🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Officials Object To Sex Offenders Voting In New York School Polling Places

Do you think this is politically motivated to get more democRATs registered and voting

• Well duhhhhh

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Of course not. What a racist homophobic thing to say.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Felony-level criminals should lose the right to vote permanently as part of the penalty for their crime.

It's ridiculous to let such people choose the direction of the country.

Highly unconstitutional in my opinion.

Someone who steals a car when they are 17 because they were stupid should not be punished for the rest of their life.

A felony-level criminal can join the military and serve their country then they should be able to vote.

I don't think they should lose the right to vote at all, even while incarcerated. You don't lose the fundamental right to marry while incarcerated so why should you lose the fundamental right to vote?

I'd like to see these laws challenged.

I have no problem with them not being able to vote while incarcerated, then again I would not allow them to marry either.

And yet, constitutionally you can't deny them the right to marry. Procreate yes, marry no. Turner v. Safley - Wikipedia

What a pathetic attempt to deny someone their right to vote.

So its your belief that Paedophiles and other sexual perverts should be voting and hold the balance of power in this country?

This is something I disagree with entirely.

We need to be keeping the pederasts AWAY from the nation's children, not encouraging them to interact.
Setting aside the fact that whom should be voting, according to the founders vision has been given up (to the detriment of our culture I would add); the prohibition on free men to vote in their interest in this nation currently is a gross violation of civil rights, and flies in the face of our alleged stance against “cruel, and unusual punishment”. Any person who has served the proscribed term of incarceration, and is then returned to society should have all rights restored. Every. Last. One of them...

So, you think that we would be better off if only white land owning men were allowed to vote?
Yes.

That says a lot about you. None of it good.

During my 20 years in the Marine I only owned land for 3 years, so by your rules I would not have been allowed to vote while defending my country.

But I do agree that "Any person who has served the proscribed term of incarceration, and is then returned to society should have all rights restored. Every. Last. One of them..."

A lot of liberals agree with the idea of criminals voting, as public opinion polls show that the Left is quite popular with the criminal element.

So its your belief that Paedophiles and other sexual perverts should be voting and hold the balance of power in this country?

We need to be keeping the pederasts AWAY from the nation's children, not encouraging them to interact.
Setting aside the fact that whom should be voting, according to the founders vision has been given up (to the detriment of our culture I would add); the prohibition on free men to vote in their interest in this nation currently is a gross violation of civil rights, and flies in the face of our alleged stance against “cruel, and unusual punishment”. Any person who has served the proscribed term of incarceration, and is then returned to society should have all rights restored. Every. Last. One of them...

So, you think that we would be better off if only white land owning men were allowed to vote?
Yes.

During my 20 years in the Marine I only owned land for 3 years, so by your rules I would not have been allowed to vote while defending my country.

But I do agree that "Any person who has served the proscribed term of incarceration, and is then returned to society should have all rights restored. Every. Last. One of them..."

A lot of liberals agree with the idea of criminals voting, as public opinion polls show that the Left is quite popular with the criminal element.

Do you have a link to this poll?

Feel free to provide the rules in NY City for early voting.

Thanks!

Yeah they even have instruction for our Spanish speaking friends ... Absentee Voting | New York State Board of Elections
How hard was that to find? Not very hard.

Here is who can submit an absentee vote in NY (from your link)

• Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
  • Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
  • A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
  • Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.

None of these would apply to the people in this situation, thus they do not qualify for absentee voting.

Also, absentee voting is not the same thing as early voting.

I live in the sticks, off a dirt road in what some would consider a backwards assed state, and can still walk through the door at the registrar's office, show the lady at the counter my driver's license, and she'll hand me a card (looks like credit card), I then stick into a voting machine, and it pulls up everything there is to vote on for in my precinct, without having to be ill, indigent, or disabled.

I wasn't aware of how advanced we are here in the boonies, in comparison to a shit hole like New York City, my bad. :21:

Felony-level criminals should lose the right to vote permanently as part of the penalty for their crime.

Someone who steals a car when they are 17 because they were stupid should not be punished for the rest of their life.

A felony-level criminal can join the military and serve their country then they should be able to vote.

Not unconstitutional. There is no general right to vote.

Feel free to provide the rules in NY City for early voting.

Thanks!

Yeah they even have instruction for our Spanish speaking friends ... Absentee Voting | New York State Board of Elections
How hard was that to find? Not very hard.

Here is who can submit an absentee vote in NY (from your link)

• Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
  • Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
  • A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
  • Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.

None of these would apply to the people in this situation, thus they do not qualify for absentee voting.

Also, absentee voting is not the same thing as early voting.

I live in the sticks, off a dirt road in what some would consider a backwards assed state, and can still walk through the door at the registrar's office, show the lady at the counter my driver's license, and she'll hand me a card (looks like credit card), I then stick into a voting machine, and it pulls up everything there is to vote on for in my precinct, without having to be ill, indigent, or disabled.

I wasn't aware of how advanced we are here in the boonies, in comparison to a shit hole like New York City, my bad. :21:

This will be a shock to you, but every state has different rules for voting. Just because your state allows something does not mean that other states also allow it

I don't think they should lose the right to vote at all, even while incarcerated. You don't lose the fundamental right to marry while incarcerated so why should you lose the fundamental right to vote?

There is no constitutionally-mandated fundamental right to vote. If you disagree, post article, section and paragraph.

This will be a shock to you, but every state has different rules for voting. Just because your state allows something does not mean that other states also allow it

I know different states have different rules, I simply had no idea New York City and State were in the Stone Ages as far as rules and voting options. :21:
I said "my bad" and I'll give you that one, but if they are going to change a law to provide for one thing or another, they might want to start with their ignorant voting laws and options, instead of figuring out how to put sex offenders in schools.

And they call themselves Progressives?

Last edited:

There is no constitutionally-mandated fundamental right to vote. If you disagree, post article, section and paragraph.
The Constitution has amendments...have you read them? Start with the 14th.

I know different states have different rules, I simply had no idea New York City and State were in the Stone Ages as far as rules and voting options. :21:
I said "my bad" and I'll give you that one, but if they are going to change a law to provide for one thing or another, they might want to start with their ignorant voting laws and options, instead of figuring out how to put sex offenders in schools.

And they call themselves Progressives?

New York Has the Worst Voting System in the Country - The Atlantic

If you want an example of a progressive state with good voting laws, look to California. They should be a model for the country.

New York Has the Worst Voting System in the Country - The Atlantic

If you want an example of a progressive state with good voting laws, look to California. They should be a model for the country.

I see that, although I am not from California, and the voting laws we have here make voting far more accessible than New York. I guess the only drawback people could find with our voting laws is that you have to have a state issued ID or driver's license to vote. You can get a state ID for free though, and some jurisdictions require you to carry one anyway (albeit it is not strictly enforced because it cannot be a "primary stop" option, or in other words they cannot stop you just to ask if you are carrying an ID).

Last edited:

Yes.

The Constitution has amendments...have you read them? Start with the 14th.

Fail. Read Section 2.

Try again? Where in the document is a fundamental right to vote delineated?

Yes.

Common ground is always good to find.
As our military is an all voluntary force, with thexception of extreme circumstances that require a draft; few of which amongst us suffered... Joining the military should not confer additional rights, as it is voluntary. Since one could save their meager earnings, and buy land, thus securing their vote... I do not see the connection between serving in the military voluntarily, and the right to vote being given carte Blanche.

As our military is an all voluntary force, with thexception of extreme circumstances that require a draft; few of which amongst us suffered... Joining the military should not confer additional rights, as it is voluntary. Since one could save their meager earnings, and buy land, this securing their vote... I do not see the connection between serving in the military voluntarily, and the right to vote being given carte Blanche.

I do not see a connection to owning land and voting. What is so special about owning land?

As our military is an all voluntary force, with thexception of extreme circumstances that require a draft; few of which amongst us suffered... Joining the military should not confer additional rights, as it is voluntary. Since one could save their meager earnings, and buy land, this securing their vote... I do not see the connection between serving in the military voluntarily, and the right to vote being given carte Blanche.

I do not see a connection to owning land and voting. What is so special about owning land?
It is something you should look into. Owning land, and only land owners being able to vote does a number of things. One being that it keeps people who do not pay taxes into the coffers of the government, from decisions of when, and how taxes should be applied. If only land owners were voting... They would literally be voting on taxing themselves; and as such would be hesitant to increase taxes unless there was a very good reason to do so. (Keep in mind there was no income tax back then, nor should there be now. That wasn't part of the design.)
Secondly It keeps non contributors from making legal determinations as to how the contributors money is spent. Parasites will always vote to promote their own interests at the cost of the host.
But there are many more reasons...

Forum List

Back