Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Jan 10th, 2019

9A66361C-EE86-4503-B719-46A7B6B3E035.jpeg
Trump would claim he invented water. Then his Chumps would spend the next two years "proving" he did.

"The more I repeat it, the truer it becomes!"

'Hundreds of furloughed federal employees chanting “we want to work” gathered for a union-led march to the White House on Thursday, the 20th day of a partial government shutdown over U.S. President Donald Trump’s demand for border wall funding.'

“Hey, hey, ho, ho, shutdown’s got to go” protesters shouted as they assembled in the bitter cold outside of the AFL-CIO union headquarters, hoisting signs reading “Trump: End the Shutdown,” “Reopen Govt” and “Let Me Do My Job.”

Some 800,000 federal government employees have been ordered to stay home or work without pay during the shutdown brought on by a standoff between Trump and Democrats in Congress over Trump’s demand for $5.7 billion to build a wall on the southern U.S. border.

Trump, in a 2016 presidential campaign promise, repeatedly vowed that Mexico would pay for the wall. But he has said he will not sign any bill to reopen the government that does not provide wall funding.

Protesters, many wearing neon green vests reading, “I am a worker. I demand a voice,” on Thursday demanded the government be reopened, separate from any debate over wall funding.

“We want our pay! We want our pay! We want our pay!” shouted government employees and contractors bundled against the cold in knitted hats and scarves as they gathered for the march.

In its third week, the shutdown of about a quarter of the federal government is the second longest since the mid-1970s. Trump has said it could continue for months or even years.'

'We want our pay!' furloughed U.S. workers shout at White House | Reuters

Interesting.

There are 670,000 in the union, all they could muster is a few hundred, really? I guess it's good they're keeping themselves busy, idle hands are the devils workshop.

Not all federal workers live in Washington, pinhead.

Feel free to point where I said they did.

American workers are a subjugated population. Most are quietly subdued into their cucked status relative to capital.

The issue of funding the wall has far deeper implications than just border security. True, President Trump cares about the safety and security of the American people, and the sovereignty of our borders. Building the wall has become a necessity at this point. But look at his end game: Trump's refusal to give in to the Democrat's demands is going to have a far greater effect if he stands fast and doesn't waver.

The Democrats are fighting for the very credibility of their own party at this point. Their party has become fractured along economic and political lines. Should President Trump not back down, it will ultimately be the last and final nail in the coffin of the Democrat Party.

The truth is, the Democrats have far more to lose in this game, than does the President. Even if the wall doesn't get built, it's not going to cost the President much in the way of votes in 2020, and the American people are becoming well aware of his accomplishments. He would undoubtedly win a second term, with the wall once again being a selling point.

In other words, the Democrats are playing a zero-sum game right now, and they're doing everything they can to retain some measure of plausibility, but they're failing at it bigly.

Got a link for that stunning retort?
:21::21::21:
When the poster who asserted the point in the first place shows one, I'll bother.
They get back pay which I provided a link.
Some will protest on their time off.

Yeah. That is Bullshit.
Actually all you posted was a link of Don running his mouth again. Like when he said Mexico was paying for his wall. Don saying something means nothing. Never has.

The issue of funding the wall has far deeper implications than just border security. True, President Trump cares about the safety and security of the American people, and the sovereignty of our borders. Building the wall has become a necessity at this point. But look at his end game: Trump's refusal to give in to the Democrat's demands is going to have a far greater effect if he stands fast and doesn't waver.

The Democrats are fighting for the very credibility of their own party at this point. Their party has become fractured along economic and political lines. Should President Trump not back down, it will ultimately be the last and final nail in the coffin of the Democrat Party.

The truth is, the Democrats have far more to lose in this game, than does the President. Even if the wall doesn't get built, it's not going to cost the President much in the way of votes in 2020, and the American people are becoming well aware of his accomplishments. He would undoubtedly win a second term, with the wall once again being a selling point.

In other words, the Democrats are playing a zero-sum game right now, and they're doing everything they can to retain some measure of plausibility, but they're failing at it bigly.

Yes, Don will lead america back to credibility.

'Hundreds of furloughed federal employees chanting “we want to work” gathered for a union-led march to the White House on Thursday, the 20th day of a partial government shutdown over U.S. President Donald Trump’s demand for border wall funding.'

“Hey, hey, ho, ho, shutdown’s got to go” protesters shouted as they assembled in the bitter cold outside of the AFL-CIO union headquarters, hoisting signs reading “Trump: End the Shutdown,” “Reopen Govt” and “Let Me Do My Job.”

Some 800,000 federal government employees have been ordered to stay home or work without pay during the shutdown brought on by a standoff between Trump and Democrats in Congress over Trump’s demand for $5.7 billion to build a wall on the southern U.S. border.

Trump, in a 2016 presidential campaign promise, repeatedly vowed that Mexico would pay for the wall. But he has said he will not sign any bill to reopen the government that does not provide wall funding.

Protesters, many wearing neon green vests reading, “I am a worker. I demand a voice,” on Thursday demanded the government be reopened, separate from any debate over wall funding.

“We want our pay! We want our pay! We want our pay!” shouted government employees and contractors bundled against the cold in knitted hats and scarves as they gathered for the march.

In its third week, the shutdown of about a quarter of the federal government is the second longest since the mid-1970s. Trump has said it could continue for months or even years.'

Interesting.

There are 670,000 in the union, all they could muster is a few hundred, really? I guess it's good they're keeping themselves busy, idle hands are the devils workshop.

American workers are a subjugated population. Most are quietly subdued into their cucked status relative to capital.

Poor planning on their part, I was employed both times I went, I took time off. Of course I have savings, a thing most people don't think is important. I can think of about 80,000 that wish they had a couple of months living expenses in savings about now.

That he has already done.

Interesting.

Poor planning on their part, I was employed both times I went, I took time off. Of course I have savings, a thing most people don't think is important. I can think of about 80,000 that wish they had a couple of months living expenses in savings about now.

Some of us have been here for the re-rigging of the economic system and the removal of the working class as the Powell Memorandum called for and laid out. Some of us watched it all in real time across the last half century. If this economic system was half of what we are told it is, the people it rules over would not have to be blamed for the inadequacies of the system itself. One in five kids grows up in poverty? Must mean 25% of your population is subpar in your exceptional nation.

Blame the poor, spare the system.

And Mexico will pay for his wall.

Don't care who pays for it. Just get the damned thing built.

We were talking about credibility, Don has none, and no thanks.

It seems pretty damned incredible to me that he made 8 years of Obama's "legacy" go "poof" and vanish into thin air.

All within two years, too. He must be a wizard or something.

The longer it goes on the more ridiculous CNN and MSNBC become...so keep it going it makes for good TV...funny as hell.....

It seems pretty damned incredible to me that he made 8 years of Obama's "legacy" go "poof" and vanish into thin air.

All within two years, too. He must be a wizard or something.
The magic negro seems to haunt and live in heads as he always did. What poof?

The longer it goes on the more ridiculous CNN and MSNBC become...so keep it going it makes for good TV...funny as hell.....

Indeed. All of those bureaucrats having the vapors over a free vacation for which they will be paid in full once the shutdown is over. Oh.Teh.Humanity!

Well if you keep watching, that's all they care about.
I wish that were true...it once was but today they are out to brainwash folks....they are out to socialize and globalize our nation....

What this country needs is to spend 23 billion dollars on an ineffectual, high maintenance medieval technology dinosaur with disastrous environmental consequences in order to shore up a pathological lying asshole's ego....

Forum List

Back