Oh, come on, this is funny.

Deja vu all over again?

Had to check the OP date as my first thought was this is an old thread because I swear there was a similar story somewhere a few years ago.

Ring a bell with anyone else?

Deja vu all over again?

Had to check the OP date as my first thought was this is an old thread because I swear there was a similar story somewhere a few years ago.

Ring a bell with anyone else?

No... I clicked on it to find a vacuous marxist website that wouldn't let me comment.

I'm not surprised.

And it would have been funny if the parties were reversed.

Yale Republicans taunt hunger-striking union workers with a barbecue

Some Yale students were protesting with a hunger strike over unionization and the campus Republicans set up a smoked-meat Bar-B-Q right next to them.

:laugh:

Ian Millhiser Apr 29, 2017, 3:48 pm

PS: "ThinkProgress".org.

Fence-sitter Mac done leaned too far one way!

This is not current events. I know it's slow news lately..

Yeah... looks like the fence post broke off in his ass and he fell off laughing WITH US this time.

I remember the old days when unions went on regular strikes. Or maybe not, I was just a kid when unions were still a thing. Only ones left are govt and law enforcement, teachers.

I remember the old days when unions went on regular strikes. Or maybe not, I was just a kid when unions were still a thing. Only ones left are govt and law enforcement, teachers.

The unions didn't usually go on strike. except as a last resort. The workers didn't want to miss that pay. That's just the spin that became urbane legend by the anti union bunch.

The unions didn't usually go on strike. except as a last resort. The workers didn't want to miss that pay. That's just the spin that became urbane legend by the anti union bunch.
Your probably right. I don't remember my father going on strike.

Caterpillar is the only one I remember:

UAW-Caterpillar strike sets new record for length

Sorry, I don't find it funny. Immature, really. Granted, a hunger strike in this scenario seems rather odd.

Some Yale students were protesting with a hunger strike over unionization and the campus Republicans set up a smoked-meat Bar-B-Q right next to them.

:laugh:

Ian Millhiser Apr 29, 2017, 3:48 pm

PS: "ThinkProgress".org.

Fence-sitter Mac done leaned too far one way!

This is not current events. I know it's slow news lately..
My side of the fence is explained clearly in the first line of my sig. I made it as simple as I could for ya.

Being this far up in the heads of you partisan zombies is a weird mix of flattering and creepy, that's for sure.

And auto workers and airline pilots and firemen and steel workers and hotel service workers and truck drivers...and on and on.

I remember the old days when unions went on regular strikes. Or maybe not, I was just a kid when unions were still a thing.
My old man was in the union as a diesel truck mechanic and they never went on strike.
I was directly involved with a oil refinery where the workers went on strike for five and a half months in the late seventies. I had the same experience with a coal miner strike for six or seven months in the early eighties. Another coal strike of two weeks again in the eighties. An oil refinery strike for two weeks in the nineties. Those are the ones that I was personally involved in. If you read the papers during those periods there were strikes from all over the country from different unions. One was garbage collection in New York City.

Vichy Mac thinks it funny when entitled rich punks taunt working folks asking for a fair wage.

Mac, you really need to join the GOP. They need someone with your level of selfishness.

Forum List

Back