Oh Nooo! The DOW Is Tanking !!,So Who's Economy Is It Today? Obama Or Trump ?

I haven't looked at individual stocks but this is due to China devaluing the yuan. It is an interesting move as far as the trade war but I am not sure it is going to help them 6 months from now when they are in the dead of winter and need food unless they are also going to be liquidating their treasuries.

Other countries besides the US can grow food.

Sure but the ones that grow a lot of it are owned by Archer Daniels. Oil sells in dollars so they also made their oil more expensive heading toward winter. It is a game of chicken at this point. See who flinches first.

If you read the other headlines today you will see where Russia, China and the E.U. is moving away from the dollar.

They are all tired of our crap.

China is can try, but Russia and the EU just whine about it but never really do anything. They still predominantly trade pegged to the US dollar

I haven't looked at individual stocks but this is due to China devaluing the yuan. It is an interesting move as far as the trade war but I am not sure it is going to help them 6 months from now when they are in the dead of winter and need food unless they are also going to be liquidating their treasuries.

Sure but the ones that grow a lot of it are owned by Archer Daniels. Oil sells in dollars so they also made their oil more expensive heading toward winter. It is a game of chicken at this point. See who flinches first.

If you read the other headlines today you will see where Russia, China and the E.U. is moving away from the dollar.

China is can try, but Russia and the EU just whine about it but never really do anything. They still predominantly trade pegged to the US dollar

Bury your head.

Bury your head.

Russia already dumped their treasuries a long time ago. They do not want to trade in dollars because they don't have many. However, in determining the exchange rate between the euro and the ruble, they look at the exchange rate between the euro and the dollar and the ruble and the dollar. We are the benchmark for trade. Sorry, that is just reality.

Bury your head.

The dollar makes up about 62% of the central banks foreign exchange. The euro about 21% and the EU is in crisis.

The dollar is dominant and will remain sofor a very long time

Bury your head.

Russia already dumped their treasuries a long time ago. They do not want to trade in dollars because they don't have many. However, in determining the exchange rate between the euro and the ruble, they look at the exchange rate between the euro and the dollar and the ruble and the dollar. We are the benchmark for trade. Sorry, that is just reality.

I never argued it currently isn't. The argument is the rest of the world is on a path where it wont be forever.

Bury your head.

The dollar makes up about 62% of the central banks foreign exchange. The euro about 21% and the EU is in crisis.

remember that week the DOW tanked over 1000 points and it made headlines on CNN/MSNBC?,,and when it jumped again,,we were back to the Obama economy

Bury your head.

remember that week the DOW tanked over 1000 points and it made headlines on CNN/MSNBC?,,and when it jumped again,,we were back to the Obama economy

It goes up and it goes down. Today is a buy day. Tomorrow may be a sell day. As the wheels turn

Bury your head.

It goes up and it goes down. Today is a buy day. Tomorrow may be a sell day. As the wheels turn

it's not even noon yet, the sell-off could correct itself a bit by the end of today.

Bury your head.

it's not even noon yet, the sell-off could correct itself a bit by the end of today.

Oh hell it dropped 800 once before on trade/tariff talk and roared back. Fckn left loses their minds over this shit.

Bury your head.

Oh hell it dropped 800 once before on trade/tariff talk and roared back. Fckn left loses their minds over this shit.

The market is not the economy.

why don't they?

The market is not the economy.

I responded to a market post you annoying jackass

Bury your head.

I never argued it currently isn't. The argument is the rest of the world is on a path where it wont be forever.
based on what? link

why don't they?

They do and will.. That's how it works is it not? When one market closes, another opens.

China bought produce from us because that was one of the few options to lessen a trade imbalance.

Other places will fill the void.

Here we go again! Why is it when the economy kicks ass, it's all because of Obama. But what about today, the DOW is sinking as we speak (well, its about 10:50am now)
Is is still Obama's economy today?
:1peleas:
Two previous dips it was Trumps.

A few days later it was Obama’s again.

why don't they?

They do and will.. That's how it works is it not? When one market closes, another opens.

China bought produce from us because that was one of the few options to lessen a trade imbalance.

well where are these countries today?

Bury your head.

of course not. Eventually there will be a world currency. Until then, the dollar will be the standard until long after we are both compost. It is one of the ironies of global warming. The more people try to move away from oil (and the dollar) the more they need the dollar to be the touchstone currency because what else is there.

Bury your head.

based on what? link

Which countries are dumping the dollar and why?

Bury your head.

based on what? link

Which countries are dumping the dollar and why?
you're confused, which part in that link back your claim, quote if for me.

why don't they?

well where are these countries today?

Buying up US farmland like there is no tomorrow. Of course china wants to bankrupt US farms---it will make it much cheaper for them to buy them.

Forum List

Back