Ohio&Pa- HIGHEST jobless rates in nation- LIBRUL UTOPIA!

Okay, I'll answer. Of the five major carriers in the US, AA is 4th largest. In 2005 they we're the largest, in the world. And from 2005 thru 2011, here's the growth in passengers of the top 4 carriers:

Delta Air Lines ... 90.49%
United Airlines ... 112.54%
Southwest Airlines ... 53.06%
American Airlines ... 8.14%
But what’s compelling about the American story is that the carrier is in Chapter 11, following in the footsteps of United (2002), US Airways (2002 and 2004), Delta (2005)

Don't get hung up on #4 AA when #1 Delta and #2 United also went through Chapter 11.

I won't fly United or Delta unless it's necessary. Jet Blue is tops in my experience. SW ain't too bad either.

Don't assume that the people of OH and PA wanted jobs. What they wanted was more benefits. That's what they voted for.

No, not really. I live in PA, and I didn't want Obama back in office. If you look at the state map, almost every county is red. It's Philly and Pittsburgh that overrode the rest of the state. All the rest of us are just stuck with their choices. My county went red, as did the majority of them.

2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com

You mean counties like Potter County, with a population of 17,000?

LOL

Yeah, those people who don't need to depend on government, they're self reliant, the ones that would be lol-ing at the urban people who couldn't survive on their own if their lives depended on it.

No, not really. I live in PA, and I didn't want Obama back in office. If you look at the state map, almost every county is red. It's Philly and Pittsburgh that overrode the rest of the state. All the rest of us are just stuck with their choices. My county went red, as did the majority of them.

LOL

Yeah, those people who don't need to depend on government, they're self reliant, the ones that would be lol-ing at the urban people who couldn't survive on their own if their lives depended on it.

Hahahahaha. Apparently ya'll ain't spent too much time in Amarillo. Pretty densely-populated with folks that are low-paid and near or over the edge, and thus it, like many cities in TX, has government services, too. Check it out (merely one example) ...

Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS)

LOL

they play a hell of a banjo too

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8]Dueling Banjos Deliverance - YouTube[/ame]

LOL

Hahahahaha. Apparently ya'll ain't spent too much time in Amarillo. Pretty densely-populated with folks that are low-paid and near or over the edge, and thus it, like many cities in TX, has government services, too. Check it out (merely one example) ...

What does Amirillo have to do with my statement? It's not a rural area.

Ref: Potter County

Again, I ask what Amirillo has to do with my statement? You do realize that his reference to Potter County was Potter County Pennsylvania?

Potter County, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Potter County is a county located in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It is in the Allegheny Plateau region. As of 2010, the population was 17,457. Its county seat is Coudersport.[1] Potter County was named after James Potter, who was a general from Pennsylvania in the Continental Army during the American Revolution. Though it is named for him, James Potter never actually lived in Potter County and may have never even visited the area.

The population density was 17 people per square mile (6/km²)

Amarillo, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amarillo /æməˈrɪlɵ/ is the fourteenth most populous city in the state of Texas, the largest in the Texas Panhandle, and the seat of Potter County.[3] A portion of the city extends into Randall County. The population was 190,695 at the 2010 census (105,486 in Potter County, and 85,209 in Randall). The Amarillo metropolitan area has an estimated population of 236,113 in four counties.

The population density was 1,932.1 per square mile (746.0/km2).

Again, I ask what Amirillo has to do with my statement? You do realize that his reference to Potter County was Potter County Pennsylvania?

Potter County is a county located in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It is in the Allegheny Plateau region. As of 2010, the population was 17,457. Its county seat is Coudersport.[1] Potter County was named after James Potter, who was a general from Pennsylvania in the Continental Army during the American Revolution. Though it is named for him, James Potter never actually lived in Potter County and may have never even visited the area.

The population density was 17 people per square mile (6/km²)

Amarillo /æməˈrɪlɵ/ is the fourteenth most populous city in the state of Texas, the largest in the Texas Panhandle, and the seat of Potter County.[3] A portion of the city extends into Randall County. The population was 190,695 at the 2010 census (105,486 in Potter County, and 85,209 in Randall). The Amarillo metropolitan area has an estimated population of 236,113 in four counties.

Gotcha. Other Potter County. I stand corrected, and apolgize for being Texas-centric, having lived in the Great State for a while.

Meanwhile, the assertion that folks there are somehow unique and not in need of government services is absurd on its face: Potter County = Government, as all counties are.

Gotcha. Other Potter County. I stand corrected, and apolgize for being Texas-centric, having lived in the Great State for a while.

Meanwhile, the assertion that folks there are somehow unique and not in need of government services is absurd on its face: Potter County = Government, as all counties are.

I didn't say they didn't need some government services, but the needs are very minimal. If everything crashed tomorrow, trust me, these people would survive and thrive. I'd rather be in the country than in the city if we saw economic collapse. You can see what's happening right now in New York and New Jersey, government isn't helping these people, they have to help themselves and each other.

I didn't say they didn't need some government services, but the needs are very minimal. If everything crashed tomorrow, trust me, these people would survive and thrive. I'd rather be in the country than in the city if we saw economic collapse. You can see what's happening right now in New York and New Jersey, government isn't helping these people, they have to help themselves and each other.

Gotcha. Minimal in what way? Have you some data on that, which you can source or recall from memory?

Gotcha. Minimal in what way? Have you some data on that, which you can source or recall from memory?

I base that on the fact that rural always goes red, they don't need government assistance and they want government smaller and out of their lives. People who hold those principles aren't relying on the government to live. Also, personal observation. ;)

I base that on the fact that rural always goes red, they don't need government assistance and they want government smaller and out of their lives. People who hold those principles aren't relying on the government to live. Also, personal observation. ;)

Fine. Where's your causal relationship? (tip: personal observation = anecdotal = meaningless) ;) ;)

Fine. Where's your causal relationship? (tip: personal observation = anecdotal = meaningless) ;) ;)

Personal experience typically beats out every other experience that I know. :lol:

I have family that live very rurally, own 20+ acres of land, they're certainly not wealthy by any standard, they struggle, they live meekly, they would probably be approved for assistance, but they'd never apply for it since they want no part of it. Typically people who live rural don't feel that they are owed anything by anyone, they understand the value of hard work, and have pride in surviving on their own. Pretty much every rural county in this country went red in the elections. ;) It's the urban people that need government.

Personal experience typically beats out every other experience that I know. :lol:

I have family that live very rurally, own 20+ acres of land, they're certainly not wealthy by any standard, they struggle, they live meekly, they would probably be approved for assistance, but they'd never apply for it since they want no part of it. Typically people who live rural don't feel that they are owed anything by anyone, they understand the value of hard work, and have pride in surviving on their own. Pretty much every rural county in this country went red in the elections. ;) It's the urban people that need government.

Gotcha. I like Brasilain beans french-roasted by Camano Island Roasters and think Strabuck's Coffee is pretty marginal. So I can assume others do, too, ya think?

Gotcha. I like Brasilain beans french-roasted by Camano Island Roasters and think Strabuck's Coffee is pretty marginal. So I can assume others do, too, ya think?

It's not my assumption that rural counties went red my friend. ;)

rural areas do go red.

but it has zero to do with self-sufficiency... that's simply a lie.

red states take more from the feds than they put in.

blue states put in more than they take.

major fail

Correct; it's that they by default are more independant and self-sufficient, based solely on your perception and personal experience.

Thus not too convincing. Do better.

LOL

lol...I live on the west side of Pa and the idea you people in the red parts dont get help is absurd. Also i hate this state. You have one of the most fucked up methods of dealing with driving Id's and tickets.

Im from Boston and their DMV and Id laws are not this fucked up.

LOL

lol...I live on the west side of Pa and the idea you people in the red parts dont get help is absurd. Also i hate this state. You have one of the most fucked up methods of dealing with driving Id's and tickets.

Im from Boston and their DMV and Id laws are not this fucked up.

So do I, how do you explain that they're conservative and believe in conservative principles, i.e. vote conservative? If they were pro government handout, and survivng on said handouts, they'd be voting democrat.

Correct; it's that they by default are more independant and self-sufficient, based solely on your perception and personal experience.

Thus not too convincing. Do better.

Why do they vote conservative, or what appears to be conservative? It can be shown that welfare recipients and those who depend on government for their livelihood vote democrat. They've been so lied to by democrats that their subsistence will be taken away from them that they're very loyal democrat voters.

Forum List

Back