Oil companies right now have 9,000 leases they can drill on. Why are they not drilling?

1. Leases does not mean you can drill, you also need "permits". Greens take companies to court to stop getting permits. Biden's admin is on the greens side in court. That's why drilling is less.

2. You not only need to drill, you also need pipelines. Biden won't allow new pipelines.

3. Biden is a pedo and a liar.
You need refining capacity which, at the moment is down 5 refineries. You can drill till hell freezes over, but not enough refineries, not enough gas.
Just wait until a hurricane shuts some of whats left down.Think it's bad now?

There's a video running around showing the CEO of Flying J testifying before congress (and providing evidence) concerning exactly what I have related.
A simple DDG or Google search ought to pop it right up.
It's pretty much an easy search.
So easy why don't you link it? What a stupid comment!

And we're not doing that
Yes we are. We’re not doing it blAtantly and obviously but we are doing it. We are shutting down fossil fuel fed generation stations and restricting more and more fossil fuel exploration right now, before we have the infrastructure to replace it.

Yes we are. We’re not doing it blAtantly and obviously but we are doing it. We are shutting down fossil fuel fed generation stations and restricting more and more fossil fuel exploration right now, before we have the infrastructure to replace it.
"We" are not doing that (the people/government)

Private companies are doing that where it is happening

"We" are not doing that (the people/government)

You lie, this all stems from Biden/Dems war on fossil fuels. Biden came right out and said so, it's on video. Joe Biden, "Look into my eyes, I guarantee I will end fossil fuels". There you have it and within hours of taking the oath of office Biden got right to work ending fossil fuels.

Spin and lie all you want, we have Biden and Dems on tape. Good luck with lying this Nov when Dems get wiped out in the midterm elections.

If ever there was a time to dump Big Oil
Today is that time
Today huh?

You think things would be better without all these items today?

List of products made from Petroleum (6000 items). One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like: Although the major use of petroleum is as a fuel, (gasoline, jet fuel, heating oil), and petroleum and natural gas are often used to generate electricity, there are many other uses.

Here are some of the ways petroleum is used in our every day lives. All plastic is made from petroleum and plastic is used almost everywhere: in cars, houses, toys, computers and clothing. Asphalt used in road construction is a petroleum product as is the synthetic rubber in the tires. Paraffin wax comes from petroleum, as do fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, detergents, phonograph records, photographic film, furniture, packaging materials, surfboards, paints, and artificial fibers used in clothing, upholstery, and carpet backing. Solvents Diesel Motor Oil Bearing Grease Ink Floor Wax Ballpoint Pens Football Cleats Upholstery Sweaters Boats Insecticides Bicycle Tires Sports Car Bodies Nail Polish Fishing lures Dresses Tires Golf Bags Perfumes Cassettes Dishwasher Tool Boxes Shoe Polish Motorcycle Helmet Caulking Petroleum Jelly Transparent Tape CD Player Faucet Washers Antiseptics Clothesline Curtains Food Preservatives Basketballs Soap Vitamin Capsules Antihistamines Purses Shoes Dashboards Cortisone Deodorant Footballs Putty Dyes Panty Hose Refrigerant Percolators Life Jackets Rubbing Alcohol Linings Skis TV Cabinets Shag Rugs Electrician's Tape Tool Racks Car Battery Cases Epoxy Paint Mops Slacks Insect Repellent Oil Filters Umbrellas Yarn Fertilizers Hair Coloring Roofing Toilet Seats Fishing Rods Lipstick Denture Adhesive Linoleum Ice Cube Trays Synthetic Rubber Speakers Plastic Wood Electric Blankets Glycerin Tennis Rackets Rubber Cement Fishing Boots Dice Nylon Rope Candles Trash Bags House Paint Water Pipes Hand Lotion Roller Skates Surf Boards Shampoo Wheels Paint Rollers Shower Curtains Guitar Strings Luggage Aspirin Safety Glasses Antifreeze Football Helmets Awnings Eyeglasses Clothes Toothbrushes Ice Chests Footballs Combs CD's Paint Brushes Detergents Vaporizers Balloons Sun Glasses Tents Heart Valves Crayons Parachutes Telephones Enamel Pillows Dishes Cameras Anesthetics Artificial Turf Artificial limbs Bandages Dentures Model Cars Folding Doors Hair Curlers Cold cream Movie film Soft Contact lenses Drinking Cups Fan Belts Car Enamel Shaving Cream Ammonia Refrigerators Golf Balls Toothpaste Gasoline Ink Dishwashing liquids Paint brushes Telephones Toys Unbreakable dishes Insecticides Antiseptics Dolls Car sound insulation Fishing lures Deodorant Tires Motorcycle helmets Linoleum Sweaters Tents Refrigerator linings Paint rollers Floor wax Shoes Electrician's tape Plastic wood Model cars Glue Roller-skate wheels Trash bags Soap dishes Skis Permanent press clothes Hand lotion Clothesline Dyes Soft contact lenses Shampoo Panty hose Cameras Food preservatives Fishing rods Oil filters Combs Transparent tape Anesthetics Upholstery Dice Disposable diapers TV cabinets Cassettes Mops Sports car bodies Salad bowls House paint Purses Electric blankets Awnings Ammonia Dresses Car battery cases Safety glass Hair curlers Pajamas Synthetic rubber VCR tapes Eyeglasses Pillows Vitamin capsules Movie film Ice chests Candles Rubbing alcohol Loudspeakers Ice buckets Boats Ice cube trays Credit cards Fertilizers Crayons Insect repellent Water pipes Toilet seats Caulking Roofing shingles Fishing boots Life jackets Balloons Shower curtains Garden hose Golf balls Curtains Plywood adhesive Umbrellas Detergents Milk jugs Beach umbrellas Rubber cement Sun glasses Putty Faucet washers Cold cream Bandages Tool racks Antihistamines Hair coloring Nail polish Slacks Drinking cups Guitar strings False teeth Yarn Petroleum jelly Toothpaste Golf bags Roofing Tennis rackets Toothbrushes Perfume Luggage Wire insulation Folding doors Shoe polish Fan belts Ballpoint pens Shower doors Cortisone Carpeting Artificial turf Heart valves LP records Lipstick Artificial limbs Hearing aids Vaporizers Aspirin Shaving cream Wading pools Parachutes Americans consume petroleum products at a rate of three-and-a-half gallons of oil and more than 250 cubic feet of natural gas per day each!

It takes more than a lease to produce a marketable commodity. A lot more.

My brother in law has oil on his propertry and an agreement with an oil company to extract it. However, it is not economical for extraction. Mostly because of the stupid government regulations the oil comapny has to adhere to to get it to market. The government regulations are the problem. Problems that were significantly less when Trump was President.

The Democrat filth is using that as an excuse to cover up for all the other things they are doing to kiss the ass of the Envionmental wackos to drive up the cost of fossil fuels, like they said they would do.

They don't have enough crews for one thing.

I'm not putting it at the feet of the crackdown on illegal immigrants but that certainly didn't help. Also, having a lease on the books is not an indication of it being, to borrow an Obama term..."shovel ready".

I'm sure the profit motive has something to do with it. But it's not a simple money grab.

I agree. Crews are a huge problem right now. I don't work on the field side but I do see the crew shortage when I do go out to the rigs. Also, you can't just turn on 500 new rigs and instant production.

Why are all democrats so dumb? It used to be only some of them. Now all of them are the dumbest of all humans. They don't research or look into specifics of anything. It's sad.

Any Mexican that wants to come to the US legitimately

You ignored the core part of my argument as to why and how oil companies are at a minimum, not being helped by the Biden-Harris administration.

I am not a defender of the Oil companies. I am a defender of a strong economy. Pushing policy that has a negative impact on the price of oil in the absence of a viable alternative to oil hurts the economy.

Accelerate viable alternatives to oil through investment and incentives. Try and incentivize the oil industry into becoming alternative energy partners. Twenty years ago, telecom companies were afraid to embrace voice over IP communications because they did not want to hurt their long distance minutes revenue streams. Viable alternatives pushed them to embrace alternatives.

Indies are drilling all they can which is why rig counts are way up' but since the glut left little need for equipment, it's hard to get now, and with big oil, including the frackers, all taking profits there is not enough demand for the equipment manufacturers to feel like ramping up the factories. Even pipe is scarce. The indies are also having trouble finding financing as well, so the current rig counts are probably near peak for next few months. And in any case we're still getting Russian oil, we just get it via India and other sources after it changes ownership once or twice. Russia is exporting as much as it was before the invasion.

Attachments

• 5i5npnr4ea601.jpg
    5i5npnr4ea601.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 8
Private electricity generators are not shutting down their coal, nuclear or natural gas power plants because they WANT to. They’re being forced to by the regulators and/or government.

Private oil production companies are responding to the Government saying it wants to end their industry permanently. By slowing/removing production they show everyone what it will be like if we further restrict or remove their products from the market. They absolutely have that right to take profits and resist access as a reaction to government policy.

Forum List

Back