🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Officials Object To Sex Offenders Voting In New York School Polling Places

Do you think this is politically motivated to get more democRATs registered and voting

• Well duhhhhh

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Of course not. What a racist homophobic thing to say.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree that would be the best choice, give them a different voting location. But the state failing to do that is not sufficient reason to deny someone their right to vote.

All I am defending is the right to vote, one of the most fundamental rights we have as citizens of this country.

Almost everyone has an alternate voting station. Even where I live anyone can early vote, or vote on the regular day, at the registrar's office. More populated areas often have several early voting stations. I mean damn, hunting season starts in September, and you don't ever want to miss a hunt because it is polling day. We know stuff like this, because we are "can-do" people, and are smart enough to figure out how we can accomplish something, instead of crying about what someone else doesn't do for us.

A person cannot assign themselves a voting location, no matter how much you pretend they can.

In any event, protecting children from the chomos is more important that making sure the paedophiles vote and have a chance to decide our elections. But of course, that's just my opinion, as a conservative, I don't idolize someone who rapes children.

Felony-level criminals should lose the right to vote permanently as part of the penalty for their crime.

It's ridiculous to let such people choose the direction of the country.

I agree that would be the best choice, give them a different voting location. But the state failing to do that is not sufficient reason to deny someone their right to vote.

All I am defending is the right to vote, one of the most fundamental rights we have as citizens of this country.

Almost everyone has an alternate voting station. Even where I live anyone can early vote, or vote on the regular day, at the registrar's office. More populated areas often have several early voting stations. I mean damn, hunting season starts in September, and you don't ever want to miss a hunt because it is polling day. We know stuff like this, because we are "can-do" people, and are smart enough to figure out how we can accomplish something, instead of crying about what someone else doesn't do for us.

A person cannot assign themselves a voting location, no matter how much you pretend they can.

Anyone, from any precinct can vote at an early voting station. The registrar's office has a record of what precinct you are from, and you can vote accordingly. Tell me what else you think you cannot do, silly.

Anyone, from any precinct can vote at an early voting station. The registrar's office has a record of what precinct you are from, and you can vote accordingly. Tell me what else you think you cannot do, silly.

Feel free to provide the rules in NY City for early voting.

Thanks!

Felony-level criminals should lose the right to vote permanently as part of the penalty for their crime.

Highly unconstitutional in my opinion.

Someone who steals a car when they are 17 because they were stupid should not be punished for the rest of their life.

A felony-level criminal can join the military and serve their country then they should be able to vote.

I think it's a great idea to allow sex offenders back on school property. What could possibly go wrong?

What do you think would happen? Run us through the scenario ?

Don’t have voting at a school if you don’t want sex offenders .

Simple solution...get rid of polling places and switch to all mailed ballot elections.

What a pathetic attempt to deny someone their right to vote.

So its your belief that Paedophiles and other sexual perverts should be voting and hold the balance of power in this country?

This is something I disagree with entirely.

We need to be keeping the pederasts AWAY from the nation's children, not encouraging them to interact.
Setting aside the fact that whom should be voting, according to the founders vision has been given up (to the detriment of our culture I would add); the prohibition on free men to vote in their interest in this nation currently is a gross violation of civil rights, and flies in the face of our alleged stance against “cruel, and unusual punishment”. Any person who has served the proscribed term of incarceration, and is then returned to society should have all rights restored. Every. Last. One of them...

Feel free to provide the rules in NY City for early voting.

Thanks!

Yeah they even have instruction for our Spanish speaking friends ... Absentee Voting | New York State Board of Elections
How hard was that to find? Not very hard.

Here is who can submit an absentee vote in NY (from your link)

• Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
  • Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
  • A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
  • Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.

None of these would apply to the people in this situation, thus they do not qualify for absentee voting.

Also, absentee voting is not the same thing as early voting.

So its your belief that Paedophiles and other sexual perverts should be voting and hold the balance of power in this country?

We need to be keeping the pederasts AWAY from the nation's children, not encouraging them to interact.
Setting aside the fact that whom should be voting, according to the founders vision has been given up (to the detriment of our culture I would add); the prohibition on free men to vote in their interest in this nation currently is a gross violation of civil rights, and flies in the face of our alleged stance against “cruel, and unusual punishment”. Any person who has served the proscribed term of incarceration, and is then returned to society should have all rights restored. Every. Last. One of them...

So, you think that we would be better off if only white land owning men were allowed to vote?

Are you aware that voting is a states rights issue and not all states have the same rules? Some states don't let you early vote. Some don't allow you to vote anywhere but your home polling place.

Are you aware that voting is a states rights issue and not all states have the same rules? Some states don't let you early vote. Some don't allow you to vote anywhere but your home polling place.

Clearly, they are not aware of that.

So, you think that we would be better off if only white land owning men were allowed to vote?
Yes.

Another solution, make Election Day a federal holiday so schools are closed. (And I get paid double time for working a Federal holiday :D )

Someone who steals a car when they are 17 because they were stupid should not be punished for the rest of their life.

A felony-level criminal can join the military and serve their country then they should be able to vote.

I don't think they should lose the right to vote at all, even while incarcerated. You don't lose the fundamental right to marry while incarcerated so why should you lose the fundamental right to vote?

I'd like to see these laws challenged.

Another solution, make Election Day a federal holiday so schools are closed. (And I get paid double time for working a Federal holiday :D )

That would be viable for national elections, but different states and cities have elections for various offices at various times.

Yes.

That says a lot about you. None of it good.

During my 20 years in the Marine I only owned land for 3 years, so by your rules I would not have been allowed to vote while defending my country.

But I do agree that "Any person who has served the proscribed term of incarceration, and is then returned to society should have all rights restored. Every. Last. One of them..."

I don't think they should lose the right to vote at all, even while incarcerated. You don't lose the fundamental right to marry while incarcerated so why should you lose the fundamental right to vote?

I'd like to see these laws challenged.

I have no problem with them not being able to vote while incarcerated, then again I would not allow them to marry either.

Forum List

Back