OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

Well, not even Kavanaugh himself during his testimony dared to suggest Ford was not credible. Not one GOP member suggested she was not credible. The words used were compelling and credible if I'm not mistaken. Credible is another word for believable. Doesn't mean it's true, but simply believable.
Well, not even Kavanaugh himself during his testimony dared to suggest Ford was not credible.
Denying her allegations wasn't stating as much?

I'm curious as to why her and her husband,
are in couples counseling....

You'd be amazed at the lengths,
women will go to, to keep a man
No, at least not according to the GOP. The position the GOP members take is that they believe "something happened" to Ford, just not Kavanaugh, or something like that. It's convoluted as hell, something I noted on Thursday when they were making the argument. Kavanaugh NEVER, not a single time during the hearing even hinted on that she was wasn't assaulted. The only thing he spoke to was that he didn't do it.
I don't know how they came to some sort of conclusion that something happened to this women (could have been made up in her own head), but they with no corelating evidence just bit it all hook line and sinker ?

She can't even get her friend Leland to vouch that the story was true, that it happened or any such important things as that, but she was to be believed ??
This was the GOP's version of how they assessed what happened, just saying. If you listen to her testimony look at her body language there are only 2 possible conclusions. Either she is an actrice worthy of an Oscar, or she is telling the truth. These people recognized that I think.
Don't she have masters in sycology etc ??

Could her degree and experience in her degree allow her to play these cats like a fiddle ?? Hmmmm.

think maybe that's why she talked like an 8 year old?

Ah so you like this political bare knuckle fighting better? At some point someone needs to take responsibility for stopping this cycle of," they do this, so we do that."
100% agree and good point.

but if this were done, to me, validates their behavior and they will do it again.
And it validates what? First both sides have done plenty of shit they shouldn't. If your honest about it, the reason the GOP is in such a hurry is that if they hold the nomination until after the midterms and they lose the senate they are afraid the Dems will play the same dirty politics they played with Garland. Secondly you still haven't established to me that objecting to someone who is credibly accused of sexual assault is unfair to begin with.
i dont view the accusation as credible.
See this is were you lose me. I can understand the assertion that her account is unsubstantiated, but incredible? What makes her account unbelievable?

no evidence or corroborating testimony, even from the people that she claims witnessed it.
She only asserts that 1 person witnessed it, the other people were just at the party. The person who witnessed it was part of it. Pretty strong motivation to both lie about it and not wanting anything to do with this thing IMO.

Over the last year or so, we have seen allegations against men on both sides of the isle, and across every industry. In all instances the men did a litany of denial's, including Trump, and in all cases the women ended up being the truth tellers, and the men were found to be lying.

This insured that Brett Kavanaugh would be swimming upstream against a river of suspicion. Dr. Ford's testimony was infallable, and Brett Kavanaugh continued to deny.

Republicans are in a corner on this issue. The Republican party already has a serious issue with women voters. 7 in 10 women view Trump unfavorably, and the party itself doesn't hold up much better. Why Republicans didn't choose a woman SCOTUS nominee to get themselves out of the mud with women, exemplifies an astounding lack of foresight.. But this party has a long history of misogyny, and old habits & ideology--lead by old white men- are difficult to correct.
Seven in 10 Women Have Unfavorable Opinion of Trump

This is the second annual women's march in Washington D.C, January 20, 2018.

More Than 4,000 Women Say They Want to Run for Office Since Trump's Election

It's unfortunate that it took 2 women cornering Jeff Flake in an elevator today, to get him to change his mind and demand an FBI investigation into these allegations prior to confirming. This is what Dr. Ford wanted all along (prior to testifying.) Which leads one to think that she believes there is something that the FBI is going to find on Brett Kavanaugh.
Christine Blasey Ford Wants F.B.I. to Investigate Kavanaugh Before She Testifies

Surprisingly even a FOX NEWS poll suggests support of Kavanuagh is down, especially among women.
Fox News Poll: Record number of voters oppose Kavanaugh nomination

If Republicans had just confirmed Kavanaugh without an investigation, that would have been, most certainly, the final nail in their coffin with women in this country.

Women are the largest voting block in this country today. They are the power house in the voting booth.

A sleeping giant has awoken!

170121211838-28-womens-march-dc-exlarge-169.jpg

1st Womans March, Washington D.C. January 20, 2017--the day after Trump was inaugurated. Click thsi link and scroll through the many pages of pictures (start on page 20) & you will probably find your home state here.
Woman's march pictures

yes, you have sacrificed due process on the alter of abortion that was never even threatened.

As a woman, thank you for lending legitimate credence to the argument that women are too emotional to be allowed to vote...

The U.S Supreme court made a decision on Roe v Wader 45 years ago. It was a right leaning court that gave us Roe v Wade and it's been considered a right leaning court ever since.

I know that Republican GOP candidates like to play paddy feet with abortion activists. In fact one of Trump's and others campaign promises in 2016 was to appoint U.S. Supreme court justices so you could rid the constituion of Roe v Wade once and for all.

What you don't know, is that both Niel Gorsuch and Brett Kavanuagh have already run the Democrat gaunlet under G.W.Bush. In 2006 Democrats were the majority in the Senate, and while they denied a lot of G.W;s nominee's they confirmed both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to Federal District appeals courts.

What you don't know, is that during confirmation hearings, Niel Gorsuch is the first nominee in my memory that stated Roe v Wade is precedent in the Constitution, meaning set in stone to you.
Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

In fact here are the Democrats that voted to confirm both Niel Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh in 2006.

2017_02-02-schumer-gorsuch-hypocrite.jpg

The only reason Democrats tried to block Gorsuch, is simply because they were angry that Republicans didn't give Obama's last nominee (Merrick Garland) an up or down vote.

You're campaigning on abortion actually was the reason that Mitt Romney lost in 2012.
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump
Gender Gap in 2012 Vote Is Largest in Gallup's History

The U.S. Supreme court has decided that you have no right to interfere into the personal, very private decisions that women and their families make. Roe v Wade is a U.S. Supreme court decision that is here to stay, and it never belonged on a political platform. By continually campaigning and talking about it, you are insulting the intelligence & integrity of the largest voting block in this country--WOMEN.

There is also zero fucking evidence that Kavanaugh had /any/ inclination to overturn it. In fact, he pretty much stated that it was precedence /repeatedly/.

But you folks don't care, frankly, because you're too stupid and uninformed to even know what you're protesting about.

That's what I just told you. But throughout the 2016 campaign Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Bobby Jindhal, Rand Paul, Rick Perry, & Scott Walker were all beating the abortion drum and campaigning on who they were going to appoint as SCOTUS nominees. You were roped a doped.

Trump even stated there should be some kind of punishment for women who have abortions.
In Context: Transcript of Donald Trump on punishing women for abortion

trumppunisher.jpg

So don't come on here and act dumfounded as to why women have a foul opinon of the Republican party. For those of you that are confused trying reading, and redirect to these 2 posts on this thread by clicking these links.
Are you saying women are stupid?

but if this were done, to me, validates their behavior and they will do it again.
And it validates what? First both sides have done plenty of shit they shouldn't. If your honest about it, the reason the GOP is in such a hurry is that if they hold the nomination until after the midterms and they lose the senate they are afraid the Dems will play the same dirty politics they played with Garland. Secondly you still haven't established to me that objecting to someone who is credibly accused of sexual assault is unfair to begin with.
See this is were you lose me. I can understand the assertion that her account is unsubstantiated, but incredible? What makes her account unbelievable?

no evidence or corroborating testimony, even from the people that she claims witnessed it.
She only asserts that 1 person witnessed it, the other people were just at the party. The person who witnessed it was part of it. Pretty strong motivation to both lie about it and not wanting anything to do with this thing IMO.

she claims that her best friend was there, the friend says she was not, never knew Kavanaugh, and never attended such a gathering. Ford also doesn't know where the party was, how she got there, or how she got home. but she is "100%" sure it was Kavanaugh????????????

Over the last year or so, we have seen allegations against men on both sides of the isle, and across every industry. In all instances the men did a litany of denial's, including Trump, and in all cases the women ended up being the truth tellers, and the men were found to be lying.

This insured that Brett Kavanaugh would be swimming upstream against a river of suspicion. Dr. Ford's testimony was infallable, and Brett Kavanaugh continued to deny.

Republicans are in a corner on this issue. The Republican party already has a serious issue with women voters. 7 in 10 women view Trump unfavorably, and the party itself doesn't hold up much better. Why Republicans didn't choose a woman SCOTUS nominee to get themselves out of the mud with women, exemplifies an astounding lack of foresight.. But this party has a long history of misogyny, and old habits & ideology--lead by old white men- are difficult to correct.
Seven in 10 Women Have Unfavorable Opinion of Trump

This is the second annual women's march in Washington D.C, January 20, 2018.

More Than 4,000 Women Say They Want to Run for Office Since Trump's Election

It's unfortunate that it took 2 women cornering Jeff Flake in an elevator today, to get him to change his mind and demand an FBI investigation into these allegations prior to confirming. This is what Dr. Ford wanted all along (prior to testifying.) Which leads one to think that she believes there is something that the FBI is going to find on Brett Kavanaugh.
Christine Blasey Ford Wants F.B.I. to Investigate Kavanaugh Before She Testifies

Surprisingly even a FOX NEWS poll suggests support of Kavanuagh is down, especially among women.
Fox News Poll: Record number of voters oppose Kavanaugh nomination

If Republicans had just confirmed Kavanaugh without an investigation, that would have been, most certainly, the final nail in their coffin with women in this country.

Women are the largest voting block in this country today. They are the power house in the voting booth.

A sleeping giant has awoken!

170121211838-28-womens-march-dc-exlarge-169.jpg

1st Womans March, Washington D.C. January 20, 2017--the day after Trump was inaugurated. Click thsi link and scroll through the many pages of pictures (start on page 20) & you will probably find your home state here.
Woman's march pictures

yes, you have sacrificed due process on the alter of abortion that was never even threatened.

As a woman, thank you for lending legitimate credence to the argument that women are too emotional to be allowed to vote...

The U.S Supreme court made a decision on Roe v Wader 45 years ago. It was a right leaning court that gave us Roe v Wade and it's been considered a right leaning court ever since.

I know that Republican GOP candidates like to play paddy feet with abortion activists. In fact one of Trump's and others campaign promises in 2016 was to appoint U.S. Supreme court justices so you could rid the constituion of Roe v Wade once and for all.

What you don't know, is that both Niel Gorsuch and Brett Kavanuagh have already run the Democrat gaunlet under G.W.Bush. In 2006 Democrats were the majority in the Senate, and while they denied a lot of G.W;s nominee's they confirmed both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to Federal District appeals courts.

What you don't know, is that during confirmation hearings, Niel Gorsuch is the first nominee in my memory that stated Roe v Wade is precedent in the Constitution, meaning set in stone to you.
Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

In fact here are the Democrats that voted to confirm both Niel Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh in 2006.

2017_02-02-schumer-gorsuch-hypocrite.jpg

The only reason Democrats tried to block Gorsuch, is simply because they were angry that Republicans didn't give Obama's last nominee (Merrick Garland) an up or down vote.

You're campaigning on abortion actually was the reason that Mitt Romney lost in 2012.
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump
Gender Gap in 2012 Vote Is Largest in Gallup's History

The U.S. Supreme court has decided that you have no right to interfere into the personal, very private decisions that women and their families make. Roe v Wade is a U.S. Supreme court decision that is here to stay, and it never belonged on a political platform. By continually campaigning and talking about it, you are insulting the intelligence & integrity of the largest voting block in this country--WOMEN.

There is also zero fucking evidence that Kavanaugh had /any/ inclination to overturn it. In fact, he pretty much stated that it was precedence /repeatedly/.

But you folks don't care, frankly, because you're too stupid and uninformed to even know what you're protesting about.

That's what I just told you. But throughout the 2016 campaign Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, Bobby Jindhal, Rand Paul, Rick Perry, & Scott Walker were all beating the abortion drum and campaigning on who they were going to appoint as SCOTUS nominees. You were roped a doped.

Trump even stated there should be some kind of punishment for women who have abortions.
In Context: Transcript of Donald Trump on punishing women for abortion

trumppunisher.jpg

So don't come on here and act dumfounded as to why women have a foul opinon of the Republican party. For those of you that are confused trying reading, and redirect to these 2 posts on this thread by clicking these links.
Are you saying women are stupid?

the poster that you responded to just confirmed that the entire Kavanaugh fiasco is about abortion. I do not understand why abortion at will is the most important issue on the democrat platform. Why is killing unborn humans the top issue with dems and libs? can anyone tell me?

Why now?

And not during the last 30 years?

That is the question.
Because in sexual assault cases it often works like that. Look at it from the victims side. Someone assaults you when you are 15. You don't report him, like so many people don't. 30 Years later you see the president putting this guy on the shortlist for the Supreme Court as being particularly high qualified. I can imaging a now middle aged women being wronged in such a way being sufficiently angered by that development to speak up.
15 years ago he was...
assistant to the President (Bush)
White House Staff Secretary
and, nominated for the United States Court of Appeals.

His nomination was stalled in the Senate,
for nearly 3 fucking years

HE WAS THE PRINCIPAL AUTHOR OF THE STARR REPORT

HE WAS A KEY PLAYER DURING IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS
AGAINST BILL CLINTON FOR HIS SEXUAL LIAISONS
WITH A WHITE HOUSE INTERN AND LYING ABOUT IT...

IF THERE WERE EVER A TIME TO SPEAK UP.....
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THEN!

Please remove head from ass...please and thank you!
Lol please give me the name of 3 prosecutors in the Mueller probe, without looking it up on google? I can't. Name 4 people on the United States court of appeals without looking it up? Give me the name of the Deputy assistant press secretary in the Trump administration? Now give me the name of the people on the Supreme court? In terms of exposure and job importance the Supreme Court blows these other positions out of the water . Not only that but discounting that rage can and does usually builds up and it's hard to predict what is the straw that breaks the camels back for anyone seems a bit weird.
Did any of them sexually assault you? This woman stated her life has been in shambles because of her supposed incident. You don’t think she’d follow his career? Or are you more admitting, he didn’t do anything as he said?

im not about to reward their behavior.
Ah so you like this political bare knuckle fighting better? At some point someone needs to take responsibility for stopping this cycle of," they do this, so we do that."

past history of dnc
way too vague on necessary details
never going to police, even now
demanding fbi internevtion when that isnt their role, stall tactic not search for truth/justice
afraid to fly, has history of flying fine
pics of NOT MY PRESIDENT and the whole pussy hat shit
her lawyer is known resist

and if that wasnt enough, now 2 new guys say they were the ones who did it.

other than that its rock solid accusations.

missed that one.

all named witnesses say they dont know of any party and/or dont know ford.

name 1 person there who said she was there.

then, it was 4 guys. no, 2. wait, some other girls were there.

No, at least not according to the GOP. The position the GOP members take is that they believe "something happened" to Ford, just not Kavanaugh, or something like that. It's convoluted as hell, something I noted on Thursday when they were making the argument. Kavanaugh NEVER, not a single time during the hearing even hinted on that she was wasn't assaulted. The only thing he spoke to was that he didn't do it.
I don't know how they came to some sort of conclusion that something happened to this women (could have been made up in her own head), but they with no corelating evidence just bit it all hook line and sinker ?

She can't even get her friend Leland to vouch that the story was true, that it happened or any such important things as that, but she was to be believed ??
This was the GOP's version of how they assessed what happened, just saying. If you listen to her testimony look at her body language there are only 2 possible conclusions. Either she is an actrice worthy of an Oscar, or she is telling the truth. These people recognized that I think.
Don't she have masters in sycology etc ??

Could her degree and experience in her degree allow her to play these cats like a fiddle ?? Hmmmm.

think maybe that's why she talked like an 8 year old?
Exactly.

when have the liberals followed their own rules when the repubs did it "in return"?

the biden rule. lame duck cant nominate. when done to obama "this is different". right did bullshit in return following a left rule.

nuclear option.

and now all this.
-First the Biden Rule. Biden made a speech 3 months later in the election year then when Scalia's seat was opened. There was NO opening at the time. It wasn't a self serving speech. It was in fact a reaction to the Clarence Thomas nomination. It's simply an excuse that Mcconell used to justify holding the seat. In Context: The 'Biden Rule' on Supreme Court nominations in an election year. In fact you will not find a SINGLE instance were Democrats held up a SCOTUS nomination for even half as long as the GOP did.
-The nuclear option was the other example. I actually think it was a bad precedent. On the other hand the GOP made it clear in no uncertain terms that if Obama wanted judges in the courts he would have to do it over their dead bodies.
- This thing is an entirely different beast. Again Democrats did NOT make the accusation. Someone else did. Wether or not you believe her is one matter. But asserting that it is unfair seems again self serving.
- You know, I have been thinking about this and I have actually a pretty good idea.Pull Kavanaugh, Trump nominates Garland. Democrats if they win restore the filibuster for all judicial nominees and the balance will be restored.

Really, in this scenario both sides would give up something. Republicans would not appoint a right wing judge but a centrist and Democrats would give the Republicans the ability to block what they consider left wing judges. The make up of the court would be again what it was, meaning evenly split, with Garland replacing Kennedy.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

name 1 person there who said she was there.

then, it was 4 guys. no, 2. wait, some other girls were there.
At least 4 guys could have been more. After calendar came out!

Again, senior boys her a sophomore. Nope

Has anyone read about the mistaken identity theory and seen a map that it was miles from the country club and her house.

How does the word "credibly" get into this ?
Well, not even Kavanaugh himself during his testimony dared to suggest Ford was not credible. Not one GOP member suggested she was not credible. The words used were compelling and credible if I'm not mistaken. Credible is another word for believable. Doesn't mean it's true, but simply believable.
Well, not even Kavanaugh himself during his testimony dared to suggest Ford was not credible.

She was silly and acted stupid! You didn’t watch or listen!

-First the Biden Rule. Biden made a speech 3 months later in the election year then when Scalia's seat was opened. There was NO opening at the time. It wasn't a self serving speech. It was in fact a reaction to the Clarence Thomas nomination. It's simply an excuse that Mcconell used to justify holding the seat. In Context: The 'Biden Rule' on Supreme Court nominations in an election year. In fact you will not find a SINGLE instance were Democrats held up a SCOTUS nomination for even half as long as the GOP did.
-The nuclear option was the other example. I actually think it was a bad precedent. On the other hand the GOP made it clear in no uncertain terms that if Obama wanted judges in the courts he would have to do it over their dead bodies.
- This thing is an entirely different beast. Again Democrats did NOT make the accusation. Someone else did. Wether or not you believe her is one matter. But asserting that it is unfair seems again self serving.
- You know, I have been thinking about this and I have actually a pretty good idea.Pull Kavanaugh, Trump nominates Garland. Democrats if they win restore the filibuster for all judicial nominees and the balance will be restored.

I found the entire thing silly. Yes she gave approval to release her name. I cannot believe advocates for women would have violated her wishes. She is complicit

Kavanaughty 100% a choir boy ? And 3 accusers 100% sluts or Dem operatives in a conspiracy ? Yeah right ;)

If he makes it to the Supreme Court he’s in for a real nasty ride that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. That rushed nomination is gonna raise one helluva stink.

Well Comrade Nazi, now we know Dr. Ford was paid to play her part.

[The fundraising effort that's raised the most money brought in over $320,000 from over 6,400 people as of mid-day Thursday, blowing past its original goal of $150,000. The campaign for her "immediate security and personal expenses" is "sponsored by her neighbors and colleagues," and named the Ford family as the sole beneficiary.]

GoFundMe campaigns have raised more than $500,000 to cover Blasey Ford's costs

Half a million for a single hit is more than most Mafia assassins get.

Accept for one huge detail, her bestest friend said it didn’t happen! That my friend corroborates kavanaugh and judge

Forum List

Back