Oklahoma banned students could sue the college and win big

This is fantastic news!

People have gotten so wrapped up in themselves that they think anything that offends them is racist... If we're going to be equal, lets be treated equal.

So start with those black panther members that were chanting to kill whitey and kill the cracker babies...

Any of you liberals down to debate that?

Thirty6BelowZero
I'd offer the same to the Black Panthers as I do the the UO students involved in this incident.
To come out and support the Campus Plans in Freedmen's Town to save national historic landmarks
to Freed Slave and Civil Rights history.

Why waste time energy and resources fighting over blame?

Why not invest in building campus communities that teach self-governance, legal and business skills in managing
schools and property as a city-state, and provide a training ground for future leaders to run for public office with experience?

Freedmen s Town Historic Churches and Vet Housing

Usually if people aren't serious, they run away. Fast. So if they have anything to chant, I don't have to hear it.

Here is my chant:
music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs

Black Panthers, and students on either side of this issue are welcome to join in.
If you want to do something to end oppressive division and discrimination by race or class,
let's build a school system that takes on these issues and creates tracks for anyone to work
their way up from the bottom to the top levels of being self-governing and running your own schools and cities.

Earned Amnesty

I've offered this model to both Anonymous Asclepias and Nutz
Let's see if The Rabbi and Judicial review are more serious and less fearful of solutions and what they look like.
:lol: Fearful of solutions? Consider this...I have NEVER read an entire post of yours. My eyes begin to glaze over after the first sentence and after I skip to the end... I think of chicken and donuts. Your long arrogant posts are usually about about nonsense no one cares about.

Yes, Nutz fearful. You are afraid of Aryan, Klan, Racist and Tea Party groups.
And you hide behind that projected blame and don't respond to this
solution of setting up a campus district for reclaiming equal authority in Govt.

Anonymous1977 also. I think Asclepias sees the bigger picture and is realistic about what this is going to take.

That's why Gladys House , a Black woman Republican can't get any help for her
Veteran housing plans and other business developments in Freedmen's Town.

The men won't stand up and take charge, they complain and sit down.

Judicial review wants to take on this crisis as a national issue
and people find it easier to make fun of him rather than take that seriously.
Since the implications are beyond the scope of what most people are willing to look at.

he may flake out also.
And that's why we end up with Ted Cruz who doesn't make sense to people.
Because it's easier to criticize than to stand up for reforms and try to do what it takes to fix problems.

You disappoint me Nutz
I just hope Judicial review doesn't wimp out. it will take a lot a work.
Easier to criticize others than correct the real problems.

I will try to support JR in making the right contacts and pushing plans that can be logistically developed. Without enough support, that's why plans come out sounding crazy to others like Ted Cruz. With the right support, the kinks and biases can be worked out where it is reconcileable with the goals of all other parties and not in conflict.

Sorry Nutz if you don't see the bigger picture. JR does and Asclepias.
Maybe that's enough to form a Tea Party team and get something sailing smoothly.

solution of setting up a campus district for reclaiming equal authority in Govt.
Your "solution" is nonsense and makes no sense.
You disappoint me Nutz

Maybe that's enough to form a Tea Party team and get something sailing smoothly.
If you would quit tagging me...I guarantee I would never disappoint you.

Just saw the video. Yeah, that's pretty bad. I can understand where the University is coming from. The students could win a lawsuit though. But i think they've already decided against filing. If you're part of a University, you represent that University. So you do have to be careful. The University has to cover its own ass.

But that being said, It is a murky issue as far as Free Speech goes. The students might have had a legal argument, but it's wise not pursuing it. Best to let it go. What they said was pretty rough. Very few will rush to their defense.
Best to let it go? Seriously? They will have an expulsion on their records. They need to fight like hell. They were off campus in a private setting on the way to a private event.
Would you like your employer to fire you because of a joke you told at a dinner party somewhere?
Why does it matter where they were at? They are still representing their fraternity since they were traveling as a frat.

From the looks and sounds of it, it was much more than a joke as well.
If they were off campus the university has no say in what they did.

How do you know?
Check the video.

There's no video in your post. You have a video that proves that OU's code of conduct does not apply to off-campus activities?

Best to let it go? Seriously? They will have an expulsion on their records. They need to fight like hell. They were off campus in a private setting on the way to a private event.
Would you like your employer to fire you because of a joke you told at a dinner party somewhere?
Why does it matter where they were at? They are still representing their fraternity since they were traveling as a frat.

From the looks and sounds of it, it was much more than a joke as well.
If they were off campus the university has no say in what they did.

How do you know?
Check the video.

There's no video in your post. You have a video that proves that OU's code of conduct does not apply to off-campus activities?
Poor thing.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center "The New Black Panther Party is a virulently racist and anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law enforcement officers. Founded in Dallas, the group today is especially active on the East Coast, from Boston to Jacksonville, Fla.". So I'm not surprised by anything it's members have said. I don't believe they should have a presence on any college campus.

New Black Panther Party Southern Poverty Law Center

Nor do I, but that's not the issue I'm referring to. I'm talking about them being disciplined for what they say and do vs. the SAE.

Might as well try and discipline the KKK.

This is fantastic news!

People have gotten so wrapped up in themselves that they think anything that offends them is racist... If we're going to be equal, lets be treated equal.

So start with those black panther members that were chanting to kill whitey and kill the cracker babies...

Thirty6BelowZero
I'd offer the same to the Black Panthers as I do the the UO students involved in this incident.
To come out and support the Campus Plans in Freedmen's Town to save national historic landmarks

Why not invest in building campus communities that teach self-governance, legal and business skills in managing
schools and property as a city-state, and provide a training ground for future leaders to run for public office with experience?

Usually if people aren't serious, they run away. Fast. So if they have anything to chant, I don't have to hear it.

Here is my chant:

Black Panthers, and students on either side of this issue are welcome to join in.
If you want to do something to end oppressive division and discrimination by race or class,
let's build a school system that takes on these issues and creates tracks for anyone to work
their way up from the bottom to the top levels of being self-governing and running your own schools and cities.

Earned Amnesty

Let's see if The Rabbi and Judicial review are more serious and less fearful of solutions and what they look like.
:lol: Fearful of solutions? Consider this...I have NEVER read an entire post of yours. My eyes begin to glaze over after the first sentence and after I skip to the end... I think of chicken and donuts. Your long arrogant posts are usually about about nonsense no one cares about.

Hi Nutz, fearful yes. I'm fearful that all chickens do not have rights within the ACA. You must see the bigger picture. And that's why I'm providing you with links that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Check out homeless vets, housing plans and other business developments in Freedmenstown

BTW, do you know anyone on a national level that I can contact in the UCLA?

LOL!

You disappoint me Nutz

What is wrong with building campus communities
in every district to reform govt? And replicate this model
along the border for stable economic and sustainable development?

Earned Amnesty

Do you have better plans Nutz?
Or are you just one of the naysayers with no original ideas or solutions.
And your only power is just to say yes or no.
That's fine.

What is your solution to the problem of dependence on govt programs,
lack of accountability and waste of billions on failed prisons systems,
contested immigration and legalization issues?

How do you propose to fix all the govt, social and economic problems
WITHOUT setting up a sustainable system of education in self-governing districts?

How do you expect America and the economy to survive without teaching
and training people to run their own schools, hospitals, businesses, prisons and govt?

How?

This is fantastic news!

Thirty6BelowZero

Here is my chant:

Earned Amnesty

Hi Nuts, fearful yes. I'm fearful that all chickens do not have rights within the ACA. You must see the bigger picture. And that's why I'm providing you with links that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Check out homeless vets, housing plans and other business developments in Freedmenstown

LOL!
:rofl:

I like Emily...but I am hungover today...tolerance. level exceptionally low today.

You disappoint me Nutz

Earned Amnesty

That's fine.

WITHOUT setting up a sustainable system of education in self-governing districts?

and training people to run their own schools, hospitals, businesses, prisons and govt?

How?

What does earned amnesty have to do with this thread?

Hi Carla_Danger

1. No, people DON'T have "freedom of choice" to choose charity or state program
instead of being forced to pay for health insurance or face tax fines.
Do you want a Bullring challenge to prove that ACA mandates violate free choice?

isn't THAT more off topic that offering an option for restitution for UO students involved in a racial protest.

2. how this relates, is that I already explained that I posted a thread offering
to create internships for the students if they wanted to invest in
community service meaningful to the issue of racism and related injury.

Do you want me to challenge you on both points?
1. that ACA mandates do violate the free choice of citizens who don't believe in being
forced to buy insurance as the only exemption from tax penalties
2. your message has less to do with the OP
3. and mine does relate to the issue because I explained that I support
Restorative Justice approaches to resolving the breaches and violations,
and I GAVE AN EXAMPLE by using the Freedmen's Town campus proposal.

Which points do you not agree on? Which points do you want to go into the Bullring on?

This is fantastic news!

Thirty6BelowZero

Here is my chant:

Earned Amnesty

Hi Nuts, fearful yes. I'm fearful that all chickens do not have rights within the ACA. You must see the bigger picture. And that's why I'm providing you with links that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

LOL!

You disappoint me Nutz

Earned Amnesty

That's fine.

How?

It is showing that the project I propose in Freedmen's Town as restitution for the UO breach
is not just a local campus project, but can be applied nationally to solve other problems with govt.

So it would give those students a chance to be part of something with more positive impact.
And this would help restore good faith relations that whatever bad they did, they can do much more good
by working cooperatively instead of trying to "punish them to make a statement."

Judicial review who started this thread wants to make a national statement.
So I am showing them that a restitution project can do that better instead of suing and making things worse!

You disappoint me Nutz

Earned Amnesty

That's fine.

How?
You can't fix government...you can't fix society. There will always be poor people and there will always be rich people and there will be people in the middle just trying to get along.

AND, why do we trust you to decide how to teach Americans anything?

Might as well try and discipline the KKK.

How often do we hear about the KKK in news today? The only time I've heard about them, other than saying they'd support the police in the Ferguson protests, is when they're compared to a group of people that someone believes to be racist.

I know you can't discipline them as such, but you can shut them down to a crawl. These guys didn't even get in trouble when they put a bounty on Zimmerman's head.

Hi Carla_Danger

1. No, people DON'T have "freedom of choice" to choose charity or state program
instead of being forced to pay for health insurance or face tax fines.
Do you want a Bullring challenge to prove that ACA mandates violate free choice?

isn't THAT more off topic that offering an option for restitution for UO students involved in a racial protest.

2. how this relates, is that I already explained that I posted a thread offering
to create internships for the students if they wanted to invest in
community service meaningful to the issue of racism and related injury.

Do you want me to challenge you on both points?
1. that ACA mandates do violate the free choice of citizens who don't believe in being
forced to buy insurance as the only exemption from tax penalties
2. your message has less to do with the OP
3. and mine does relate to the issue because I explained that I support
Restorative Justice approaches to resolving the breaches and violations,
and I GAVE AN EXAMPLE by using the Freedmen's Town campus proposal.

Which points do you not agree on? Which points do you want to go into the Bullring on?

This is fantastic news!

Thirty6BelowZero

Here is my chant:

Earned Amnesty

LOL!

A challenge from you for the bullring is interesting, but I don't think it would work out since I rarely read your long winded posts, which are bizarre, to say the least.

None of your points have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

How about if I challenge you to stay on topic, and limit your postings to no more than 3 sentences. LOL!

A challenge from you for the bullring is interesting, but I don't think it would work out since I rarely read your long winded posts, which are bizarre, to say the least.

How about if I challenge you to stay on topic, and limit your postings to no more than 3 sentences. LOL!

Carla_Danger
1. Because solutions to problems don't always fit in 1-3 sentences, and I focus on solutions.

2. I will ask JR if he thinks my responses address his concern about the context and racial outcry around this issue
A. the Freedmen's Town campus model is what I propose as restitution and community service as The Rabbi
brought up could have been pursued instead of expulsion.
B. And I also show the same campus model inspired solutions
to Sweatshop and slave labor going on today music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs and solutions to border security.
This shows there is national vested interest in taking this campus model and REPLICATING it, to educate/train more people. So other students and/or the FRATERNITY that is concerned about their program's reputation can also get involved in a sustainable model for education.

3. And I will post a separate thread on why you and CCJones and/or others don't believe any rights are violated
or liberties lost with ACA mandates. If we can resolve whatever you can't see there, it will solve these other problems, too.

You disappoint me Nutz

Earned Amnesty

That's fine.

How?

It is showing that the project I propose in Freedmen's Town as restitution for the UO breach
is not just a local campus project, but can be applied nationally to solve other problems with govt.

So it would give those students a chance to be part of something with more positive impact.
And this would help restore good faith relations that whatever bad they did, they can do much more good
by working cooperatively instead of trying to "punish them to make a statement."

Judicial review who started this thread wants to make a national statement.
So I am showing them that a restitution project can do that better instead of suing and making things worse!

I have no clue of what you're talking about. Freedmen's Town was a proposal to preserve 10 historical houses for disabled vets. I have no idea of how that relates to the Oklahoma University.

Carla_Danger
1. Because solutions to problems don't always fit in 1-3 sentences, and I focus on solutions.

2. I will ask JR if he thinks my responses address his concern about the context and racial outcry around this issue
A. the Freedmen's Town campus model is what I propose as restitution and community service as The Rabbi
brought up could have been pursued instead of expulsion.
B. And I also show the same campus model inspired solutions
to Sweatshop and slave labor going on today music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs and solutions to border security.
This shows there is national vested interest in taking this campus model and REPLICATING it, to educate/train more people. So other students and/or the FRATERNITY that is concerned about their program's reputation can also get involved in a sustainable model for education.

3. And I will post a separate thread on why you and CCJones and/or others don't believe any rights are violated
or liberties lost with ACA mandates. If we can resolve whatever you can't see there, it will solve these other problems, too.

Okay, you go post the thread concerning the ACA mandates. That should keep you busy for a while.

I have no clue of what you're talking about. Freedmen's Town was a proposal to preserve 10 historical houses for disabled vets. I have no idea of how that relates to the Oklahoma University.

If you followed all my other threads and links I posted,
I explained that because the UO incident referenced lynching and racial discrimination/exclusion of Blacks,
then I offered the Freedmen's Town project for the students to help raise funds for,
and set up internships helping to restore those plans and build the campus there.

I also posted in another thread I LINKED to
that the Chef who lost his job because the fraternity chapter shut
could have a job as the cook onsite that is written into the Veteran housing budget proposed to VA and HUD.

I asked Gladys House about this idea and she invited me to the next meeting this Sat
to present the proposal. I would expect to go through Sheila Jackson Lee's office to propose this formally.

Why not ask the students and/or the SAE chapter to take on this community service project?
Sorry you missed all that.

Too many people posted slams back and forth, so I tried to bump the posts that made points.
Mine were also lost in the shuffle and hidden on another thread.

If you don't care to be part of the solution, this is mainly for JR who does want one.
Thanks anyway Carla_Danger and I will set up a separate thread to address what liberties or rights were violated with ACA since you and others don't seem to get that. Likewise some people don't see the harm caused here either.

Forum List

Back