OH NO, IOWA going for the Trumpster! 2016 Iowa Straw Poll Results [Trump 34% Paul 18% Rubio 9%]

clear.png
What is fun is going to be when Trump and Cruz crash and burn.

Rubio will have the nomination, the far right will shrink into the shadows again, and this time, to be forgotten for good.

So let me get this straight, once and for all.....you are a republican (yeah, right) but you won't vote for Trump, Rubio, Cruz, Carly, Carson, or any of the others.....um....what are you planning fool? writing your own dumbass name on the ballot? Give it up Sonny - no one cares
Yeah, I am, a moderate Republican. I have said I will vote for Rubio. He can beat Hillary or the Bern. I will not for far right reactionary con trash.

We will see I suppose.....Here's the point in it's entirety: Republicans have a myriad of choices. Democrats have the same old tired ass 60s radicals running for the job. 2 of them. And the left calls the right "short-sighted". My God.

What happened to my man Cruz....he's at 8%!!!!??????

PR Newswire via bizjournals.com ^

2016IowaStrawPoll.com results are now available. This has been the most inclusive Iowa Straw Poll in history because it has included ALL Iowa voters, both Republicans and Democrats. After the GOP unilaterally canceled the traditional Iowa Straw Poll, America's Term Limits Campaign decided to sponsor an on-line straw poll to give both parties an opportunity to register their votes. In the Newshttp://kimt.com/2015/12/29/candidates-rave-over-online-iowa-straw-poll/ Max Linn, President of America's Term Limits Campaign and Iowa Straw Poll sponsor says...

Umm..ok:eusa_doh:

ALL Iowa voters, both Republicans and Democrats. After the GOP unilaterally canceled the traditional Iowa Straw Poll, America's Term Limits Campaign decided to sponsor an on-line straw poll to give both parties an opportunity to register their votes.

clear.png

Rubio will have the nomination, the far right will shrink into the shadows again, and this time, to be forgotten for good.

So let me get this straight, once and for all.....you are a republican (yeah, right) but you won't vote for Trump, Rubio, Cruz, Carly, Carson, or any of the others.....um....what are you planning fool? writing your own dumbass name on the ballot? Give it up Sonny - no one cares
Yeah, I am, a moderate Republican. I have said I will vote for Rubio. He can beat Hillary or the Bern. I will not for far right reactionary con trash.

We will see I suppose.....Here's the point in it's entirety: Republicans have a myriad of choices. Democrats have the same old tired ass 60s radicals running for the job. 2 of them. And the left calls the right "short-sighted". My God.
We are short sighted if we think Cruz or Trump can win.

Rubio and Kasich, Rubio and Haley: these are winnable tickets.

JakeAss wants the illegals to stay, as does Rubio!

• Rubio: Law-abiding undocumented immigrants could stay

Politico ^ | 01/17/2016 | ISAAC ARNSDORF
    Sen. Marco Rubio says people who immigrated to the U.S. illegally but haven’t committed any major crimes could be allowed to stay. In an interview airing Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the Florida contender for the Republican presidential nomination said felons shouldn’t be allowed to stay, but those who commit lesser crimes could still qualify. In this interview, he didn’t specify whether those allowed to stay would ever be able to become citizens. “If you’re a criminal alien, no, you can’t stay. If you’re someone that hasn’t been here for a very long time, you can’t stay,” he said....

He said a legal status could be obtained, felons can't stay, and a pathway to citizenship may be possible.

clear.png

Kasich!?!? Good God man....I like the guy - but no. Hell no. My choices are simple. It will be between Cruz, Rubio and Trump. Thus far I have decided nothing. Any of those three will beat the stem-winding shit out of Hillary - who will be the nominee (gee, same old shit, different day).

course i like Cruz and he was my first choice but if the Troomp , well thats also good and maybe better as he might go after 'jakes' moderate rinos better . Everything is up in the air so GO Trump , GO Cruz !!

I agree. For the first time perhaps in my lifetime, either of the top two candidates leading the GOP primaries would be acceptable to me.

But, when push comes to shove, I believe Trump is the more electable of the two. JMO. I think he has more crossover appeal with blue collar and union Democrats.

JakeAss wants the illegals to stay, as does Rubio!

• Rubio: Law-abiding undocumented immigrants could stay

Politico ^ | 01/17/2016 | ISAAC ARNSDORF
    Sen. Marco Rubio says people who immigrated to the U.S. illegally but haven’t committed any major crimes could be allowed to stay. In an interview airing Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the Florida contender for the Republican presidential nomination said felons shouldn’t be allowed to stay, but those who commit lesser crimes could still qualify. In this interview, he didn’t specify whether those allowed to stay would ever be able to become citizens. “If you’re a criminal alien, no, you can’t stay. If you’re someone that hasn’t been here for a very long time, you can’t stay,” he said....

And this is a major sticking point with me and Rubio. I like the guy, but like most politicians swings with the wind. For me, as long as it isn't another damned Bush or another worthless ass Clinton - I'm happy. Surely to God, of the three (Rubio, Cruz or Trump) they certainly can NOT do worse that the dipshit we have been saddled with for the last 7-8 years.

Trump, I think, has the least cross over appeal and has not the temperament for the job. Cruz's weird religious sort of dominionism, when it gets out there, would cost him the election. His mother's questionable status in Canada (did she have a voting license) may hurt him as well.

Rubio can win.

He said a legal status could be obtained, felons can't stay, and a pathway to citizenship may be possible.
  • Bashing Cruz, Rubio defends shift on immigration...Flip Flops!

TheHill ^ | 1/17/16 | Mike Lillis
    On Sunday, the GOP presidential hopeful acknowledged that his position has changed since 2013, when he helped craft a comprehensive immigration reform bill that included a pathway to citizenship for millions of undocumented immigrants. But that shift, he argued, was a concession to the political realities in Washington –– where House Republicans have refused to consider the issue –– as well as a reaction to recent terrorist attacks he says have exposed holes in the enforcement of existing law. "It is very clear now more than ever that we are not going to be able to do anything on people...

clear.png

--------------------------------------------- doesn't matter , i'm not interested in gop rinos winning Jake .

Last edited:
Trump, I think, has the least cross over appeal and has not the temperament for the job. Cruz's weird religious sort of dominionism, when it gets out there, would cost him the election. His mother's questionable status in Canada (did she have a voting license) may hurt him as well.

Rubio can win.

The JakeAss is a political imbecile!!!!!!

Reince Priebus thinks Donald Trump has enough 'crossover ...

Jan 4, 2016 - I actually think there is a huge crossover appeal there to people that are disengaged politically that ... Navigation: use the links below to view more comments. ... If he gets to keep his job, Trump will have him on a short leash.

Forum List

Back