Oh No the economy is growing, hurry cons make a mess of something to stop it

United States debt-ceiling crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

August 2, 2011: The Senate passed the bill by a vote of 74–26. 28 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and 1 independent voted 'yes'; 19 Republicans, 6 Democrats, and 1 independent voted 'no'.[159] President Obama signed the debt ceiling bill the same day, thus ending fears of a default. Obama also declared that the bill is an "important first step to ensuring that as a nation we live within our means."[160]

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama, the Downgraded and Not so Shovel Ready President

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O55aRrvXtio]Obama: Shovel-Ready Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected - YouTube[/ame]

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to declare the economic recovery is back on track and moving along nicely. I think after the holiday season is over and the bills come due that things might slow back down a little, like it did the 1st half or so this year. Most surveys show that around 70% of Americans think we're headed in the wrong direction, and consumer and business confidence is still in the dumpster. Show me 6 months of sustained growth at 3% or better, then I'll celebrate.

"You are so blinded by your partisan hate that you completely ignore the fact that Barry sucks as POTUS. You can't seem to see what a horrible job this guy has done.":cuckoo::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just send congress home and let the economy work. The GD GOP has blocked any Dem legislation since 2/2010. ruining consumer/business confidence with fear mongering and counter productive witch hunt hearings and BS. Most moronic hypocritical party in the modern world by FAR.

LMAO Lets get rid of Barry and send the Dems packing.

Barry had his shot with his Super Majority but was more interested in saddling the taxpayers of America with Obamacare.

His polices haven't worked and no one has needed to use fear mongering or counter productive witch hunts for everyone to know that.

The Dems. The most moronic, hypocritical party in the modern world by FAR.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to declare the economic recovery is back on track and moving along nicely. I think after the holiday season is over and the bills come due that things might slow back down a little, like it did the 1st half or so this year. Most surveys show that around 70% of Americans think we're headed in the wrong direction, and consumer and business confidence is still in the dumpster. Show me 6 months of sustained growth at 3% or better, then I'll celebrate.

Yup, personal debt will slightly increase through these holidays and I have heard reports that more people will be dipping into what is left of savings for the holidays. Very bad sign.

why do you wish for failure in the American economy in the face of good economic numbers?

why do you wish for failure in the American economy in the face of good economic numbers?

why dont you go down to the unemployment office and tell all of those folks on line the good news...

"11 months ago, they said there would be an increase in hiring in May of 2011!"

Lets see how they react....

Get back to us on that one.

Why do you want to watch poor black childern starve to death. Answer that and I'll answer you're stupid question.

I have an answer...

If they starve to death, there will be less people taking my tax money!

LET EM STARVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez.....she is really warped.

Bingo.

If it happens I'll celebrate along with you chief.

why dont you go down to the unemployment office and tell all of those folks on line the good news...

"11 months ago, they said there would be an increase in hiring in May of 2011!"

Lets see how they react....

Get back to us on that one.

I'd be curious to know how much of the "drop" in unemployment numbers is simply people who have been unemployed for so long without being able to find work that they have finally just given up trying? I know we've had the largest percentage of long time unemployed ever, for over a year now. The number we get for unemployed and the REAL number aren't even close at this point.

We have a real problem because Democrats, who are economically to the Left of Communists, think Republicans are the enemy.

Forum List

Back