OK folks All 275,913,237 vehicles registered in the U.S. in 2020 become EVs as 37.9 million trucks become EVs

Maybe you should not be answering for OKfine. That was your mistake.
but my answer never even implied I wanted to buy a boat,, your emotions just wouldnt let you see that,,,

although if I was a fresh water fishing fanatic an electric would be a good option to sneak up on quiet areas,,

1663189595447.png

Did the horse go away immediately when Henry built his first Quadricycle in 1896?
Did the government ban horse and buggy to promote ICE or did they allow the marketplace to dictate? Does that answer your question? Additionally, CA which is a state on the leading edge of this push to ban ICE, is discouraging charging EVs between the hours of 3 and 7 pm now. What are they going to do when 38MM Californians are wanting to charge their EVs? Short sighted.

but my answer never even implied I wanted to buy a boat,, your emotions just wouldnt let you see that,,,

although if I was a fresh water fishing fanatic an electric would be a good option to sneak up on quiet areas,,
I don't have emotions, I am a man. I have arguments about facts.

You chimed in on my discussion with OKfine about buying an EV boat when I was in the process of telling him how impractical they are for serious boaters. So whether you wanted a boat or not, that was my discussion with him. You seemed to be arguing for EV boats. I think it's your emotions that got the best of you when you made yourself part of that conversation.

EVs have their place. Maybe small lakes where you don't have to cover a lot of ground. I think like an electric bass boat would work. If you wanted to do anything more with it like commercial fishing or charter boats, I think that's where you would get into issues.

Last edited:
Did the government ban horse and buggy to promote ICE or did they allow the marketplace to dictate? Does that answer your question? Additionally, CA which is a state on the leading edge of this push to ban ICE, is discouraging charging EVs between the hours of 3 and 7 pm now. What are they going to do when 38MM Californians are wanting to charge their EVs? Short sighted.
Forced conversion to EVs is unsustainable.

---------------------------------------------------------

Whew, a lotta angst over plugging in a car, or so it seems.

I would suggest that not ALL of the millions of ICE cars/trucks now in existence will be required to flip the switch in a month. Or a year. Or a couple of decades.

Notably, and as sort of a clue: Did the horse go away immediately when Henry built his first Quadricycle in 1896?
Also notably, when he built that vehicle did Mobil, Shell, BP, Speedway, etc. have the nation ...most of the world really....serviced with nearby 'gas stations'?
Was NAPA or AutoZone and their like nearby when Henry was starting a revolution?

So be patient. It is a big deal. A BIG friggin' deal that will take decades, maybe generations to be widely common.....if ever.

Calm the hysteria. Your smart-phone didn't just show up on a Saturday.....and everybody was connected most everywhere on Monday. These things take time.

Peace. ✌️
Where's the money going to come from?

I don't have emotions, I am a man. I have arguments about facts.

You chimed in on my discussion with OKfine about buying an EV boat when I was in the process of telling him how impractical they are for serious boaters. So whether you wanted a boat or not, that was my discussion with him. You seemed to be arguing for EV boats. I think it's your emotions that got the best of you when you made yourself part of that conversation.

EVs have their place. Maybe small lakes where you don't have to cover a lot of ground. I think like an electric bass boat would work. If you wanted to do anything more with it like commercial fishing or charter boats, I think that's where you would get into issues.
from what you say about ev boats you must have owned several to know all that stuff about them,,

what models have you owned and for how long??

Forum List

Back