Oklahoma gives a big thumbs down to recreational marijuana

The illegality of grass breeds a criminal class that is closely associated with other criminals

But if you legalize pot that does not make pot good for us

Its bad for children

and making if more available to adults makes it easier to fall into the hands of kids

And we know that legalizing pot does not make the criminals go away

because they sell pot in the back alley to avoid the tax
And how much criminality did prohibition breed?

What creates the illegal market and the criminal activity is the prohibition not the substance itself.

And people still try to evade the cigarette and there are still moonshiners who try to evade the alcohol tax.

Spend time in a black locale.
Where do you think I grew up? I used to sling weed to make money when I was 15 and i sold to a shit load of White kids

And I have seen white kids toking joints behind the school or the arcade or the movie theater just as often as I have seen Black kids smoking,

This law wouldn't have stopped the black market at all. It would have just changed the nature and tactics that racketeers would use.

The business would change from guys keistering grass to get it to market to counterfeiting tax stamps and marketing bricks of pot that fall off of trucks.
That's it! We've only been asking for it to be normalized, like cigarettes and alcohol.

what?....here in Nevada you can get an eighth for anywhere from 30-60 bucks depending on what you want.....you can tell you have never smoked the stuff...
Sure

And that means for the lucky few who have not moved on to hard drugs yet their high - and the high of any children in the house - is more affordable

And how much criminality did prohibition breed?

What creates the illegal market and the criminal activity is the prohibition not the substance itself.

And people still try to evade the cigarette and there are still moonshiners who try to evade the alcohol tax.
This is the usual druggie argument that if one bad habit didnt kill us then one more cant hurt either

But to me it just spells double trouble

Instead of only having to avoid drink drivers on the highway now there are potheads high on weed

Sure

And that means for the lucky few who have not moved on to hard drugs yet their high - and the high of any children in the house - is more affordable
the lucky few....the great majority of pot smokers have not moved on to harder drugs.....people who have are those with dependency problems.....why dont we see the anti pot people get on alcohol users who do much more damage than any pot smoker and many of them do use harder drugs.....

the lucky few....the great majority of pot smokers have not moved on to harder drugs.....people who have are those with dependency problems.....why dont we see the anti pot people get on alcohol users who do much more damage than any pot smoker and many of them do use harder drugs.....
Again, its the lib argument that if society cannot prevent alkies from destroying their lives then it must be ok for druggies to destroy their lives too

Still going on with the fascist war on drugs I see Oklahoma! The drug cartels thank you.

That's just an ignorant claim. Here in Oregon where pot is legal, the drug cartel activity is now worse than ever!

Police: Cartels in Oregon are morphing their pot-growing ops​

SALEM (AP) — Foreign drug cartels that established illegal outdoor marijuana farms in Oregon last year are adapting as pressure on them begins to mount, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Their idea of liberty is kind of like the talibans idea of it. It it the bibical puriten form of liberty and being a slave to a silly and dumb form of repression.

Water is dry
Oppression is freedom
Wrong is right.
So the citizens decide for themselves they do not want to legalize recreational pot, and that makes them comparable to the Taliban?
Your comments are idiotic.

This is the usual druggie argument that if one bad habit didnt kill us then one more cant hurt either

But to me it just spells double trouble

Instead of only having to avoid drink drivers on the highway now there are potheads high on weed
Pot isn't really any different than alcohol. Saying alcohol is OK but pot isn't is pure hypocrisy.

If you don't like it don't use it.

Pot isn't really any different than alcohol. Saying alcohol is OK but pot isn't is pure hypocrisy.

If you don't like it don't use it.
Alcohol or pot in moderation is ok

But pot abuse leads to far worse drugs

Alcohol or pot in moderation is ok

But pot abuse leads to far worse drugs
So does alcohol abuse

again there is no difference between the 2

And if you want to determine if something is legal by using the extreme minority of people as a reason to ban stuff then we're going to have a very long list of banned substances and activities.

Forum List

Back