Ok then...

There are many reasons people are inspired to act out in a violent matter. I am certain that the internet, specifically social media has contributed to at least some of these events. There are others to be sure.

Does the internet exert such influence that a person not predisposed to such violence is driven to it by what is online? Or is it more a platform for hate rather than a cause of it?

People go on the internet, like here on this forum and Facebook, etc, and they interact with people they know nothing or little about. They read and and post things they would not do if they were sitting in a room having a face to face conversation. There is content that Nybody can read that is inflammatory and gets people excited and angry. And they act out.
Which in a way demonstrates that in the real world people are deceitful. And will often keep their true opinions on issues to themselves or their own circles. That breeds mistrust, and hostility.

How do you know they aren’t being deceitful online?

I’ve seen worse

The 60s were the closest I’ve seen to civil war and anarchy

Assasinations
JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcom X

Civil Rights protests with Govt beating innocent protesters and imprisoning leaders, Terrorist bombings and lynchings

Vietnam protests, Kent State, Chicago

...my birth,

What is really happening to us? It's no secret that most of the mainstream media will never support the president of the United States. As a matter of fact it seems that the mainstream media would willingly become agents of foreign enemies rather than support the President. The mainstream media ignored or dismissed evidence that former president Obama was a business partner of a unrepentant domestic terrorist who actually killed people with bombs. The mainstream media failed to investigate credible evidence that a democrat Sanders supporter met with high profile democrats before he opened fire on republican baseball players. Now the media tries to tie President Trump with unfounded allegations that he is responsible for a mass killing of Jews when the President is the best friend Israel ever had. The world is upside down in the liberal mind and the mainstream media does their best to keep it that way.

Civility is important.

But in debates can get heated and many times tempers flare.

The question is how does one deal with the aftermath.

Does one demonize the opposition or does one accept the other's views as legitimate albeit wrongly determined.

What we have is out of control demonization [sic] of the opposition.

That is what must be curtailed.

How?
Civility is important.

But in debates can get heated and many times tempers flare.

The question is how does one deal with the aftermath.

Does one demonize the opposition or does one accept the other's views as legitimate albeit wrongly determined.

What we have is out of control demonization [sic] of the opposition.

That is what must be curtailed.

How?

The only way that demonization can be curtailed is through self-restraint because a healthy republic depends on it.

Forum List

Back