OMG federal workers get a pay raise in this deal?

The dems are intent to remind its workers where it's bread is buttered.

Think not?

You should have listened to Mudwhistle screaming yesterday.

• Banned
Everytime I get a govt contract I am paid more than I would be in the private sector. I am FORCED to pay my help a prevailing wage that in most cases is far above what the private sector pays. And now that pay is being increased again.

This is the definition of insanity.

?????????????????
Why is that insanity. Living wage? Cost of living expense!
Ever hear of that or do you still live in pre-1980's.

Everytime I get a govt contract I am paid more than I would be in the private sector. I am FORCED to pay my help a prevailing wage that in most cases is far above what the private sector pays. And now that pay is being increased again.

• Banned
?????????????????

22 bucks per hour to push a broom on a construction site is not a "living wage" it is lunacy

?????????????????

22 bucks per hour to push a broom on a construction site is not a "living wage" it is lunacy

So, you go do that. Get "rich." Apparently you think that is crazy-big money.

?????????????????

It's a 1% raise and the first raise in 3 years. So if someone is making $30,000 they will be getting an extra $25 a month. BFD.

Corporate America should be so generous. Its modus operandi is to fire someone and split the job amongst two existing workers with no extra pay.

I'll give you another example of government stupidity in wages.

When we did ACOE jobs they had an inspector that walked the jobsites regularly with a a clipboard. If he caught a laborer manipulating or handeling material or equipment that didn't fall under the classification of his job it would be noted and I would be REQUIRED to change his pay scale from laborer to whatever the pay scale was for the skilled position of whatever he happened to be doing. If he was carying tile he got tile setter wages. If he was hauling doors he got trim carpenter wages. Etc

I finally quit bidding ACOE jobs because of all the bullshit

?????????????????

So, you go do that. Get "rich." Apparently you think that is crazy-big money.

When I got a half dozen laborers and im the one paying them it is alot of money ya moron

Boehner and McConnel are Obama's little bitches. Lets face it, the Communists/Progressives control both Political Parties at this point. Is there any hope for an alternative? Right now i would have to say no. These are very dark times.

“The promise of a modest pay raise and back pay for furloughed government employees are good first steps in recognizing the value of federal workers,”

it's like no child left behind. :lmao:

We're going to borrow money from China and monetaize more debt ot give federal workers recognition for their indespenable roll as part of the demise fo the American economy and currency!

That's very special.

The problem is we just got done with a huge spat regarding borrowing money to pay for things we can not afford on revenue. That included a default.

Can you even imagine the laughter in a board room full of private sector execs who just got done negotiating a refinance on the brink of bankruptcy, when "Stanley" turns the powerpoint presentation tab one notch and everyone see's he's planning to offer a 1% increase to all employees?

:rofl:

:lmao:

Serious. :lmao:

No, no. SERIOUSLY

Last edited:
It's like you people fucking slept through Econ or never graduated from high school. The most ridiculous group ever in the history of economics - LOLberals.

"Folks, it was a close call. We almost weren't able to borrow more money to spend. Which, of course, would have been catastrophic. So, to celebrate our ability to borrow money off the backs of our children and their children, we're going to give everybody a raise!"

That you and your employees are both being paid what you are worth?

You are nuts.

I'll give you another example of government stupidity in wages.

When we did ACOE jobs they had an inspector that walked the jobsites regularly with a a clipboard. If he caught a laborer manipulating or handeling material or equipment that didn't fall under the classification of his job it would be noted and I would be REQUIRED to change his pay scale from laborer to whatever the pay scale was for the skilled position of whatever he happened to be doing. If he was carying tile he got tile setter wages. If he was hauling doors he got trim carpenter wages. Etc

I finally quit bidding ACOE jobs because of all the bullshit

In other words, you were paying your workers less than what you earlier contracted to pay.

Integrity?

Forum List

Back