🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Official: U.S. B-52s flew over China's controversial new air defense zone

I accept that this is a step in the right direction.

China is now answering the fly over...........Will we respond in kind..........

Answering in what way? Are they flying in the same airspace? If so, were they ever denied the right to fly there? If they were not, then they have proved nothing, the situation remains as it was.

Wouldn't the left call that saber rattling and war mongering if it happened under a Republican President?

Wouldn't you be applauding this under a republican President?

Depends on the reason for doing it if your going to do that and risk the possibility of the planes getting shot down and the crew killed or captured I would hope you have a really good reason for it.

Wouldn't the left call that saber rattling and war mongering if it happened under a Republican President?

Yes they would...................

Problem is I served during the Cold War, which is exactly what Saber rattling is about, which would tick them off.......................

We should not respect China's claim, and go in the region to make them understand this..

Hell we did this type of shit for decades. I still remember playing tag with the Russian Navy.

:thup:

My orders with the Air Force were to do this (Navy) job where our aviators were taken hostage by the Chinese.

Chinese Jets Intercept U.S. Navy Plane - ABC News

I accept that this is a step in the right direction.

China is now answering the fly over...........Will we respond in kind..........

Answering in what way? Are they flying in the same airspace? If so, were they ever denied the right to fly there? If they were not, then they have proved nothing, the situation remains as it was.

Yawn.

They are sending a Carrier, the only one they have to the region. Which is why I stated we should do the same.

Problem is I served during the Cold War, which is exactly what Saber rattling is about, which would tick them off.......................

We should not respect China's claim, and go in the region to make them understand this..

Hell we did this type of shit for decades. I still remember playing tag with the Russian Navy.

My orders with the Air Force were to do this (Navy) job where our aviators were taken hostage by the Chinese.

I remember that as well...........Which is why I believe in full implementation of power projection to the area..............A Carrier battlegroup.

Hell not to long ago we had to put the jump on a pair of Russian Bear Bombers who infiltrated Guam's airspace. It was the first time they've made it that far south in that region in a real long time.

Last edited:

Hell not to long ago we had to put the jump on a pair of Russian Bear Bombers who infiltrated Guam's airspace. It was the first time they've made it that far south in that region in a real long time.

In my time off Vlad...........for the last team spirit in Korea we were on Plane guard just off their waters................

I watched as a Bear went right over our ship rev..........ing up the engines to try and shake the ship, this right after two migs buzzed by us at dang near eye level................

Just another time and place with War Games between us.................

China is flexing.............Time to flex back.

I remember that as well...........Which is why I believe in full implementation of power projection to the area..............A Carrier battlegroup.

If China were threatening to take occupied land and not just deserted islands, that would make sense. Just like when we change our lives after we are attacked, the terrorists win. If we deploy major forces willy-nilly, China wins big time. They won't even blink an eye, no matter how many carrier groups we send offshore their country. I still don't think it is a bad idea, but my feeling is it would be great inspiration and entertainment for America and not much more. If there really will be a military engagement with China, it is just as likely to happen with a show or force or not. We got to where we are, which was a quantum leap, without any hostilities from our side, so why escalate beyond token missions through the disputed air space?

I believe in Power Projection.........Peace through Strength..........

I've been there during times like these, and showing strength in the area is just part of that strategy...............I do not see an engagement as a result, but see it as backing Japan in the dispute..............

In the end, I believe no real conflict will be seen and it will be just both sides sending a message of their intent..............

If the Fleet out of Yokosuka, Japan is not at sea just consider it a training excercise...........

I've been there during times like these, and showing strength in the area is just part of that strategy...............I do not see an engagement as a result, but see it as backing Japan in the dispute..............

In the end, I believe no real conflict will be seen and it will be just both sides sending a message of their intent..............

If the Fleet out of Yokosuka, Japan is not at sea just consider it a training excercise...........

If we keep the current norm in Asia, this would be a great opportunity for Japan to flex its muscles. They can't forever shy away from military adventure because of their naked aggression in WWII.

If we keep the current norm in Asia, this would be a great opportunity for Japan to flex its muscles. They can't forever shy away from military adventure because of their naked aggression in WWII.

Do not underestimate their resolve..........I was stationed in Japan back in the day..........

They will push back when forced to do so, and they are by no means a push over for China...........

I believe they will respond should China do the same as a show of strength........China is just flexing it's new military muscles looking for weakness.

And in the article, China's only aircraft carrier is deploying to the region............Not that I really care.......................

If we want to show support for this space then a carrier battlegroup should deploy jointly with Japanese ships to this region................Power projection..............That is simply how it is done.................

Call their bluff, and steam into the area.

Ya know?

There's the type of power projection that shows blunt and brute force while instigating a fight...like what you are talking about..

And there's the type of power projection that sets the right tone..like flying planes that are just loaded with nukes into your airspace.

Obama quietly said, we are not going to fight a conventional war with you guys.

:eusa_shhh:

I think there was a poster here that was questioning whether President Obama had the stones to stand up to the Chinese.

(CNN) -- Two U.S. military aircraft flew into China's newly claimed and challenged air defense zone over the East China Sea, a U.S. official said, an action that could inflame tensions between the world powers.

The U.S. Air Force B-52 planes -- which were not armed because they were on a training mission -- set off Monday from Guam and returned there without incident. The mission lasted for several hours, and the aircraft were in China's newly declared air zone for about an hour, according to the U.S. official.
U.S. B-52s flew over China's newly declared air zone, official says - CNN.com

Any more questions?

:lol:

Thanks Shallow...your OP is the first Obabble heard about it,,,he is really angry,

And in the article, China's only aircraft carrier is deploying to the region............Not that I really care.......................

If we want to show support for this space then a carrier battlegroup should deploy jointly with Japanese ships to this region................Power projection..............That is simply how it is done.................

Ya know?

There's the type of power projection that shows blunt and brute force while instigating a fight...like what you are talking about..

And there's the type of power projection that sets the right tone..like flying planes that are just loaded with nukes into your airspace.

Yawn............

According to the news they were not armed............Who knows the real deal...........It was simply a show of support for Japan in the dispute........................

And the MAD principle still applies...............

Ya know?

That's what he said to Iran also, right?

Ya know?

That's what he said to Iran also, right?

Totally different animal.

But of course you folks think the world is one big blob.

We better have Japans back at all costs. They're too important for our eastern policy.

We have a base in Okinawa..

Of course we have their "backs".

And fronts.

And sides.

:cool:

The republicans would stab japan in the back to get at Obama. :( This is why I want nothing to do with that party anymore. That and they're anti-science.

I suspect you want nothing to do with that party because conservative posters on this board keep calling you on your looney bullshit. You have VERY FEW conservative positions so good riddance.

Forum List

Back