Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
B'loney. Except for employees with professional/doctorate level educations, the pay and benefits for Federal employees exceeds the private sector. The fallacy that they are paid less for the job security is bunk.

View attachment 240519

President Proposes 1% Pay Increase for Federal Workers

That does not tell the whole story, the Fed workforce tends to be older and more experienced. Almost half of the Fed workforce is over the age of 50, there are very few entry level jobs in the Fed Govt, thus their average wage is higher, but if you compare like years of experience the difference is gone.

More than 70% of the Fed workforce is over the age of 40 with 15 to 40 years of experience under the belt.
Almost a month and nobody’s noticed they are missing.

Not true, you god in the White House is calling back more and more each week to keep anyone from noticing.

And I can tell you from first hand experience the farmers and ranchers have missed them.

They are getting POed about not getting their trade mitigation payments, their crop insurance payments and their USDA backed loans so they can buy seed, and the data from last years crops so they know what to plant this year.
Cry me a River. Let them get a job in the private sector.

So, farmers are not in the private sector?

you want all the farmers to quit farming and get jobs doing something else?

with each new post your ignorance just become that much more obvious.
Resorting to babbling only means your in a corner.

That does not tell the whole story, the Fed workforce tends to be older and more experienced. Almost half of the Fed workforce is over the age of 50, there are very few entry level jobs in the Fed Govt, thus their average wage is higher, but if you compare like years of experience the difference is gone.

More than 70% of the Fed workforce is over the age of 40 with 15 to 40 years of experience under the belt.

Not true, you god in the White House is calling back more and more each week to keep anyone from noticing.

And I can tell you from first hand experience the farmers and ranchers have missed them.

They are getting POed about not getting their trade mitigation payments, their crop insurance payments and their USDA backed loans so they can buy seed, and the data from last years crops so they know what to plant this year.

you are the moron that just said farmers should get a job in the private sector...:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

I can never decide if you are just really stupid or if you put on an act for this forum.

Less than 15% of the Fed non-military workforce works in DC. So, yeah the folks in DC make way too much money, but they are not your average Fed worker.

Fed workers do not get full pay upon retirement. If they work 25 years they get 25% of the high 3 years of pay.

Pardon me if I don't cry because "they get 25% of the high 3 years of pay." Most non government workers get zilch and have to PAY SSI instead of being able to keep their own money and INVEST it. SSI then gives them a mere pittance of what they were MANDATED to give from their paychecks. Tell me, why in the Hell should a Fed gov't worker get more retirement than those working in the private sector? Why can't private sector workers get the SAME government stipend (25% of their HIGHEST income?)

Now Mr ‘I’m a Libatarian’ spends all his time defending the outlandish salaries of government workers.

Another closet busted.
If he's a libertarian, I'm Murray Rothbard.

no, you are a Trumpian.
Unlike you lefty cowards, we are proud of our beliefs.

I can tell by the orange on your nose and lips
Now it’s kindergarten debate skills.

I can never decide if you are just really stupid or if you put on an act for this forum.

Less than 15% of the Fed non-military workforce works in DC. So, yeah the folks in DC make way too much money, but they are not your average Fed worker.

Fed workers do not get full pay upon retirement. If they work 25 years they get 25% of the high 3 years of pay.

Pardon me if I don't cry because "they get 25% of the high 3 years of pay." Most non government workers get zilch and have to PAY SSI instead of being able to keep their own money and INVEST it. SSI then gives them a mere pittance of what they were MANDATED to give from their paychecks. Tell me, why in the Hell should a Fed gov't worker get more retirement than those working in the private sector? Why can't private sector workers get the SAME government stipend (25% of their HIGHEST income?)

I am not asking you to cry, I was correcting the lie told by the person I responded to. I realize that facts are evil to you people, but they are still just facts

...I decided to be productive in life rather than a parasite.
So, a healthcare professional serving veterans in the VA is a parasite?

So, an air traffic controller is a parasite?

So, a forest ranger is a parasite?

So, a CDC bio-researcher is a parasite?

So < substitute a hundred other job roles >...

No Sale.

Private sector employers are not paying fair wages perhaps. While you whine about public sector workers the Uber wealthy laugh at you all the way to the bank.

Now Mr ‘I’m a Libatarian’ spends all his time defending the outlandish salaries of government workers.

Another closet busted.

no, you are a Trumpian.
Unlike you lefty cowards, we are proud of our beliefs.

I can tell by the orange on your nose and lips
Now it’s kindergarten debate skills.

just coming down to your level

Another closet busted.

no, you are a Trumpian.
Anyone who laughs at you statist moonbats is a "Trumpian".

And you're no libertarian...Not even a shitty one like Gary Johnson.

because I do not think it is right to fuck people over for political games?

you would not know a libertarian if one took a shit on your head.

go back to kissing Trump's ass, it is all you seem good at

you are the moron that just said farmers should get a job in the private sector...:21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:
Dumbass extraordinaire.

How did I know you couldn’t name one private sector company with retirement matching what Fed employees get?

I am not asking you to cry, I was correcting the lie told by the person I responded to. I realize that facts are evil to you people, but they are still just facts

So you pick on an offhand comment I made and totally ignore the rest of my post. That means you got nothin' dufus.

Dumbass extraordinaire.

How did I know you couldn’t name one private sector company with retirement matching what Fed employees get?

I never claimed there was...nice strawman there.

straw-man.png

...I decided to be productive in life rather than a parasite.
So, a healthcare professional serving veterans in the VA is a parasite?

So, an air traffic controller is a parasite?

So, a forest ranger is a parasite?

So, a CDC bio-researcher is a parasite?

So < substitute a hundred other job roles >...

No Sale.

do not forget the border patrol agent and the ICE workers.

Forum List

Back