🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

lol Not even close. The US has over four times the population of Iran. If you want to compare statistics, you need to multiply Iran's number of cases and deaths by four.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. Again, the time factor is different. Iran's had it longer. So have Italy, China, Spain, France, South Korea and so forth. We reported more new cases in the last 24h than any country except Italy, and almost as many there.
You are mistaken. Iran reported its first confirmed case of covid19 on Feb. 20 and the US reported its first confirmed case on Jan 20 so the US has had it longer than Iran. The same is true of Italy. The reason the US is doing so much better than these other countries is that ten days after the first case was identified in the US, President Trump banned travel from China and other countries with high infection rates and to this day neither the EU nor Iran has taken such action.

AGAIN --- we have more new cases today than any country except Italy, and we're almost to their level (5786/5986). About five times as many as Iran. AGAIN, the density of infection has expanded by a factor of TEN in less than two weeks. AGAIN, 18% of Iran's resolved cases have resulted in deaths, while 64% of ours have.
All of your numbers are wrong. the US has 18, 959 confirmed cases and Iran has 19,644 confirmed cases and when you consider Iran has only 1/4 the population of the US, Iran's numbers are massively higher despite the fact that the first case of covid19 appeared in the US a month before the first case appeared in Iran. The mortality rate among confirmed cases in Iran is about 7% while the mortality rate among confirmed cases in the US is about 1.3%.

No dood --- YOUR numbers are wrong, provably so.

Iran:

8178 Cases which had an outcome:
6,745 (82%) Recovered / Discharged .............. 1,433 (18%) Deaths

=======================

US:

410 Cases which had an outcome:
147 (36%) Recovered / Discharged .............. 263 (64%) Deaths

64%, not "1.3%". You're off by a factor of FIFTY.

As we keep saying ..... OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.... that Recovery number is fluid, needs time to establish, i.e. time for recoveries to take place. But right now it's 64% meaning that in 64% of all cases that had an outcome, that outcome was death.

And by the way we have now surpassed Iran for total cases. I'm sure your number was accurate when you posted it but that's how fast it's mounting.

While math is correct, Iran has many more cases with outcome because they were hit much earlier than US, therefore comparison is wrong. If you have taken, lets say first two weeks in Iran and compared it with first two week in US, that would be right comparison, but you didn't because you want to "prove" we're doing it wrong, and everyone else is better. Very common for people with TDS.

Keep Calm And Obey Orders!
Posted on March 20, 2020 by Baron Bodissey

The three videos below are public service announcements broadcast by loudspeaker at various locations in Germany. They concern the new rules imposed on citizens because of the Wuhan Coronavirus.

They remind me of an old joke (for which I can’t remember the exact wording) about getting French people to behave themselves by shouting at them in German.

Many thanks to MissPiggy for the translations, and to Vlad Tepes for the subtitling.

The first clip from Kürnbach is an announcement of a newly-imposed curfew. WARNING: This video opens with VERY loud sirens:

Videos at link
Achtung achtung zis is ze burgermeister
Keep Calm And Obey Orders! | Gates of Vienna

Nys is locked down
I was talking to my sis ...I told her grab my bother in law ...grab mom load up the car you can be here in 13/14 hours .....my brother to hes in brooklyn

My cousin in queens is packin his shit and going to his wife's parents in south Carolina..

Keep your gas tanks topped off dummies

You are mistaken. Iran reported its first confirmed case of covid19 on Feb. 20 and the US reported its first confirmed case on Jan 20 so the US has had it longer than Iran. The same is true of Italy. The reason the US is doing so much better than these other countries is that ten days after the first case was identified in the US, President Trump banned travel from China and other countries with high infection rates and to this day neither the EU nor Iran has taken such action.

AGAIN --- we have more new cases today than any country except Italy, and we're almost to their level (5786/5986). About five times as many as Iran. AGAIN, the density of infection has expanded by a factor of TEN in less than two weeks. AGAIN, 18% of Iran's resolved cases have resulted in deaths, while 64% of ours have.
All of your numbers are wrong. the US has 18, 959 confirmed cases and Iran has 19,644 confirmed cases and when you consider Iran has only 1/4 the population of the US, Iran's numbers are massively higher despite the fact that the first case of covid19 appeared in the US a month before the first case appeared in Iran. The mortality rate among confirmed cases in Iran is about 7% while the mortality rate among confirmed cases in the US is about 1.3%.

Iran:

=======================

US:

As we keep saying ..... OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.... that Recovery number is fluid, needs time to establish, i.e. time for recoveries to take place. But right now it's 64% meaning that in 64% of all cases that had an outcome, that outcome was death.

And by the way we have now surpassed Iran for total cases. I'm sure your number was accurate when you posted it but that's how fast it's mounting.
Very creative of you, but the mortality rate for covid19 is calculated by dividing the number of deaths by the number of confirmed cases.

Actually, no. The mortality rate is defined as the percentage of deaths to the number of infections.

WRONG. It cannot be defined that way because it's apples and oranges. You're trying to tie a known number with an unknown number. Can't do it.

The known, fixed, established number is "deaths". That's pretty much final. The unknown is the number of active infections, because it's impossible to know which of them will survive/recover and which will not. By subtracting the ENTIRE number of infections you're literally declaring 100% of them will survive. Understand?

That's why the stats are already subdivided into two KNOWN groups, "Dead" and "Recovered". Both of those are final resolutions -- either a patient survives, or they do not. The active cases are yet to be determined. They cannot count in either column.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. Again, the time factor is different. Iran's had it longer. So have Italy, China, Spain, France, South Korea and so forth. We reported more new cases in the last 24h than any country except Italy, and almost as many there.

Iran:

=======================

US:

Iran:

=======================

US:

Very creative of you, but the mortality rate for covid19 is calculated by dividing the number of deaths by the number of confirmed cases.

NO IT IS NOT.

If you do that you're counting still-active cases as all "Recoveries", which you have no way to know. That's in the FUTURE.

We have at the moment 19,229 active cases, the resolution of which cannot be known until they resolve. Iran has 11,466.

And it's not "creative" at all --- it's copied right off the site.
lol I have no idea what site you are copying this from, but it is not what anyone else is referring to as the mortality rate for covid19.

It's right here. It's been there the whole time.

You CANNOT calculate a mortality rate using numbers that are UNRESOLVED. A mortality rate is RESOLVED. Between the two countries you've got well over thirty thousand active cases and your flawed math is assuming that 100% of them will survive. THEY WON'T.

Overall -- thus far -- the mortality rate of KNOWN RESOLVED cases, which are the only ones you can count, are running about 11% fatalities.

Cases which had an outcome: 103,371
91,954 (89%) Recovered / Discharged

11,417 (11%) Deaths

You CAN'T count cases which had an outcome, and fraction them against cases which HAVE NOT had an outcome. Because you don't know how many of those to put in which column.

AGAIN --- said this before --- you can click on any country that has a link, US, South Korea, Iran, etc --- and it will take you to the figures, already added up. And that's what I copied.

Last edited:

Iran:

=======================

US:

Iran:

=======================

US:

NO IT IS NOT.

If you do that you're counting still-active cases as all "Recoveries", which you have no way to know. That's in the FUTURE.

We have at the moment 19,229 active cases, the resolution of which cannot be known until they resolve. Iran has 11,466.

And it's not "creative" at all --- it's copied right off the site.
lol I have no idea what site you are copying this from, but it is not what anyone else is referring to as the mortality rate for covid19.

It's right here. It's been there the whole time.

You CANNOT calculate a mortality rate using numbers that are UNRESOLVED. A mortality rate is RESOLVED. Between the two countries you've got well over thirty thousand active cases and your flawed math is assuming that 100% of them will survive. THEY WON'T.

Overall -- thus far -- the mortality rate of KNOWN RESOLVED cases, which are the only ones you can count, are running about 11% fatalities.

Cases which had an outcome: 103,371
91,954 (89%) Recovered / Discharged

11,417 (11%) Deaths

You CAN'T count cases which had an outcome, and fraction them against cases which HAVE NOT had an outcome. Because you don't know how many of those to put in which column.

AGAIN --- said this before --- you can click on any country that has a link, US, South Korea, Iran, etc --- and it will take you to the figures, already added up. And that's what I copied.
Nowhere on that page does you weird calculation appear. Mortality rate means, when other less weird people use the term, what percent of cases will lead to death and that is calculated by dividing the number of deaths by the number of known cases. When WHO said there was a 3.4% mortality rate, this was the calculation they used.

Dont get on the truck dimwits

lockdown .png

Baltimore
ETlcPl-WsAATOtC.jpeg

ETlGV-CXgAEtFet.jpeg

We're catching up to Iran for number of cases.

Closing in on Germany too.
lol Not even close. The US has over four times the population of Iran. If you want to compare statistics, you need to multiply Iran's number of cases and deaths by four.

I said number of cases, not population percentage of cases.
Comparing the number of cases without reference the size of the population is meaningless.

Comparing the number of cases without reference the size of the population is meaningless.

Not really. The amount of cases indicates where the most infected people are.

Whether you agree or not, you're not the authority on what has meaning and what doesn't.

Whether you agree or not, you're not the authority on what has meaning and what doesn't.
Without reference to the size of the population it tells you nothing.

Without reference to the size of the population it tells you nothing.

It tells me where the most infected people are. It's pretty straight-forward actually.

I’m more likely to die in my bathroom from this virus.
And this is why other countries think we are a stupid country. And they are right.
Yeah, of course you don’t think America is the greatest nation on earth.

Anybody anywhere who thinks they're the greatest anything on earth is fucking full of himself.
Thanks for validating the Left hate America.

Just heard this from a friend in Catalonia (part of Spain):

A fast salute from Spain before going to bed.

In Spain all people at home with few restrictions to go out. Just to buy food or take out your dog. Last night I need to walk a little as I’d been all day at home and had to skip to cop cars in the way back home. I felt like a criminal hiding from police… and we are only in the second day of confinement. :(

Hope you americans don’t have to take those measures. Here our health system is not designed for an outbreak like this and we are not able to build hospital at the speed of chinese. We kept our frontiers opened and thousands of Italians walked through our streets with total freedom and happened what had to happen. Matters of being European.

We’ll have to fight boring.

In fact the main problem with the virus, apart of its letality 10 times higher than flu, is its exponential spreading. I like statistics and the numbers of infected follows this pattern. The result is a collapse of hospitals and the fast consumption of basic materials like globes, masks. No country is prepared to cope the pick of infections associated. In fact, here in Spain, in less than 2 weeks we were hearing about the first cases near our city, to hear about someone you know being infected and finally being confined at home. The spread really took us by surprise. Not closing the air traffic with infected countries has being an error.

Look at the graph of number of deaths here in Spain. Of course, we tend to live in more dense areas than USA, except big cities like NY, LA. And we live in high buildings with lots of families, far from your healthy individual houses in America. Dogs are a big value here now, because only people with pets are allowed to go out and walk. Even they caught someone who was renting his dog in internet.

View attachment 313506
So sad coronavirus is hitting Spain now... :(
And the European Union doesn't seem to care at all...
The myth about the "European unity" is (almost) destroyed. All states are fighting the crisis pretty much alone.
I don't know if that's true but I've heard that China and also Cuba and Venezuela are offering their help to some European countries instead of the European Union :shock:

Why we’re not overreacting to the coronavirus, in one chart

Scroll down to the graph which shows the stats for Italy on day 18, and the US at day 18

View attachment 313719

Please ignore this post, and any post by this idiot. The reason is in the graph in this link:

Why we’re not overreacting to the coronavirus, in one chart

Forum List

Back