OK folks All 275,913,237 vehicles registered in the U.S. in 2020 become EVs as 37.9 million trucks become EVs

You take a spare can of gas.... can't take a spare can of voltage.
its called a battery or generator,,

and of course you could do like gas drivers do and dont go beyond your range,,,

keep in mind I do agree with the OP and never being able to do away with gas and go full electric,, but electric has its place for a lot of people and regions,,

KKKalifornia Gov Brylcreem hasn't approved any additional power plants to keep up with going full electric................and they are having rolling blackouts now like they do every summer.
A classic study of the Stockholm Syndrome. The hair god tells them the beatings will stop when they get a better attitude. :laughing0301:

I LITERALLY would rather live in N. Korea.... no joke.

keep in mind I do agree with the OP and never being able to do away with gas and go full electric,, but electric has its place for a lot of people and regions,,
What does the generator run on? ;)

I'm just messing with you. The whole EV scheme is juvenile as fuck and obviously planned by substandard units that have never worked a day in their lives. They're just trying to get their fair share of the grift.

What does the generator run on? ;)

I'm just messing with you. The whole EV scheme is juvenile as fuck and obviously planned by substandard units that have never worked a day in their lives. They're just trying to get their fair share of the grift.
as I said,, there are many good uses for ev's one big one I can think of is the los angles basin in the 70's that was nothing but smog in the air due to the geography of the area,,

theres a place but never a full replacement,,

so theres no difference,, got it,,
No ding bat, there is a huge difference. Have you ever owned a boat? Ever been out on a big lake like Lake Erie?

Do you now how much power it takes to move a volume of water?

Do you think just because the best EVs rolling on 4 wheels with very little resistance can get a max of 300-500 miles on a paved road somehow equals that kind of range in a boat?

Are you insane?

And the battery packs have to be so big it takes 3-10 hours to charge them. You gonna go fishing all day like that? Take a trip down The Mississippi with a boat that maybe gets only 100 nautical miles of range at best?

IF EV Boats are so great then why aren't commercial fishing operations using them? No range.

To get any kind of range with an Electric Boat the costs go up astronomically. And you have to replace the battery packs if lucky every 5-10 years. 10 years is extreme, and no way should you wait that long, and the battery pack replacement is extremely expensive and almost can equal half to almost as much as the boat itself.

If you have $500.000 laying around, go for it. Make sure you have another $250,000 laying around 5-10 years later to keep your fantasy boat on the water.

I can buy a gasoline or diesel powered boat at 1/4 of the cost that will out range and out perform your EV over time in cost and maintenance. Initially they are cool and cheap to operate but still impractical. After that new boat smell wears off, you will be sorry.

Now EVs are quiet and good for fishing which is a Pro. They do not initially cost a lot for maintenance and operation. But you are limited in range, and once the boat gets older you are going to be flushing money down the toilet to replace batteries, and you have to do this in a boat because you can't just pull over to the side of the road and call AAA.

Boats are way different than a car, because you can't really die in a car if you run out of gas. If you are out on Erie during a big storm and your EV boat loses power for any reason, you will sink and then you will die.

Last edited:
No ding bat, there is a huge difference. Have you ever owned a boat? Ever been out on a big lake like Lake Erie?

Do you now how much power it takes to move a volume of water?

Do you think just because the best EVs rolling on 4 wheels with very little resistance can get a max of 300-500 miles on a paved road somehow equals that kind of range in a boat?

Are you insane?

And the battery packs have to be so big it takes 3-10 hours to charge them. You gonna go fishing all day like that? Take a trip down The Mississippi with a boat that maybe gets only 100 nautical miles or range at best?

To get any kind of range with an Electric Boat the costs go up astronomically. And you have to replace the battery packs if lucky every 5-10 years. 10 years is extreme and the battery pack replacement is extremely expensive and almost can equal half to almost as much as the boat itself.

If you have $500.000 laying around, go for it. Make sure you have another $250,000 laying around 5-10 years later to keep your fantasy boat on the water.

I can buy a gasoline or diesel powered boat at 1/4 of the cost that will out range and out perform your EV over time in cost and maintenance.

Now EVs are quiet and good for fishing. They do not initially cost a lot for maintenance and operation. But you are limited in range, and once the boat gets older you are going to be flushing money down the toilet to replace batteries, and you have to do this in a boat because you can't just pull over to the side of the road and call AAA.
are you saying ev drivers are not smart enough to not drive beyond their range??

lake erie isnt the only lake on the planet,,,

I wonder if your anti electric stance goes to battery powered tools??
they have the same problem just a smaller scale,,,

Indeed, electric does have it's place in rail and metropolitan transit, but that is not battery powered vehicles. Generation of electricity requires fossil fuels for it to be reasonable and economic.
What the Greenies fail to realize is that mining for the critical metals for the manufacture of lithium batteries damages the environment.
Additionally the manufacture and use of wind power is also bad for the environment. It creates waste, kills birds and interferes with hearing and air traffic.

**********​

are you saying ev drivers are not smart enough to not drive beyond their range??

lake erie isnt the only lake on the planet,,,

I wonder if your anti electric stance goes to battery powered tools??
they have the same problem just a smaller scale,,,
So you are just assuming....that the only reason an EV will run out of power is because they exhaust the range? How about a miscalculation for 50% of the range, and you can't make it all the way back because of a headwind? EVS have no reserve tank like a petro boat does.

I have seen experienced Captains even in a petro powered boat for instance forget to fill up their reserve tank because they were distracted and did not do their usual pre voyage check list. Maybe they have guests. People make mistakes.

Then they are out go to switch to the reserve tank and oops. So yah someone with an EV boat maybe thought they have a full charge on their batteries, or the meter is faulty, or how about water getting in places it doesn't belong. Lot's of things can happen with boats. More things can happen with EV boats....like the batteries draining quicker than you expected. Boats are almost like airplanes with regards to safety precautions you should take especially if you boat on big lakes or the ocean. It's serious business. People die when they make mistakes.

I am not anti electric. I think EVs are cool. But they are impractical and should NEVER be considered as a replacement for the combustion engine.

Not to crap on your dream of an EV boat, but honestly the Global Warming Green Energy Horse Shit is nothing but Propaganda and Marketing.

If you want one, know the risks going in, but don't buy one because of marketing ploys and a sales pitch and because it makes you feel like you are saving the planet.

The planet is just fine without you.

Indeed, electric does have it's place in rail and metropolitan transit, but that is not battery powered vehicles. Generation of electricity requires fossil fuels for it to be reasonable and economic.
What the Greenies fail to realize is that mining for the critical metals for the manufacture of lithium batteries damages the environment.
Additionally the manufacture and use of wind power is also bad for the environment. It creates waste, kills birds and interferes with hearing and air traffic.

**********​
in my case and many other people electric is a great option since I can set up a small solar system and never have to pay for transportation again,,,

my car sits about 22 hrs a day and can be charged while sitting there as long as the sun is there or I have a battery pack,,

the new priuse's have a electric only mode and can run on electric or be switched back over to hybrid with a 40 mile range,, thats within the range of the majority of people in the country,,

So you are just assuming....that the only reason an EV will run out of power is because they exhaust the range? How about a miscalculation for 50% of the range, and you can't make it all the way back because of a headwind? EVS have no reserve tank like a petro boat does.

I have seen experienced Captains even in a petro powered boat for instance forget to fill up their reserve tank because they were distracted and did not do their usual pre voyage check list. Then go to switch to reserve tank and oops. So yah someone with an EV boat maybe though they have a full charge on their batteries, or the meter is faulty, or how about water getting in places it doesn't belong. Lot's of things can happen with boats. They are almost like airplanes especially if you boat on big lakes or the ocean. It's serious business. People die when they make mistakes.

I am not anti electric. I think EVs are cool. But they are impractical and should NEVER be considered as a replacement for the combustion engine.

Not to crap on your dream of an EV boat, but honestly the Global Warming Green Energy Horse Shit is nothing but Propaganda and Marketing.

If you want one, know the risks going in, but don't buy one because of marketing ploys and a sales pitch and because it makes you feel like you are saving the planet.

The planet is just fine without you.
your problem is youre trying to argue from a political stance instead of a tech stance,,,

I said several times they are not a replacement so why are you still crying like a little bitch??

your problem is youre trying to argue from a political stance instead of a tech stance,,,

I said several times they are not a replacement so why are you still crying like a little bitch??
They aren't a replacement, so you are a fool if you want one to replace a perfectly fine petro powered boat.

I work in the technology business, and have been an avid boater for 40 years.

Your problem is that you believe the horse shit in the brochures, and the propaganda the Green Energy Crowd is selling.

But go ahead and keep killing little kids in Africa mining your Cobalt, and poisoning entire Ecosystems with Cyanide and Lithium used to make EVs and Green Energy Products.

Drive your little prius, and your EV boat for all I care. We will just laugh at you as we pass you by.

They aren't a replacement, so you are a fool if you want one to replace a perfectly fine petro powered boat.

I work in the technology business, and have been an avid boater for 40 years.

Your problem is that you believe the horse shit in the brochures, and the propaganda the Green Energy Crowd is selling.

But go ahead and keep killing little kids in Africa mining your Cobalt, and poisoning entire Ecosystems with Cyanide and Lithium used to make EVs and Green Energy Products.

Drive your little prius, and your EV boat for all I care. We will just laugh at you as we pass you by.
you may want to go back and read my comments more slowly,,,
your emotions are causing you to ignore words and their meanings,,,

youre all emotion and why youre whining like a little bitch,,,
Whining about what? You can do what you want with your money.
All I was telling you is that you better think twice about it.
I sorta would like a Tesla, but would only buy an S model.
But there are Cons associated with EVs that you have to be prepared to be able to handle.

You can go out and buy a Tesla S for about $105,000.
Or you can go an buy a Bad ASS Corvette for the same.

You know what you cannot do or should not do?
Buy a used Tesla S unless the battery pack has been completely replaced.

I was looking at a sweet Supercharged 2016 Corvette Stingray for just $54,000 with only 6,000 miles on it.

Would you buy a 2016 Tesla S the same model year knowing that you might have to plunk down an extra $20,000 to replace the battery pack?

Would you buy say a 2019 Shelby Cobra over a 2019 Tesla?

What would you actually enjoy driving more?

EVs are cool, but come on man, they really are just a fad or an impractical toy. Not a bad idea, has a niche market, but there are huge hidden costs with EVs.

Anyone saying they want to abolish petro fuels is lying to you and playing on your gullibilites.

There is no Global Warming and the planet has clean water and plenty of clean air, especially in The US.

Last edited:
Whining about what? You can do what you want with your money.
All I was telling you is that you better think twice about it.
I sorta would like a Tesla, but would only buy an S model.
But there are Cons associated with EVs that you have to be prepared to be able to handle.

You can go out and buy a Tesla S for about $105,000.
Or you can go an buy a Corvette for the same.

You know what you cannot do or should not do?
Buy a used Tesla S unless the battery pack has been completely replaced.

I was looking at a sweet Supercharged 2016 Corvette Stingray for just $54,000 with only 6,000 miles on it.

Would you buy a 2016 Tesla S the same model year knowing that you might have to plunk down an extra $20,000 to replace the battery pack?

Would you buy say a 2019 Shelby Cobra over a 2019 Tesla?

What would you actually enjoy driving more?

EVs are cool, but come on man, they really are just a fad.

Anyone saying they want to abolish petro fuels is lying to you and playing on your gullibilites.

There is no Global Warming and the planet has clean water and clean air, especially in The US.
I never said different,, and if you put your emotions in check you would have seen that,,,

I never said different,, and if you put your emotions in check you would have seen that,,,
What kind of EV boat do you want? Do you even know? Some of them are pretty cool, I admit.
Are you a pleasure boater or more serious frequent boater?

I could see having an EV boat if I didn't run the darn thing every day, or a few times a week.

I could never see say a Charter Boat Captain ever want an EV. They got no time to wait 3-10 hours for a charge. 3 hours is with a massive supercharger. That is the best they can do for such big battery packs and most places aren't going to have those kind of charger. I know. Been to all kinds of Marinas. Most have NO CHARGERS. A Charter Boat has to make money with the boat, use it every day and go out with clients several times a day. No way could they use an EV for that.

If you just want to show off for a couple hours here and there with your EV, fine, but if you do any serious boating, that is not going to work for you.

I could see someone use one on a small lake that was just a weekend warrior. An EV probably perfectly fine for that, until the batteries got old and you had buyer's remorse when it was time to pony up and replace them.

It will take 8.3 trillion more kWh to make up the shortage of the 8.3 trillion
EVs are the most impractical vehicles ever designed.
The short-sightedness of these idiots is remarkable.
Others, like the WEF, are pushing it to destroy the middle class and take all authority for themselves. Force people into mega-cities and tiny apartments with no AC just neighborhood cooling centers. IOW, dystopia.
The whole EV scheme is juvenile as fuck and obviously planned by substandard units that have never worked a day in their lives.
---------------------------------------------------------

Whew, a lotta angst over plugging in a car, or so it seems.

I would suggest that not ALL of the millions of ICE cars/trucks now in existence will be required to flip the switch in a month. Or a year. Or a couple of decades.

Notably, and as sort of a clue: Did the horse go away immediately when Henry built his first Quadricycle in 1896?
Also notably, when he built that vehicle did Mobil, Shell, BP, Speedway, etc. have the nation ...most of the world really....serviced with nearby 'gas stations'?
Was NAPA or AutoZone and their like nearby when Henry was starting a revolution?

So be patient. It is a big deal. A BIG friggin' deal that will take decades, maybe generations to be widely common.....if ever.

Calm the hysteria. Your smart-phone didn't just show up on a Saturday.....and everybody was connected most everywhere on Monday. These things take time.

Peace. ✌️

What kind of EV boat do you want? Do you even know? Some of them are pretty cool, I admit.
Are you a pleasure boater or more serious frequent boater?

I could see having an EV boat if I didn't run the darn thing every day, or a few times a week.

I could never see say a Charter Boat Captain ever want an EV. They got no time to wait 3-10 hours for a charge. They have to make money with the boat, use it every day and go out with clients several times a day. No way could they use an EV for that.

If you just want to show off for a couple hours here and there with your EV, fine, but if you do any serious boating, that is not going to work for you.

I could see someone use one on a small lake that was just a weekend warrior. An EV probably perfectly fine for that, until the batteries got old and you had buyer's remorse when it was time to pony up and replace them.
when did I ever say I wanted a boat let alone an electric one???

dude put your emotions in check for once,,,

---------------------------------------------------------

Whew, a lotta angst over plugging in a car, or so it seems.

I would suggest that not ALL of the millions of ICE cars/trucks now in existence will be required to flip the switch in a month. Or a year. Or a couple of decades.

Notably, and as sort of a clue: Did the horse go away immediately when Henry built his first Quadricycle in 1896?
Also notably, when he built that vehicle did Mobil, Shell, BP, Speedway, etc. have the nation ...most of the world really....serviced with nearby 'gas stations'?
Was NAPA or AutoZone and their like nearby when Henry was starting a revolution?

So be patient. It is a big deal. A BIG friggin' deal that will take decades, maybe generations to be widely common.....if ever.

Calm the hysteria. Your smart-phone didn't just show up on a Saturday.....and everybody was connected most everywhere on Monday. These things take time.

Peace. ✌️
They tried EVs back when the automobile first came on the scene and was being developed. They died out of usage same as they will in the future.

Dumb to bring them back imo. They will always be a novelty, a toy, an alternative.

Forum List

Back