OK Matt Gaetz………What do we do now?

What Speaker is going to accept the position under the same terms that McCarthy did?
Anybody who wants to be Speaker of the House. Except that I don’t believe that deal is still on the table. I believe a far more limiting and stringent deal will be on the table, making the Speaker effectively a mouthpiece for the Freedom Caucus.

Anybody who wants to be Speaker of the House. Except that I don’t believe that deal is still on the table. I believe a far more limiting and stringent deal will be on the table, making the Speaker effectively a mouthpiece for the Freedom Caucus.
If they get extreme enough, some Republicans may defect and vote Hakeem the Dream! Wouldn’t take many.

McCarthy accepted the terms, but didn't follow through with them. Not one single issue spending bill. Not any substantial spending cuts. No term limit bill.
It's a clusterfuck in the GOP atm. But the next speaker, hopefully will have some backbone.
Personally I think Gaetz and some of the others, while being the majority, would like to have a speaker that acts like they're in the majority. And stop being so weak.

Honestly, for the last several decades, the GOP hasn't had the balls to do much more than cave to the left. Especially during Trump's 4 years.

Hell, Trump didn't even have a spine. He was constantly caving to Pelosi.
Let's see how it works out for the gop if we have no budget for 24. God help us all, but it may be the only way to end this absurdity. We could raise revenue by 2% and cut spending by 1% tomorrow, but the tea party doesn't want that. So, we'll have nothing. For awhile.

Republicans cave in because they don’t have the votes

They have a long wish list of what they want, but the fact that you can’t force your agenda when you are in a significant minority.

So, they try to force their agenda through refusing to raise the debt limit and shutting down the Government

McCarthy lost his job for stopping them
Really? Aren't transvestites a minority? They seem to force their agenda along quite easily. I see all kinds of minorities and illegals force their agenda with little or no blow-back. BTW you freaks are not the majority your propaganda just tells you you are.

Let's see how it works out for the gop if we have no budget for 24. God help us all, but it may be the only way to end this absurdity. We could raise revenue by 2% and cut spending by 1% tomorrow, but the tea party doesn't want that. So, we'll have nothing. For awhile.
Tell us why trillions and trillions of dollars in legislation went to Prog states and unions the first two-years of Joe.

Like a dog chasing a car, not knowing what to do after he caught it

Matt has been chasing McCarthy for nine months
Now that he kicked him out, what does he do next ?

Took 15 tries to approve McCarthy. He only got the job by conceding his power to MAGA

What Speaker is going to accept the position under the same terms that McCarthy did?
Democrats had just as much to do with kicking McCarthy out, had they voted to keep him in, he would have survived.

Democrats had just as much to do with kicking McCarthy out, had they voted to keep him in, he would have survived.

That is the kicker

Why would Democrats support McCarthy?
He has done nothing to support bipartisanship and launched a petty impeachment inquiry into the President
He has repeatedly broken agreements with Dems

He offered nothing in return for Dems saving his ass

This is further proof that Republicans are incapable of governing.
I try to survive. And I pay extreme prices at stores for rent. For utilities and to travel for your utopian rainbow dreams. The reality is that many people are in between local law enforcement and judicial corruption and federal political divisions. I would watch anyone law enforcement person who screwed with me get exterminated. I would see their children slowly cut into chunks with surgical knives. To act out is suicidal. To act out in a not so good time is pure vengeance and a benign response guaranteeing justice. This is a Prog response.

Forum List

Back