Oh, Lord. Why does she let them manipulate her like that?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
I just heard Mrs. Trump commence her husband's FL rally by leading the crowd is saying the Lord's Prayer. I have no issue with the rally beginning with a prayer. I don't have a problem with Melania saying or leading the crowd in prayer.

The issue I have is that to the best of my knowledge, neither Donald nor Melania are particularly religious -- not that one need be -- Trump's rallies and speeches don't generally open with a prayer. Thus, her doing so today just seems so contrived; it seemed like a stunt more than like a sincere act of devotion to the Lord.

If Ted Cruz opened his rallies with a prayer, I'd buy it. If another political leader or celebrity who's noted as being somewhat religious were to kick-off a speech that way, I'd buy it. But for that "out of the blue" prayer coming from Melania, well, let's just say if it becomes a pattern, I may buy it...If it comes out that she just got "born again," I'll buy it. I'll see. I'm sure she'll say some things and lead some speeches, rallies and events, etc. let's see....

I just heard Mrs. Trump commence her husband's FL rally by leading the crowd is saying the Lord's Prayer. I have no issue with the rally beginning with a prayer. I don't have a problem with Melania saying or leading the crowd in prayer.

The issue I have is that to the best of my knowledge, neither Donald nor Melania are particularly religious -- not that one need be -- Trump's rallies and speeches don't generally open with a prayer. Thus, her doing so today just seems so contrived; it seemed like a stunt more than like a sincere act of devotion to the Lord.

If Ted Cruz opened his rallies with a prayer, I'd buy it. If another political leader or celebrity who's noted as being somewhat religious were to kick-off a speech that way, I'd buy it. But for that "out of the blue" prayer coming from Melania, well, let's just say if it becomes a pattern, I may buy it...If it comes out that she just got "born again," I'll buy it. I'll see. I'm sure she'll say some things and lead some speeches, rallies and events, etc. let's see....
Well the sheep must be sedated, after all

Well the sheep must be sedated, after all

I s'pose

Forum List

Back