Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Conservatives are conflicted. One commented that it has to be a lie because the official is anonymous, and the other said it just doesn’t matter.
why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

The House Democrats have met their constitutional obligation.
nope, they haven't negotiated a budget. why not? they know the president isn't going to sign unless 5.7B is in there. what else are they gonna do? Just tell the citizens fk you we ain't giving that man money so fk you all? how mature.

They're obliged to fund the govt. They've passed spending bills that do just that.

They are not obliged to give a president what they want.
trump hasn't seen one of them. all the dems need to do is add 5.7B into the house bill, and 7 dems vote for it and send it back to the house for another vote. as long as the pres hasn't seen a bill, it isn't on him.

There is just one tiny problem with your theory!

No bill exists anymore. The House has to start from scratch.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

The House Democrats have met their constitutional obligation.

No, they have not. That's the partisan hack answer. Their obligation, as is the Senate's obligation, as is the president's obligation, is to work together to reach a compromise and end the impasse. The president wants $5 billion for a wall; the Democrats want nothing. Nobody is willing to budge. Mature adults would meet halfway, but that's not what we have in D.C. I don't support a wall either, but to cause all of this drama over pure partisan politics is irresponsible on everybody's part.

Wow! That takes a lot of testicular fortitude to admit that you are a moron! Congrats on your honesty!

Here is the order of events:

1. Republican Senate passes spending bill on December 18. It will next proceed to the Republican House.

2. Deficit Donald announces he will sign the bill when it gets to his desk.

3. Mr. Coulter and Drug Addled Rush pitch a fit.

4. Deficit Donald announces he will not sign the bill. It is then spiked in the Republican House.

5. The new Congress is sworn in.

6. The new Democratic House passes the spending bill which had been passed by the Republican Senate.

7. Mitch McConnell refuses to bring the exact same spending bill his Republican Senate passed before to the floor for a vote by the new Senate, because he knows it will pass.

I see. So now Rush Limbaugh runs the USA? And Ann Coulter is his First Lady? How can Trump be their puppet when Putin was first in line? That's going to make Vladimir very mad.
Yep, Addict Rush and Mr. Coulter are bossing Deficit Donald around.

Exactly.

KGB Putin bosses his puppet around on foreign affairs.

All caught up now?

That makes it a lot easier to take then knowing that Rush is behind the shutdown. Him and Ann are the Left's green kryptonite.
They're your heros, aren't they?

What are heros?

Hero was a Greek virgin princess of Aphrodite.

The estimate was not intended to become public. It was just leaked.
Their previous estimate was 0.1% every two weeks.

"The Trump administration now estimates that the cost of the government shutdown will be twice as steep as originally forecast.
The original estimate that the partial shutdown would subtract 0.1 percentage point from growth every two weeks has now been doubled to a 0.1 percentage point subtraction every week, according to an official who asked not to be named."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/source-white-house-believes-shutdown-will-be-twice-as-costly.html‬
Well, as I have been pointing out for quite a while now, government spending is a big part of the US GDP.

That's why Deficit Donald has been exploding our debt, in order to artificially juice the GDP.

Government spending is now about 21 percent of our economy. That's one-fifth.

So of course if you shut the government down, that will impact US GDP.

Duh.

Yeah and your Democrats are so worried that they are partying in Puerto Rico on our dime. Just shows the POS’s they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The Trump administration now estimates that the cost of the government shutdown will be twice as steep as originally forecast.
The original estimate that the partial shutdown would subtract 0.1 percentage point from growth every two weeks has now been doubled to a 0.1 percentage point subtraction every week, according to an official who asked not to be named."

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/source-white-house-believes-shutdown-will-be-twice-as-costly.html‬
...and....
Conservatives are conflicted. One commented that it has to be a lie because the official is anonymous, and the other said it just doesn’t matter.
why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.

Military? No problems there. It is fully funded but you knew that. You just needed a convenient lie.

...and....

Trump will blink when his stooges in Congress grow a pair & stand up to him.

I don't know what Trump has on some of those goons, but it must be pretty damning for them to be willing to bend over for Trump, who wouldn't piss on a one of them if they were on fire.

If my reps bend to the Dems, I guarantee they will be primaried out!

then where's the budget?

Waiting for McConnell to find his balls.
Not going to happen. At least until public opinion provides a majority of gop senators willing to embrace the Trump wrath. And I'm not really sure McConnell isn't finding Trump's declining popularity a positive.

He's protected the SC corporate welfare republican wing for a decade. And passed another supply side tax cut dropping another half billion or so in debt on our kids each year. Mission accomplished.

You're right, I always said when the tax bill was passed they were done with Trump. Mitch and his gang got what they wanted and could care less about a wall.
And the Justices. The tax cuts and the Judges. And they can't see the back of Trump fast enough.

Forgot about the Justices, now until the next election they will get very little done. A measly bill here or there that really means nothing.

Wow! Now we have libtards slapping each other on the back about their common fantasies.

...and....

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.
As always, conservative republicans don't care about small businesses, don't care about the military and don't care about the civil service.

WTF has the military got to do with this topic, libtard?

Tough shit. If you are low or middle class, you suffer. All of us are one catastrophy away from being homeless. Conquer and persevere my friends. Work, make good choices, work some more. Lazy ass libstained leftists have a hard time understanding this concept.

Who's dick is that in your mouth smoke a pole? The left I know make a hell of a lot more money than you ever had or will including me. The small business owners in this situation are located in trump country and when they talk about not voting for the guy again many listen.
Oh really fuckstick? Do you know what I make? BTW, it seems you are hung up on the gay thing. Please keep your sexual perversions in your basement.

He likes giving other libs a reach-around on topics where they agree!

Fantasy.
"Nuh-uh!"

You must have really stretched your intellect to come up with such a biting retort. :lol:

Fantasy doesn't need a retort, it's make believe.

dude, I don't care, nor does he who you blame, the issue is that the dems won't come to the table. dude point that finger all fking day isn't going to make the dems get to the table. why do you behave so stupidly?

The Dems don't need to come to the table, dope. They have made no demands. They have done their job.
then where's the budget?
Mitch McConnell won’t allow any bill out there that Trump doesn’t want to sign. Read the news.
Are you saying there are five dems ready to vote for a 5.7B wall? cause currently, to put a vote on the floor for that bill needs at least five dems at this time.
the dems already agreed to 25bil for DACA but Trump reneged.

Liar!

Why must you lie?

Is it pathological?

Link please.

Show us the Senate whip count.
link for what? the Senate needs 60 votes to pass a bill. you need a link for that? really? now I know you are stupid.

You said 9 were needed. You're assuming every Republican was on board. Show us the whip count.
it never came to a vote. How can I tell you how republicans were going to vote without a vote? that's a typical lefturd's thought process though. so you agree, they needed at least nine dem votes correct? You educated yourself on the senate and vote counts for legislation?

Then don't assume only 9 Dems were needed, dope.

The Republicans were not able to get this done for two years. Don't act like it's just the Dems.

Trust me, if McConnell had all the repubs, he would have held a vote .
It was a done deal. The Daca for the Wall deal that Trump agreed to only to back out and break his word to both Schumer and McConnell. That's the reason McConnnell is not engaging. If Trump wants to cave, McConnell will accept that.

Just keep lying. It just reinforces your modus operandi.

...and....

Oh my I'm so sorry. They will all be paid back pay.

You ever get paid if you got furloughed??

Didn't think so.

Oh and Military will be paid.

The military IS being paid. They are not involved in the shutdown.

Was he a Dem then?? Maybe
Probably. Many Democrats have left the party. James Woods was a Democrat until the impeachment of Clinton.
Well I've seen a 37% approval rating for Trump so I think he's running out of friends People are wising up to the blabbermouthed con man
his approval rating is higher than obammy's this far along. hmmmm why's that? what is the approval rating of congress?
YOUR congress was about 5% now lets wait and get a true count
there you go!! maybe 3% after they cost us 5.7 Billion in shutdown and 5.7 Billion in wall. when it could have only been 5.7 Billion for a wall. irresponsible.
WiLL YOU EVER GET IT ? TRUMP OWNS IT He bought it

...and....

1. Because, having wasted billions on an unnecessary and expensive wall, at a time when the US is running the largest deficits in history, and when there are major issues in the country, like infrastructure spending, education and retraining, and opiod abuse that are not even being mentioned let alone addressed is very foolish, and unwise.

2. Because the Trump Administration is asking for a blank cheque. They haven't done a feasability study, provided cost estimates, a timetable, an environmental impact study, or any of the other standard practices that a member of government must provide when asking for a major appropriation like this. No one can just say to Congress "Give me $5 billion. I want to build a wall". No one. Not even the President.

3. Because the American public just voted a resounding "NO" to the border policies of Donald J. Trump, including building tent cities on the border, detaining asylum seekers at the public's expense.

4, Just the cost estimates of the cost of holding the people currently in detention along the Southern Border until their cases are heard are $5 billion. And holding these people violates their Constitutional rights.

5. And because one should never give into a child's temper tantrum. It makes it all that much more difficult to get him to behave properly the next time he decides to pitch a fit.

That is a very nice collection of lies. When will you learn not to lie?

...and....

1. Because, having wasted billions on an unnecessary and expensive wall, at a time when the US is running the largest deficits in history, and when there are major issues in the country, like infrastructure spending, education and retraining, and opiod abuse that are not even being mentioned let alone addressed is very foolish, and unwise.

2. Because the Trump Administration is asking for a blank cheque. They haven't done a feasability study, provided cost estimates, a timetable, an environmental impact study, or any of the other standard practices that a member of government must provide when asking for a major appropriation like this. No one can just say to Congress "Give me $5 billion. I want to build a wall". No one. Not even the President.

3. Because the American public just voted a resounding "NO" to the border policies of Donald J. Trump, including building tent cities on the border, detaining asylum seekers at the public's expense.

4, Just the cost estimates of the cost of holding the people currently in detention along the Southern Border until their cases are heard are $5 billion. And holding these people violates their Constitutional rights.

5. And because one should never give into a child's temper tantrum. It makes it all that much more difficult to get him to behave properly the next time he decides to pitch a fit.
their wasting 5.7 Billion with the shutdown, that doesn't seem to be bothering you at all. so excuse me, ahem, you're just confused.

No, I'm not confused.

What Trump is doing is violating every Constitutional norm, every principle of good goverance, and every shred of morality, decency, and humanity possible. This inhumanity cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged. This is a battle for the soul of the country, and you can't put a price on that.

What Constitutional norm?

Morality? Decency? Humanity? Those words mean nothing to libtards!

...and....

their wasting 5.7 Billion with the shutdown, that doesn't seem to be bothering you at all. so excuse me, ahem, you're just confused.

It should be noted that the very same Democrats voted to fund the wall and to the same amount that Trump requests now.

"Sen. Chuck Schumer and then-senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were among a bipartisan majority that voted in favor of the legislation, and it was signed into law by President George W. Bush." Fact check: Did Democrats once support border wall?

And the same amount Trump is asking.

This is what they voted for in 2006:
$4.10 in 2006 → $5.11 in 2018
$4.10 in 2006 → 2018 | Inflation Calculator

Yes, yes. 2013 as well. We've well established that Dems are in fact, not for open borders in any way.
It was in fact, the Republican led House that would not take up those bipartisan Senate immigration bills either in 2006 or 2013.
Actually the Republicans have done nothing on immigration for decades and failed miserably to do so in the last two years. It seems they aren't into it at all.

The Dem House has done their job. They've voted to open the govt. They aren't obliged to offer anything to bail out Trump.

One side invites the other side to a working lunch to try to work something out , the other side REFUSES to even attend.

I think we all know which side is throwing a tantrum.

The Dem House has met their constitutional obligation to fund the govt.

It should be noted that the very same Democrats voted to fund the wall and to the same amount that Trump requests now.

"Sen. Chuck Schumer and then-senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were among a bipartisan majority that voted in favor of the legislation, and it was signed into law by President George W. Bush." Fact check: Did Democrats once support border wall?

And the same amount Trump is asking.

This is what they voted for in 2006:
$4.10 in 2006 → $5.11 in 2018
$4.10 in 2006 → 2018 | Inflation Calculator

Dems supported funding for the wall in 2006 and in 2013 because they KNEW that neither Bush nor Obama were ever going to build it. This time , they know if Trump gets that money, the wall is getting built.

Nice asspull.

Obviously you couldn't know that, fool.

What happened to those bills?

Forum List

Back