Ok - SERIOUS QUESTION!

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... am I strange for getting excited about seeing a letter from the Sheriffs office about Jury Duty. I mean I am genuinely excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to post about it now am opening the letter... can't wait! I hope I am selected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you are strange. Wait until you find out how much you get paid per day.

After we moved from Colorado Springs to Trinidad CO the wife received a jury summons form E Paso County (Where CS is located), went online and negated the call up, we were no longer residents of that county. Two weeks later I received the same summons...... same result. A month later I was called up for jury duty in Trinidad CO, called the number the day before I was supposed to report, my services we no longer needed. I was happy with that. :thup:

During voir dire, I'll let slip that minorities just can't help criming while <fill in defendant race>. I haven't served on a jury since 1982

... am I strange for getting excited about seeing a letter from the Sheriffs office about Jury Duty. I mean I am genuinely excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to post about it now am opening the letter... can't wait! I hope I am selected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, that's cool. You get to see the process, or at least the first part of it. There will be a lot of screening-out -- if it's like my experience you'll be one of a vast crowd of people only a few of whom will end up in the jury box. And more likely than not the case will be on the boring side anyway. But it's a vital part of our legal system and kinda cool to be some part of it.

It isn't a "job". It's a civic duty. The juror or prospective juror isn't getting a wage; he/she is getting some compensation, however small is kind of irrelevant, for giving their time.

No, that's cool. You get to see the process, or at least the first part of it. There will be a lot of screening-out -- if it's like my experience you'll be one of a vast crowd of people only a few of whom will end up in the jury box. And more likely than not the case will be on the boring side anyway. But it's a vital part of our legal system and kinda cool to be some part of it.

It isn't a "job". It's a civic duty. The juror or prospective juror isn't getting a wage; he/she is getting some compensation, however small is kind of irrelevant, for giving their time.
I didnt say it was job. I said wait until you find out how much you get paid. No its not kind of irrelevant. I was just talking to a woman last week that would have lost her home if she had been selected for jury duty. They let her go on a financial hardship exception.

Last edited:
After we moved from Colorado Springs to Trinidad CO the wife received a jury summons form E Paso County (Where CS is located), went online and negated the call up, we were no longer residents of that county. Two weeks later I received the same summons...... same result. A month later I was called up for jury duty in Trinidad CO, called the number the day before I was supposed to report, my services we no longer needed. I was happy with that. :thup:

I was in CO last week. Boulder.
Spent a day at the IBM main facility. Interesting.

I was in CO last week. Boulder.
Spent a day at the IBM main facility. Interesting.
Boulder, nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Dem peoples iz weird........

that makes it even stranger... I have done it before in another county! It as a 2 week case! Loved it!!!

i hate getting called...you sit there and then they turn you down or they settle....

I must have had a good case.... I love the other jurors and eating doughnuts and discussing the issue... lunch out with them was nice. It was like a vacation!

I'd do it for free. I'm pumped!

Forum List

Back