[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

AJ is excited about the new idea.

Is he coming over from the dark side?

Well..

It would be a HUGE gift to Wall street.

:cues evil empire music:

I don't want you boyz to get all wee weed up now, I was just saying that it sounded like that plan Bush tried and the left-wing shot down...:eusa_angel:

Carry on...:whip:

You are a little late to the party as I already made that point.

It was "shot down" because it was an attempt to gut SSI.

Who puts squarely on display, you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

The EO is for Federal Workers.

step one my friend. take off your blinders. I wonder what he will cut to pay for it? or what he will borrow

The Government Contractors could just pay their CEO's less.

What a concept.

CEO's and VP's are overpaid???
since Obama was elected the gap between the rich and the poor has grown faster than at any previous point in history. good luck with that one. my point, obamas words never match the actions or reality

Who puts squarely on display, you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

The EO is for Federal Workers.

step one my friend. take off your blinders. I wonder what he will cut to pay for it? or what he will borrow

The Government Contractors could just pay their CEO's less.

What a concept.

CEO's and VP's are overpaid???

Maybe limit government ceo pay by 100 times the lowest paid employee...

So 20k x 100= 2,000,000 per year for the highest paid government attached contractors being the head ceo's.

Well..

I don't want you boyz to get all wee weed up now, I was just saying that it sounded like that plan Bush tried and the left-wing shot down...:eusa_angel:

the only way to get a good republican plan implemented is elect a democrat and let him rename It as his own.

Well..

It was an option, if I recall, you could choose. But you're probably right the left fig people would like it better so they shot it down...:eusa_shhh:

Well..

the only way to get a good republican plan implemented is elect a democrat and let him rename It as his own.

Separated from SSI makes it a better plan.

And offering to employees where the company doesn't have such plans makes it even better.

This MYIRA plan of Obama's. Is is going to be another ACA? Is it code for ObamaTakesYourIRA?I don't trust any new initiatives by this wanker.

It was an option, if I recall, you could choose. But you're probably right the left fig people would like it better so they shot it down...:eusa_shhh:

Dude.

I explained why it was shot down.

If you want to go further, the type of plan being offered was a 401K..which is pretty risky.

SSI is guaranteed. Additionally, sounds like the RAs would be less risky than the 401Ks.

What's The Deal With Obama's New MyRA Plan?

By Matthew Yglesias
1/28/14

One of the most intriguing ideas in the State of the Union was Obama's promise to use executive action to create a new middle class savings vehicle that he calls a "myRA" (a pun, get it). The speech didn't really make it clear what this looks like exactly, and I have to say the White House's policy briefing sheet didn't either:

Creating “myRA” – A Safe, Easy-to-Use Starter Savings Account to Help Millions of Middle Class Americans Save for Retirement.

The administration says full details will be coming tomorrow. The language about the the myRA being offered "through a familiar Roth IRA Account" suggests to me that they're not so much proposing a new type of account as a new type of bond. But I suppose only time will tell.

MyRA plan: What's the deal?

If the Government set up a plan for people to deduct wages from their paycheck and pay into it that would be great. The Government does not hold it nor ever touches it.

When you die it all goes to family 100% tax free. The same Idea could be used for UE, but when you use it all up it's gone.

But I doubt that is the plan and in fact the idea of doing something like this on top of SS admits SS is a fraud and failing.

That's exactly how SS started out, it was separate from the general funds. It got so large, that it was too tempting of a target that it was included into the general fund and now become insolvent.

If the Government set up a plan for people to deduct wages from their paycheck and pay into it that would be great. The Government does not hold it nor ever touches it.

When you die it all goes to family 100% tax free. The same Idea could be used for UE, but when you use it all up it's gone.

But I doubt that is the plan and in fact the idea of doing something like this on top of SS admits SS is a fraud and failing.

That's exactly how SS started out, it was separate from the general funds. It got so large, that it was too tempting of a target that it was included into the general fund and now become insolvent.

Since when?

Dude.

If you want to go further, the type of plan being offered was a 401K..which is pretty risky.

SSI is guaranteed. Additionally, sounds like the RAs would be less risky than the 401Ks.
SSI is so guaranteed the fail to increase it anywhere near the COL and keep extending the age you can take it at without sever penalties. and why all the democratic talk that SS is going broke? are they just lying to try and discredit the republicans?

Dude.

SSI is so guaranteed the fail to increase it anywhere near the COL and keep extending the age you can take it at without sever penalties. and why all the democratic talk that SS is going broke? are they just lying to try and discredit the republicans?

So.

Give me a date on the failure.

Go.

Dude.

So.

Give me a date on the failure.

Go.

ask moveon.org. I got an email from them today they are making refunding SS one of their top 7 priorities this year. now if i'll only send them a donation to help them with their progressive work. I sent a check to the NRA instead.

Forum List

Back