Ok to Violate Gun Owners privacy, does the same apply to Obama student records?

College Transcripts of George W. Bush Show C Average | Edu in ...
College Transcripts of George W. Bush Show C Average | Edu in Review Blog
But at least he’s been up front about his college record, ... George W. Bush has openly released his ... Law School. He had to be in the top 10% of his ...

George W. Bush never released his college records - they were LEAKED. See earlier post...

See:
In fact, George W. Bush has openly released his Yale University undergraduate transcript.
I proved my point.

In fact, that is inaccurate. while president, Dubya NEVER AUTHORIZED the release of his college transcripts. NO president EVER has.

George W. Bush never released his college records - they were LEAKED. See earlier post...

See:
In fact, George W. Bush has openly released his Yale University undergraduate transcript.
I proved my point.

In fact, that is inaccurate. while president, Dubya NEVER AUTHORIZED the release of his college transcripts. NO president EVER has.

And why shoukd they? Grades mean nothing. Obama probably did make good grades. Hes still a dipshit.

Why the double standard????

'Cause it drives you clowns crazy!!!!

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Yes they are.

No, they're not. What source do you have that says welfare and unemployment rolls are public information?

The same source the paper used. The freedom of information act.

You're really not getting it.

The paper was given the gun permit information because by NY State law, that information is public, which is why NY's FOIA applied.

There is no law that says Welfare and Unemployment rolls are public - in fact, they're specifically private, so under the Privacy Act of 1974, the FOIA doesn't apply.

I get is perfectly. You are not. Public records are gotten by the freedom of information act

I get is perfectly. You are not. Public records are gotten by the freedom of information act
No, you don't "get it."

When people apply for a license in NY for a CCW, they sign a paper that specifically says this shall be public record.

That's how they wrote the law.

Get THAT?

I'll add, there's been bills introduced for years now to change that portion of the law so that those records would not be public. Always tied up in committee.

The Wall Street Journal was the one who sought gun owners names and addresses in the first case that was brought to court in 2009. They won.

I miss the good old days...

...all those abortion debates...

...all those Roe v Wade debates when conservative after conservative would claim that there is not in fact any right of privacy IN the Constitution.

When did you all get smarter??? lol

First of all, let's clear a few things up.

The Freedom of Information Act (1966) only applies to the Federal Government, so that's NOT how the paper got the gun registration information, which is managed by the State of NY, not the Federal Government.

New York State does have an equivalent of the Freedom of Information Act (text here), which is what the paper used.

More to the point of what we're talking about, the FOIA was amended in 1972 with the Privacy Act, which specifically forbids federal government agencies to release private personal information without permission.

So what your saying is the the ny government is complicit is making citizen targets.

No, what I'm saying is that according to NY State law, permit information is public. As in, when everyone in NY with a permit applied for it, they signed a document saying that the data on the form would be public.

Hey baby rapists are public record let publish thier address...oh but I forget you progressives love perverts

Hey baby rapists are public record let publish thier address...oh but I forget you progressives love perverts

my lord...what a witless moron you are. Unable to defend any of your ridiculous assertions, you simply revert to target shifting blather. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Forum List

Back