Oh Nooo! The DOW Is Tanking !!,So Who's Economy Is It Today? Obama Or Trump ?

Here we go again! Why is it when the economy kicks ass, it's all because of Obama. But what about today, the DOW is sinking as we speak (well, its about 10:50am now)
Is is still Obama's economy today?
:1peleas:
The DJI was up 300 points and then Trump sent a tweet about more tariffs...it is down 1000 points since then
Sounds like you're saying that it's Trump"s fault, because of what he did.
But, when Trump does something that makes the market go up, it's Obama's economy.
Can't have it both ways and this is a good example of how stupid the left is.

When the market goes up, It's Trump's economy.
When the economy goes down, it's Trump's economy.
That's how the right sees it.

I will give you 10 bucks for every post you can find from me giving Obama credit for either the economy or the stock market.

Here is my view, since I am neither left nor right...the president has can fuck things up or they can get the hell out of the way and let the markets do their own thing. They are never a positive influence...either negative or neutral is all.

I haven't looked at individual stocks but this is due to China devaluing the yuan. It is an interesting move as far as the trade war but I am not sure it is going to help them 6 months from now when they are in the dead of winter and need food unless they are also going to be liquidating their treasuries.
Dream on

Here we go again! Why is it when the economy kicks ass, it's all because of Obama. But what about today, the DOW is sinking as we speak (well, its about 10:50am now)
The DJI was up 300 points and then Trump sent a tweet about more tariffs...it is down 1000 points since then
But, when Trump does something that makes the market go up, it's Obama's economy.

I will give you 10 bucks for every post you can find from me giving Obama credit for either the economy or the stock market.

Here is my view, since I am neither left nor right...the president has can fuck things up or they can get the hell out of the way and let the markets do their own thing. They are never a positive influence...either negative or neutral is all.
Have you actually looked at the 10 year history?
Gradual increase.

I guess you were just doing a baiting, post, then. Because what you posted sure sounded like you were inferring.

I guess you were just doing a baiting, post, then. Because what you posted sure sounded like you were inferring.

As I said the President can fuck things up and that is what Trump did with his tweet. 500 points in 30 minutes lost after his tweet.

Allow me.
The booming economy is thanks to Trump:
  • Almost Perfect Employment Rate
  • Booming GDP
  • Jobs still being added
  • Trade deals being corrected
This is all Trump.

The stock market is none of those things. The stock market can never be viewed as a snapshot in time. It has its occasional dips and corrections. A bad day in the market means nothing.

Your perfect employment rate falls on 90% Dem states, the large Dem states. No upswing in rural areas Too bad ,,,so sad

Rural employment is rising slowly and always lags urban.

sorry sassy
Twelve are megacities (and their extended suburbs): Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco and Washington.

Another 13 are high-growth hubs in smaller cities: Austin, Charlotte, Denver, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Portland (Ore.), Raleigh, San Antonio, San Jose, Seattle, and Tampa.

Smaller, fast-growing cities and a few privileged rural counties will also add jobs, while vast swaths of the South, Midwest and Plains will lose jobs. The New York metro area, home to 20 million people, added more jobs over the past year than all the small towns and rural areas — with 46 million people — did combined.

Trump’s appeal to the despairing
Anyone who’s been paying attention to the political map will recognize that the growth is mostly occurring in places that vote for Democrats, while the stagnation is mostly in places that vote for Republicans.

Trump has appealed to those who are the most fearful, the most resentful and the most despairing, but the situation hasn’t gotten any better since his election. Rural America is older, sicker, poorer and more dependent upon state aid than it was before.

Trump due to trade war that almost every single financier told him not to do. Hard to understand ?

Part of this is tariffs and part of it is Wall Street wants even lower rates. They are addicted. If the economy was even half as good as people claim, the addiction would be satisfied.

The market has been dOnnie's for a while now, it rises and falls based on his tweets. It also has little to no relationship to the real economy, which doesn't flip-flop like a schizophrenic on a daily basis

and that's how this dem sees it too and his 10% tariff tweet got us 767 down in the dow and this follows other horrible days. China is just giving it back to the bully They won't take the crap trump has gotten away with all his life

If you're going to panic about day to day fluctuations in the market. you are not intelligent enough to comment on the market

and that's how this dem sees it too and his 10% tariff tweet got us 767 down in the dow and this follows other horrible days. China is just giving it back to the bully They won't take the crap trump has gotten away with all his life
Trump got away with? What about what China got away with?

As I said the President can fuck things up and that is what Trump did with his tweet. 500 points in 30 minutes lost after his tweet.
Consider it a buying opportunity like I have, GG. The economy is strong enough and this is temporary.

As far as I'm concerned, the moment the office changes hands, it's the new guy's economy... along with everything else.

Yes they have too but NEITHER country will want to look bad in the process We need a mutual agreement where they both can win and I don't think Trump has that in him

Yes they have too but NEITHER country will want to look bad in the process We need a mutual agreement where they both can win and I don't think Trump has that in him
Not sure about that, Ed, I think Trump is a negotiator, I'm not sure that China is willing to bend.

If you're going to panic about day to day fluctuations in the market. you are not intelligent enough to comment on the market

Fine, let's talk about the overall performance for the last 560 days since the start of the trade war.

The NASDAQ has grown 8.51%.
The DJI has shrunk by 1.35%
The S&P has grown 1.23%
The SmallCap 2000 has shrunk 6.91%.

How do those numbers look to you?

Forum List

Back