 and over to be dying from covid-19. This is America, the wealthiest country on the planet where health and life expectancy should be the best in the world.
2. There were actually 2,463 more deaths on April 28 than on April 27. A major 4.3% increase, the largest daily increase in over a week.
3. TAIWAN only has 6 deaths from COVID-19, and not a single death from COVID-19 in nearly 3 weeks. TAIWAN is more exposed to China than any other country in the world, and John Hopkins University predicted it would have the highest rate of infection and death in the world.
4. Government policy, is why TAIWAN has done the best in the world in taking on COVID-19 and why the United States has nearly done nearly the worst in taking on COVID-19.

Keep blathering your subjective judgements.

You might find someone who cares about what you have to say.

Everything I said is FACT. Not one of those points is subjective when you give it some thought.

Saying something is nearly worst isn't a fact.

It is, FACT, 12 worst infection rate per capita and 12 worst death rate per capita for COVID-19 belongs to the United States. That's NEARLY the worst in the world. This planet has 197 countries on it, and 185 of them have done BETTER than the United States in terms of per capita infections and per capita deaths from Covid-19.

Who gives a fuck about infection rates ?

Any sane rational patriotic person who wants to defend all Americans from a foreign invader and save American lives.

South Dakota finishes with 11 deaths total (no new deaths reported in the last 48 hours).

TAIWAN, more than 30 times the size of South Dakota and more exposed to China than any other country in the world only has 6 deaths and no deaths in nearly 3 weeks from COVID-19.

Population density TAIWAN: 1,684 people per square mile.

Population density of SOUTH DAKOTA: 12 people per square mile.

Maybe you should move there.

This is a just a bigger black mark against New York and the fuckup Deblazio.

The biggest fuckup is Trump who should have done the same things TAIWAN did on January 20, 2020 the following day in the United States. Instead he waited until the last half of March to do everything TAIWAN did on one day, January 20, 2020. That's why there are now almost 60,000 people dead in the United States and only 6 in TAIWAN. Think about that, for every dead person in TAIWAN from covid-19, there are 10,000 dead Americans.

The United States is 14 times the size of TAIWAN in population, NOT 10,000 times the size.

The things TAIWAN did on January 20, 2020, were things that TRUMP could have done the following day on January 21, 2020. This was a federal issue about preventing the virus from entering the country, just like preventing a foreign army or a foreign terrorist from entering the country. That is TRUMP's job and he has the power and resources to do that, the Mayor of New York City does not.

Should have done....More Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

You guys are really worthless.

We have an election coming in 6 months. The Country must judge whether it should re-elect Donald Trump in November based on what he has done since January 20, 2017. Judging by Trump's response to the worst pandemic in nearly 100 years, and the terrible results for the United States population compared to the rest of the world. Trump could not have done worse.

More Monday Morning Quarterbacking......

Trump has done fine.

Especially all he has had to balance.

Worst pandemic in 100 years......nobody I know takes it that seriously.

But fortunately for me, I don't live in New York.

Which seems to be to fucking stupid to figure out how to quit dying.

Deaths up to 1900 today after less than 1500 for two days
Keep in mind that 85% of those deaths were from people over 65 AND with underlying serous-critical pre existing life taking conditions.
So for all those not on the panic boat, about 270 otherwise young and healthy Americans have died from this today. The other 330 million are forced or volunteer to sit on their hands.

1. Its not ok for any American 65 and over to be dying from covid-19. This is America, the wealthiest country on the planet where health and life expectancy should be the best in the world.
2. There were actually 2,463 more deaths on April 28 than on April 27. A major 4.3% increase, the largest daily increase in over a week.
3. TAIWAN only has 6 deaths from COVID-19, and not a single death from COVID-19 in nearly 3 weeks. TAIWAN is more exposed to China than any other country in the world, and John Hopkins University predicted it would have the highest rate of infection and death in the world.
4. Government policy, is why TAIWAN has done the best in the world in taking on COVID-19 and why the United States has nearly done nearly the worst in taking on COVID-19.

Keep blathering your subjective judgements.

You might find someone who cares about what you have to say.

Everything I said is FACT. Not one of those points is subjective when you give it some thought.

Saying something is nearly worst isn't a fact.

It is, FACT, 12 worst infection rate per capita and 12 worst death rate per capita for COVID-19 belongs to the United States. That's NEARLY the worst in the world. This planet has 197 countries on it, and 185 of them have done BETTER than the United States in terms of per capita infections and per capita deaths from Covid-19.

Who gives a fuck about infection rates ?

Any sane rational patriotic person who wants to defend all Americans from a foreign invader and save American lives.

More subjective statements.

That standard does not hold for a lot of things.

Without New York and New Jersey dying like flies, this country would still be better off spending it's time fighting lung cancer.

Infection rate of those tested. These calculations are the number of total positive cases divided by the number of tests, taken over time.

4/3: 39.7%
4/4: 20.2%
4/7: 19.3%
4/10: 19.7%
4/11: 20.0%
4/13: 19.8%
4/14: 20.0%
4/15: 19.8%
4/19: 19.8%
4/20: 19.7%
4/21: 19.6%
4/22: 19.6%
4/23: 18.7%
4/26: 18.1%
4/28: 17.5%

The downward trend continues as more and more tests are done. That's good news.

Tennessee is opening up ...today is the first day traffic on the roads was normal ...many people out and about....business opening up which is a lil encouraging

media.jpeg

White supremacists? :p
NVOmK4xv.jpeg

New woodpile

Enjoy
art-ol-remus-has-a-few-words-for-you3.jpg

Veterans chuckle when reporters use the phrase "heavily armed" to describe protesters carrying shotguns or rifles. Said reporters betray an ignorance born of aversion when they use that phrase. Here's an example from Justin Caruso at Daily Caller:

Several anti-lockdown protesters, who appeared to be wearing colorful patterned shirts, arrived in a military-style truck, carrying heavy arms.
Hint: heavy arms aren't carried. Ergo, "heavy". Heavy arms are artillery, missiles, main battle tanks and the like, literally heavy, crew-served weapons. I was a Navy puke and even I know this.

Justin ol' buddy, a military unit with M4s, .30 caliber machine guns and small mortars is considered "lightly armed" by the Army. I'll take the Army as my authority. Tell us you saw protesters with artillery and armor and I'll withdraw my objection.

So enough with the sensationalist nonsense. Just stop. You sound like a schoolgirl from deepest Manhattan. At best it reveals who your audience is. The protestors were armed in the same sense pheasant and deer hunters are "armed". Let it go.
Continue at link

Infection rate of those tested.

4/3: 39.7%
4/4: 20.2%
4/7: 19.3%
4/10: 19.7%
4/11: 20.0%
4/13: 19.8%
4/14: 20.0%
4/15: 19.8%
4/19: 19.8%
4/20: 19.7%
4/21: 19.6%
4/22: 19.6%
4/23: 18.7%
4/26: 18.1%
4/28: 17.5%
4/29: 17.3%

New York is still bad, but it's getting better. New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania are still bad. Ohio saw a spike in deaths today.

Overall the infection rate is getting lower, but still piling up lots of new positive cases and deaths.

New Jersey and New York ==> 660 deaths

Penn ==> 300 deaths

Mass ==> 250 deaths

Well......others are starting to pick up.

2,350 total

Suck day.

But New York is doing better.

Academic Coronaskeptics in the Czech Republic
Posted on April 29, 2020 by Baron Bodissey

The following document was published at the website of Charles University in Prague. We owe Xanthippa a debt of gratitude for translating it from the original Czech. The translator also recommends an English-language analysis of it by a highly respected physicist and formal presidential advisor.
This is one of the most sensible things I’ve read about the coronavirus. It’s good to see something like this put out by fully credentialed academic experts (as opposed to TV talking head experts). It’s like a formal text version of the video by the two California doctors that went viral before YouTube took it down:
April 21, 2020
Challenge from 11 doctors of Charles University to the public
The Czech Republic has been on lockdown for almost six weeks under restrictive measures introduced in connection with the protection of citizens’ health during the COVID-19 epidemic. The government needs to be commended for the first swift and comprehensive measures, which have undoubtedly helped to manage the risks. At present, in light of current epidemiological data and the development of the epidemic, it is necessary to significantly accelerate the dismantling of these measures — for the sake of the health of citizens, economic and social stability and the prosperity of the country.
The common motivation for the emergence of this challenge is the protection of the health of the citizens of the Czech Republic, which is threatened by long-term restrictions, fears for our future, whether health-related or economic, as well as efforts to dispel the untruths and myths which are being spread about the epidemic. These blanket measures will not lead to the eradication of COVID-19 . Above all, it is necessary to create an immune response in the majority of the population, which will also protect vulnerable groups of the population, as defined by their diagnosis, not by their age.
In order to maintain the health and prosperity of our country, it is essential to:
  • end the state of emergency by 30 April 2020;
  • restore full access to healthcare for all citizens;
  • resume classes at primary, secondary and higher learning institutions during May 2020;
  • remove obstacles to the functioning of the economy, prevent the collapse that threatens significant parts of small and medium-sized enterprises and sole proprietors;
  • gradually loosen state borders in coordination with neighboring countries, and especially with our neighbors and those with a similar epidemiological situation, such as Germany or Austria;
  • adopt well-thought-out solutions instead of chaotic and contradictory measures.
Our conclusion is drawn from current epidemiological data, knowledge, facts, expertise and also from our professional and practical experience and knowledge.

1. IT IS NECESSARY TO RESUME FULL MEDICAL CARE FOR ALL CITIZENS
Since the beginning of March, there has been a service outage in healthcare facilities for seriously ill patients who are not COVID-19 positive. Preventive programs in cardiovascular care and oncology have been stopped. For example, the removal of transplant organs and a number of surgical procedures have been reduced.
Other casualties are caused both by postponing planned interventions and by patients’ fear of going to hospital in time. There are increasing cases of neglected abdominal pain (ruptured appendix and other sudden abdominal events), minor movement or speaking disorders (stroke) or shoulder or back pain (acute myocardial infarction), all due to patients’ fear of infection during treatment or hospitalization.
The reduction in the choice of health insurance — even with the proposed increase in payments for state insured persons — will lead to a deepening of underfunding of the entire health care system, and thus, in its consequences, to worsened care for patients with other, often more serious diseases than COVID-19. Unfortunately, victims of this lack of care will have been caused by anti-epidemic measures against the coronavirus.

2. THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM DID NOT AND SHALL NOT COLLAPSE UNDER THE PRESSURE OF SUPPORTING COVID-19 PATIENTS
From Italy, we know that 80% of the population infected with COVID-19 present with mild symptoms that do not require hospitalization. Of the 20% experiencing more severe symptoms, 5% required intensive care. Here, proponents of a full quarantine of the nation and the closure of the world are basing their calculations on 50% mortality rate and three weeks’ hospitalization in intensive care units [per patient]. These figures only apply to the most severe forms of pneumonia and respiratory distress. However, we find these in only 25%-30% of intensive care patients, while overall, the most common length of stay of a patient with COVID-19 is between 8-10 days. This more than doubles the estimated capacity of the availability of intensive care units. In addition, up until today (April 21, 2020) we have not filled more than 45% of the capacity of intensive care units in the Czech Republic, so we have more than half of them in reserve!
Good stuff well put together read it all @

Elderly Neurotic New Yorker chimes in on city journal

Meeting the Bear
Snapshots from the shadow of Covid-19
Clark Whelton
Spring 2020
Covid-19
The Social Order
New York

The pandemically correct line out of Trader Joe’s—everyone in the masked queue standing six feet apart—stretches down Spring Street from the food-market entrance and turns the corner on Sixth Avenue. I brake to a stop and tell Diane that the store is too crowded. We should just go home.
“We need a few things,” she says, and gets out.

I take my pick of a dozen parking spaces. The weather’s nice, but I do not put the window down, distancing myself from the air of my own hometown. Judging by that line, Diane will need at least an hour to buy essentials, and here I am sheltering in place in the Honda. I glance at my reflection in the rearview mirror. Have I turned into the legendary mafia guy, who, fearful of his friends, sends his wife out to start his car?

This is my first time outside in four days, and I’m surprised to find myself struggling against a crushing sense of bereavement that somehow alternates between anxiety and rage. Nearby, a woman sits on a bench, her mask lowered, her face raised to the antiseptic sun. A well-dressed but unmasked young man walks by and speaks to her, pointing toward the strange spectacle of a traffic-free avenue. Apparently, he’s standing too close, because the woman raises her mask and walks away. The young man wanders back and forth aimlessly, either stoned or in shock, or both. I recognize the look. I just saw it in the mirror.

Deep breaths. Coronavirus is not the Black Death. It’s not the epidemic that took down Marcus Aurelius or the cruel plague that devastated seventeenth-century London. It may turn out to be less dangerous than the Asian flu pandemic of 1957, which killed 116,000 Americans. That remains to be seen. The disease’s core public symptom is panic.

I look toward the food market. The line is beginning to move. I share something with those carefully spaced shoppers, a fantasy from Poe’s classic story “The Masque of the Red Death”—the delusion that, with proper distancing, we can evade the pestilence. Today, however, health-care experts talk only about “slowing” the virus, not about stopping it. If we read between the lines of the televised expertise, we will hear a hard truth: all our piety, wit, N95 masks, Purell, and toilet-paper stockpiles will not necessarily keep us from being exposed to Covid-19.

The well-dressed young man is still wandering around. It’s unsettling to see veteran New Yorkers burdened with fear, but a newfound civility on city streets leaves no doubt that people are scared. During the short drive to the market, several of the world’s most aggressive pedestrians waited politely in mid-crosswalk for me to make a left turn. And, at the next corner, one of Manhattan’s mad bikers waited patiently at an empty intersection for the light to change. It reminds me of the old saying that “there are no atheists in foxholes.”
The car door opens, and Diane gets in with a bag of groceries.

“That took only 25 minutes!”
“The store wasn’t crowded,” she says. “They’re letting only a few customers in at a time, to keep us distanced.”

“But that line—”

“Some guy told me the ‘elderly’ can go directly into the store. He took me by the elbow and walked me to the door. Then he convinced the guard to let me in.”
“What a nice thing to do.”

“Yes,” Diane replies. “Isn’t it strange?”

I start the car. With no traffic to worry about, I go back to brooding. At the risk of breaking the rules for membership in Manhattan, I finally admit to myself how much I love New York. It’s terrible to see this great city knuckling under to a microbe. Soho is a ghost town. The windows of fashionable stores are papered over or boarded up. Even construction sites stand empty, not “essential” enough to win reprieve from the politicians who now command our economy and our lives.

The world of Covid-19 is a dream for authoritarian minds. Words of scripture, the prophet Amos, come to mind: “It will be like a man who flees from a lion, only to meet a bear.”

I turn onto empty Houston Street. Diane says that panic is a mask that covers the eyes. Only when the Covid pandemic subsides will we begin to tally the enormity of the cost to our culture and society.

Meantime, we’re meeting the bear.

Clark Whelton, a New York–based writer, was a speechwriter for New York City mayors Edward Koch and Rudolph Giuliani.

TOTAL NUMBER AND DAILY RATE OF INCREASE IN CORONAVIRUS INFECTIONS BY DATE:

March 24, 2020 - United States - 54,916
March 25, 2020 - United States - 68,489 - 24.7% increase
March 26, 2020 - United States - 85,594 - 24.97% increase
March 27, 2020 - United States - 104,256 - 21.8% increase
March 28, 2020 - United States - 123,776 - 18.7% increase
March 29, 2020 - United States - 142,224 - 14.9% increase
March 30, 2020 - United States - 164,266 - 15.5% increase
March 31, 2020 - United States - 188,578 - 14.8% increase
April 1, 2020 - United States - 215,300 - 14.2% increase
April 2, 2020 - United States - 245,193 - 13.9% increase
April 3, 2020 - United States - 277,475 - 13.2% increase