OK Tea Party....Time to belly up to the bar

Hmm that's weird, my other employees don't talk to me that way. But I digress.
You think you're in my chain of command? Well, that's amusing. You are, but not directly. If you're considering the idea of ordering me to agree with you, go ahead, but you'll only be disappointed. :lol:
Why do you do this to me Dave? You lead into into a discussion with some civility, like we can actually have a healthy debate, then you get frustrated and say something like "Some of us don't need nannies."
No frustration. The policies and programs you support show you want the government to run individual lives.

Don't like it being pointed out bluntly? Then come down on the side of individual liberty. Simple, huh? :)

What programs do I support? I haven't mentioned any.

The only things I've expressed in this thread - THE ONLY THINGS - is that 1. You cannot, absolutely cannot, cut your way to a balanced budget without tax increases, and 2. Cutting the budget during 10% unemployment is a bad idea. I haven't discussed how we got here or what we do when it's over. Just those 2 points and that's it. Find a single economist anywhere who disagrees with me and I'll give ya a dollar.

Last edited:
As opposed to Obama. :lol:

Obama's been opposed at every turn, never given a chance to do what he set out to. The Republicans have been disgraceful in their treatment of the man. Maybe it's not a colour thing, but they have let their hatred of Obama cloud any co-operation that could have been achieved. For instance, the vile lies about healthcare which led to the public option fiasco.

How is that any different than what happened to Bush? You have a short memory. From my perspective, I'm Anti-Statist, nothing personal. I see the Agenda as a threat to the Republic.

Well, at least the Tea Party is not deploying 34 War Ships to India. Gee, do you think it's enough??? I don't think it's enough. Let's send more ships.

What is "disgraceful" about opposing someone who wants to dismantle this Constitutional Republic?

There is a Power Base in this Country that pays allot of money to remain Anonymous. I say Fuck them. Let's just boycott Connecticut. Cut them off at the knees. Only Kidding.

You think you're in my chain of command? Well, that's amusing. You are, but not directly. If you're considering the idea of ordering me to agree with you, go ahead, but you'll only be disappointed. :lol:
Why do you do this to me Dave? You lead into into a discussion with some civility, like we can actually have a healthy debate, then you get frustrated and say something like "Some of us don't need nannies."
No frustration. The policies and programs you support show you want the government to run individual lives.

Don't like it being pointed out bluntly? Then come down on the side of individual liberty. Simple, huh? :)

The only things I've expressed in this thread - THE ONLY THINGS - is that 1. You cannot, absolutely cannot, cut your way to a balanced budget without tax increases, and 2. Cutting the budget during 10% unemployment is a bad idea. I haven't discussed how we got here or what we do when it's over. Just those 2 points and that's it. Find a single economist anywhere who disagrees with me and I'll give ya a dollar.

Isn't that how Obama got elected, by doing nothing? I got an idea, let's just vote Present. in 2012 all Democrats should just vote Present. You don't want to be a hypocrite right?

Government should always be trimming the fat. It is part of Governments job. There is rarely a time when that shouldn't be the case.

Your campaigns were full of rhetoric and bumper sticker slogans. Now that you have actually been elected it is time to put some meat on those bones.

Its easy to say "cut spending" "eliminate waste" "end earmarks"....now you have to actually do it. What are you going to cut? What will be the impact of those cuts? What will happen if they cut the Social Security, Medicare ?

How does a Tea Party candidate get things done in Washington? It is still the same old city.

I think they are in for a rude awakening and will be the same old Washington insiders they campaigned so hard against

That's hilarious. Republicans are against education and call college educated "elitists".

8 years under Bush and the nation is damaged for years. Not a single department or branch that hasn't been messed up.

And right wingers with their "slogans" and "sound bytes" are going to "what"?

"Stop the spending"?

"Make jobs"?

"Do things"?

So far, the only plan put forth by their leadership is "get Obama". I'm pretty sure that's the extent of their "ideas".

Sorry, I forgot "cut taxes". Of course, if you don't have a job, what does that matter? Shhhh, don't tell them that. They haven't figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As opposed to Obama. :lol:

Obama's been opposed at every turn, never given a chance to do what he set out to. The Republicans have been disgraceful in their treatment of the man. Maybe it's not a colour thing, but they have let their hatred of Obama cloud any co-operation that could have been achieved. For instance, the vile lies about healthcare which led to the public option fiasco.

How is that any different than what happened to Bush? You have a short memory. From my perspective, I'm Anti-Statist, nothing personal. I see the Agenda as a threat to the Republic.

After being installed by Scalia, in a "one time never to be used again emergency decision" after he lost the popular vote..he was treated pretty well. Then he went on to roll over Democrats with tax cuts projected to blow a hole in the budget even with the Clinton surplus. They still wanted to work with him. And he went on to kiboshing international missile treaties and pissing off the Chinese and Russians.

Sheesh..I was there..

No Democrat was calling him the name Republicans called both Clinton and Obama.

After being installed by Scalia, in a "one time never to be used again emergency decision" after he lost the popular vote..he was treated pretty well. Then he went on to roll over Democrats with tax cuts projected to blow a hole in the budget even with the Clinton surplus. They still wanted to work with him. And he went on to kiboshing international missile treaties and pissing off the Chinese and Russians.

Sheesh..I was there..

He won Florida, he won the first recount. Gore was shameful in the challenge. It hurt the country very deeply. Even Kerry had enough sense to throw in the towel. Bush was trashed from the start by the fringe left. He gave much away to the Left, trying to make peace, Kennedy and others walked all over him. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bush was perfect, he spent way too much trying to appease. You all treated him like shit from the start. Katrina, Louisiana State Government, and Local were the prime reason for all of that loss and suffering.

Your campaigns were full of rhetoric and bumper sticker slogans. Now that you have actually been elected it is time to put some meat on those bones.

Its easy to say "cut spending" "eliminate waste" "end earmarks"....now you have to actually do it. What are you going to cut? What will be the impact of those cuts? What will happen if they cut the Social Security, Medicare ?

How does a Tea Party candidate get things done in Washington? It is still the same old city.

I think they are in for a rude awakening and will be the same old Washington insiders they campaigned so hard against

That's hilarious. Republicans are against education and call college educated "elitists".

8 years under Bush and the nation is damaged for years. Not a single department or branch that hasn't been messed up.

"Stop the spending"?

"Make jobs"?

"Do things"?

So far, the only plan put forth by their leadership is "get Obama". I'm pretty sure that's the extent of their "ideas".

Sorry, I forgot "cut taxes". Of course, if you don't have a job, what does that matter? Shhhh, don't tell them that. They haven't figured it out.

Both of you are a couple of morons.

1. Eliminate the Presidential Election Fund, a federal program that provides matching funds to political candidates during Presidential primaries, certain third-party candidates, and funds for political conventions. In the 2008 Presidential election the candidates raised over $1.3 billion from individuals and PACs; do they really need to supplement that with taxpayer money?

2. Prohibiting taxpayer-subsidized union activities by prohibiting federal employees from being paid by the government for performing union functions. Currently some federal employees spend up to 100% of their workweek, paid by taxpayers, doing work for their union. Federal employees unions collect millions in revenue each year and spend significant amounts on political activities and lobbying; should they also be subsidized by the taxpayer for their official functions?

3. Terminate the Department of Housing and Urban Development program that provides individuals with $25,000 stipends for completing their doctoral dissertations. Recently taxpayers have financed research on media strategies for housing policy and the use of eminent domain for urban redevelopment. Why should families who are struggling to pay for their children’s college also be asked to fund stipends from the government for those who want to write their dissertation on certain government-preferred policies?

4. Terminate the new alternative welfare program, recently created to incentivize states to increase their welfare caseloads without requiring able-bodied adults to work, get job training, or otherwise prepare to move off of taxpayer assistance. Reforming the welfare program was one of the great achievements of the Republican Congress in the mid 1990s, saving taxpayers billions of dollars and ending the cycle of dependency on welfare. This new program ushered in by Democrats is merely a backdoor way to undo those reforms.

5. Focus federal economic development assistance on areas of need. The Community Development Block Grant program currently funds a wide range of local economic development activities. While it is advertised as a way to help low-income communities, funds are also dispersed to communities with income well-above the national average. A recent study found that the community of Newton, Massachusetts, with a per capita income over twice the national average, was receiving $28 per person in CDBG funds. At the same time, other communities with income 25% below the national average were receiving $10 per person.

There they are: five simple ways to begin to talk about saving money.

Brought to you by Eric Cantor

Now I'm off to to feed my horses!

Sheesh..I was there..

He won Florida, he won the first recount. Gore was shameful in the challenge. It hurt the country very deeply. Even Kerry had enough sense to throw in the towel. Bush was trashed from the start by the fringe left. He gave much away to the Left, trying to make peace, Kennedy and others walked all over him. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bush was perfect, he spent way too much trying to appease. You all treated him like shit from the start. Katrina, Louisiana State Government, and Local were the prime reason for all of that loss and suffering.

What did Bush "give away"? EPA and OSHA regulations? Oil leases with subsidies for oil companies? No bid contracts to "pals"? 2.4 trillion in tax breaks, with 52% going to the top 1%?

Bush was raised under Right wing ideology and practised it perfectly. Everything he did was right out of the Republican playbook, page by page. This is a failed ideology. They failed for 8 years under Bush and this bunch are going to be "different" how?

The world won't come to an end, but the hole will be much deeper to climb out of.

Sheesh..I was there..

Florida was suspect from the beginning. His BROTHER was the governor and his campaign manager was Secretary of State.

And Louisiana was overwhelmed, and it looks like it may well have been a screwup cause by work the Army core of engineers were involved in. In any case..leaving people, in this country, in floods like that..to lanquish and die..over 1,000 of them, was a national disgrace. If President Bush had someone like James Witt at the Helm of FEMA instead of his good friend "Heckva job Brownie"..things probably would have been handled with a great deal more professionalism.

"Stop the spending"?

"Make jobs"?

"Do things"?

Both of you are a couple of morons.

1. Eliminate the Presidential Election Fund, a federal program that provides matching funds to political candidates during Presidential primaries, certain third-party candidates, and funds for political conventions. In the 2008 Presidential election the candidates raised over $1.3 billion from individuals and PACs; do they really need to supplement that with taxpayer money?

2. Prohibiting taxpayer-subsidized union activities by prohibiting federal employees from being paid by the government for performing union functions. Currently some federal employees spend up to 100% of their workweek, paid by taxpayers, doing work for their union. Federal employees unions collect millions in revenue each year and spend significant amounts on political activities and lobbying; should they also be subsidized by the taxpayer for their official functions?

3. Terminate the Department of Housing and Urban Development program that provides individuals with $25,000 stipends for completing their doctoral dissertations. Recently taxpayers have financed research on media strategies for housing policy and the use of eminent domain for urban redevelopment. Why should families who are struggling to pay for their children’s college also be asked to fund stipends from the government for those who want to write their dissertation on certain government-preferred policies?

4. Terminate the new alternative welfare program, recently created to incentivize states to increase their welfare caseloads without requiring able-bodied adults to work, get job training, or otherwise prepare to move off of taxpayer assistance. Reforming the welfare program was one of the great achievements of the Republican Congress in the mid 1990s, saving taxpayers billions of dollars and ending the cycle of dependency on welfare. This new program ushered in by Democrats is merely a backdoor way to undo those reforms.

5. Focus federal economic development assistance on areas of need. The Community Development Block Grant program currently funds a wide range of local economic development activities. While it is advertised as a way to help low-income communities, funds are also dispersed to communities with income well-above the national average. A recent study found that the community of Newton, Massachusetts, with a per capita income over twice the national average, was receiving $28 per person in CDBG funds. At the same time, other communities with income 25% below the national average were receiving $10 per person.

There they are: five simple ways to begin to talk about saving money.

Brought to you by Eric Cantor

Now I'm off to to feed my horses!

Have you noticed that every one of his ideas is about some way to screw the poor? Nothing about jobs. Nothing about raising revenue. Just "screw the poor" and "don't pay for education".

This is the Republican reality.

They might as well just use that as a slogan.

Obama, "Yes we can!"

GOP, "Screw the Poor!"

“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.”

– Andre Bauer, lieutenant governor of South Carolina
and candidate for S.C. governor

The Andre Bauer solution: Starve the poor, they’ll stop breeding

Last edited by a moderator:
rdung is a complete waste of time. He posts the same shit in every thread. Bush, Bush, Bush.

Because it's the SAME Republican Party doing the SAME old shit. Nothing new. No ideas.

If you guys have ideas you should say what they are. Come on now. MAN UP. Quit whining.

Look at Cantors ideas. Screw the poor. That's it. That's the plan.

No doubt. Now tell that to Congress. Tell, say, Orin Hatch that we don't need that facility/base/manufacturer/etc. in Utah any longer. Do you think he's going to say "sure - whatever is best for our military and our country"?
If DoD decides we don't need the base or the equipment produced by the factory in Utah, then Hatch had best go along with it. DoD knows how better to manage our nation's defense than any Congressman.

I think we agree. But how do you force Hatch to "go along with it"? There is just as much arrogance on the Right as on the Left when it comes to Congressional Lifers. For every Rangel there is a Hatch. For every Dingel there is a McCain. For every Feinstein there is an Inhofe.

You force them to go along with it by voting them out if they don't.

People need to make it clear to our representatives that they work for us. How many Congressmen do you hear refer to themselves as "Representative"? Those who call themselves Congressmen have forgotten they work for us, not the other way around.

We elect these people to represent, not lead. I don't want a leader. I'm a citizen, not a subject.

I'm willing to bet your dollar below that you vote straight D without a moment's consideration.
You do realize, don't you, that the current state of the budget is partly responsible for the 10% unemployment?

What is "disgraceful" about opposing someone who wants to dismantle this Constitutional Republic?

Gee...I never realized the country was in danger of being dismantled

Forum List

Back