OK ok, this is the kind of whirlybird nonsense that turns me off

At least half of manufacturing jobs have been lost due to automation, not foreign competition. Increasing efficiency on capital investment is one of the things which makes the US exceptional.

We are actually making more stuff than ever.

2e1vqqe.jpg

Losing jobs to technology:

biq6bn.gif

30m3l8y.png

I just walked in from smoking some chicken and Fox News was on. Hannity is interviewing Trump and Trump says real unemployment is likely 20%.....

TWENTY FUCKING PERCENT

Now I'm no mathematician but I remember the crash in 08. The economy is craping along no doubt but get the fuck out of here with the ridiculous hyperbole.

PS. Red potatoes diced up & mixed with olive oil & lipton onion soup mix is amazing on the grill.

Make some fresh Salsa Verde with that and it sound great...

As for Trump, well what has he done to help lower the unemployment problem he is talking about?

How many manufacturing jobs has he crated with his billions of dollars here in America, or does he only care about the manufacturing sector while running for President but when he was not running he prefer to buy made in China because it was cheaper?
actually, every time he builds a building, building supplies are manufactured.

How many jobs has Hillary Clinton created?

How many have you created?

How many did Bill CLinton create before he was president?

How about Barak Obama before he was president?

So you only buy American made? I bet you say "of course I do, even though I have to pay a lot more for it"

But you will be lying. We all know that.

It's hard to find things that are made in America. Most of our things aren't made in America. We don't really have a manufacturing industry anymore (except for a few). Kind of sad actually.
Completely untrue. This is another bullshit talking point that can only be swallowed if you never bother to think and look for yourself.

We are manufacturing more stuff than ever before.

You were saying?????

U.S. has lost 5 million manufacturing jobs since 2000
You are conflating manufacturing with manufacturing jobs.

We are making more stuff than ever. It is just that a lot of jobs are gone due to automation. They didn't go overseas. They didn't go somewhere else. They were obsoleted.

This is why we need to educate our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs their daddies did.

At least half of manufacturing jobs have been lost due to automation, not foreign competition. Increasing efficiency on capital investment is one of the things which makes the US exceptional.

We are actually making more stuff than ever.

2e1vqqe.jpg

Losing jobs to technology:

biq6bn.gif

30m3l8y.png

The number of jobs, dude.....THAT is the tale of the tape....anything else doesn't help the average working stiff.

We are manufacturing more stuff than ever before.

Nope...you have said this before.
One of those statements that is so utterly dumb that a 10 year old knows something is fishy.
One of the problems of a graph you will shortly post up is what is counted as "manufacturing".
A company that imports 100% of all manufactured goods...and twist a few screws on the final product is counted as manufacturing.

A century ago, we employed 50 percent of our population in agriculture to feed our nation.

Now, due to the wonders of technology, it only takes about 3 percent of our population to feed us, and they are producing more food than in all of human history.

What would you make of someone decrying the loss of agriculture jobs who felt we needed to employ 50 percent of the country on farms?

You'd say there were seriously misguided, yes?

It's the same thing with these demagogues and manufacturing.

Let's travel back in time 60 years...

FARMER: What will my toddler son do when he grows up if he isn't going to be a farmer, dad blast it?

PSYCHIC: (*peers into crystal ball*) Your son is going to be in charge of the maintenance for satellite uplink/downlink terminals at Verizon.

FARMER: What's a satellite, and WHAT THE HELL IS A VERIZON!?!

PSYCHIC: I don't know, but if I were you, I'd be whipping him with a switch if he doesn't get straight A's in mathematics and science.

FARMER: Will he be handsome? Will he be rich?

PSYCHIC: Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see...

[

It's hard to find things that are made in America. Most of our things aren't made in America. We don't really have a manufacturing industry anymore (except for a few). Kind of sad actually.

Here.....
All American Clothing Made in the USA
These guys are great, they ship fast and the clothes are far superior quality to the garbage sold in malls.

Not really my style. :lol:

What...you don't like jeans?

Sometimes, but not those kinds of jeans. :)

In the morning the left tells us how awesome the economy is under Obama, and in the afternoon the left tells us the poor and middle class are barely hanging on by a thread.

A century ago, we employed 50 percent of our population in agriculture to feed our nation.

Now, due to the wonders of technology, it only takes about 3 percent of our population to feed us, and they are producing more food than in all of human history.

What would you make of someone decrying the loss of agriculture jobs who felt we needed to employ 50 percent of the country on farms?

You'd say there were seriously misguided, yes?

It's the same thing with these demagogues and manufacturing.

Wonders of technology???
OMG....wow...you are hitting all cylinders today.

Let's travel back in time 60 years...

FARMER: What will my toddler son do when he grows up if he isn't going to be a farmer, dad blast it?

PSYCHIC: (*peers into crystal ball*) Your son is going to be in charge of the maintenance for satellite uplink/downlink terminals at Verizon.

FARMER: What's a satellite, and WHAT THE HELL IS A VERIZON!?!

PSYCHIC: I don't know, but if I were you, I'd be whipping him with a switch if he doesn't get straight A's in mathematics and science.

FARMER: Will he be handsome? Will he be rich?

PSYCHIC: Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see...

:cuckoo:

[

Here.....
These guys are great, they ship fast and the clothes are far superior quality to the garbage sold in malls.

What...you wear those jeans with holes all over them selling for $150 made by 8 year old's in Bangladesh? :D

[

Here.....

What...you wear those jeans with holes all over them selling for $150 made by 8 year old's in Bangladesh? :D

No, not ones with holes in them, but I do like to be stylish. :D

What has kept America out in front all this time is innovation. We make our money in the design/engineering phase and in the distribution phase of production. The assembly and shipping phases of production are actually low value added phases.

We need to maintain our innovative edge. And that means education. The retards who are trying to destroy Common Core are shooting their own children in the head.

Common Core was developed at the state level in cooperation with the business community to create the necessary education which will provide our kids with the skills they will need to be gainfully employed in the future.

We are making more stuff than ever. It is just that a lot of jobs are gone due to automation. They didn't go overseas. They didn't go somewhere else. They were obsoleted. This is why we need to educate our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs their daddies did.
I agree with that, but it's also true that we have at least one generation of displaced workers for whom we have simply not prepared. And we have not yet fully make the educational transition you describe.

That means we're going to have to decide what we're going to do for these people for them to just exist at a basic level, let alone advance.

Here.....

You would look awesome in this...made in America...

4MCSJ310_rose_dress_486x518.jpg

We are making more stuff than ever. It is just that a lot of jobs are gone due to automation. They didn't go overseas. They didn't go somewhere else. They were obsoleted. This is why we need to educate our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs their daddies did.
I agree with that, but it's also true that we have at least one generation of displaced workers for whom we have simply not prepared. And we have not yet fully make the educational transition you describe.

That means we're going to have to decide what we're going to do for these people for them to just exist at a basic level, let alone advance.
Oh, we have fucked over more than one generation. I agree.

It is critical we don't fuck over the next generation, but the dipshits are trying to dismantle Common Core, and that's is incredibly stupid.

Very pretty but a little long for me. I'm short. :D If it was a mini dress, it would be perfect.

Very pretty but a little long for me. I'm short. :D If it was a mini dress, it would be perfect.

Scissors?....

Trump is technically correct... he is going on the numbers presented by David Stockman that points out that 42% of able bodied, working age adults, are not employed full-time.

Scissors?....

I would definitely have to take that to have it tailored. Lol. I wouldn't attempt to do it myself, that's for sure!

Forum List

Back