OMG federal workers get a pay raise in this deal?

Everytime I get a govt contract I am paid more than I would be in the private sector. I am FORCED to pay my help a prevailing wage that in most cases is far above what the private sector pays. And now that pay is being increased again.

This is the definition of insanity.

That you and your employees are both being paid what you are worth?

You are nuts.

Stfu troll. You have NO IDEA what the value of my work is. None

I'll give you another example of government stupidity in wages.

When we did ACOE jobs they had an inspector that walked the jobsites regularly with a a clipboard. If he caught a laborer manipulating or handeling material or equipment that didn't fall under the classification of his job it would be noted and I would be REQUIRED to change his pay scale from laborer to whatever the pay scale was for the skilled position of whatever he happened to be doing. If he was carying tile he got tile setter wages. If he was hauling doors he got trim carpenter wages. Etc

I finally quit bidding ACOE jobs because of all the bullshit

In other words, you were paying your workers less than what you earlier contracted to pay.

Integrity?

Again clueless.

If a secretary mails a letter for her boss is she suddenly subject to postal worke or mail room clerk pay?

You are an idiot

The problem is we just got done with a huge spat regarding borrowing money to pay for things we can not afford on revenue. That included a default.

Can you even imagine the laughter in a board room full of private sector execs who just got done negotiating a refinance on the brink of bankruptcy, when "Stanley" turns the powerpoint presentation tab one notch and everyone see's he's planning to offer a 1% increase to all employees?

:rofl:

:lmao:

Serious. :lmao:

No, no. SERIOUSLY

Seriously--depending upon the industry of this hypothetical "Stanley"--he may lose his job because of employee turnover. 1% is a shitty raise, after so many years of effective wage stagnation or loss.

Raises across the board. Fuck it, it's not my money and you may not actually be worth it. In fact you've been doing a poor job lately and not getting along with your coworkers and your production has slipped dramatically but screw it. You exist therefore you deserve....

Right libbies?

Fucking idiots

It's like you people fucking slept through Econ or never graduated from high school. The most ridiculous group ever in the history of economics - LOLberals.

I can really tell that you are a business owner and not an economist, TASB. Capitalism requires continual growth; continual economic growth requires growth in commerce; economic activity won't grow if general wage structure doesn't grow.

You right wingers would put the economy in cold storage forever, just to save a few dollars in taxation.

?????????????????
Why is that insanity. Living wage? Cost of living expense!
Ever hear of that or do you still live in pre-1980's.

Everytime I get a govt contract I am paid more than I would be in the private sector. I am FORCED to pay my help a prevailing wage that in most cases is far above what the private sector pays. And now that pay is being increased again.

Because dumbass, it forces inflation.... In order for Government to pay people more it has to take more from others. NM, you're too stupid to understand basic logic.

Inflation actually is better for the middle class than sustained high unemployment rates, because inflation can reduce actual debt in real dollar terms. That's why the government, since Ronald Reagan, has focused on fighting inflation instead of unemployment--inflation devalues the bank's position regarding debtors.

I'm certain you're too stupid to get this, though.

It's like you people fucking slept through Econ or never graduated from high school. The most ridiculous group ever in the history of economics - LOLberals.

I can really tell that you are a business owner and not an economist, TASB. Capitalism requires continual growth; continual economic growth requires growth in commerce; economic activity won't grow if general wage structure doesn't grow.

You right wingers would put the economy in cold storage forever, just to save a few dollars in taxation.

Capitalism requirs continual growth? :lmao:

That's a lot of growth in the form of hot air algae.

Buzzwords and soundbites and memes Oh my!

You dont know shit about economics, son. I've been round the debate table with you before.

Last edited:
?????????????????

Because dumbass, it forces inflation.... In order for Government to pay people more it has to take more from others. NM, you're too stupid to understand basic logic.

Inflation actually is better for the middle class than sustained high unemployment rates, because inflation can reduce actual debt in real dollar terms. That's why the government, since Ronald Reagan, has focused on fighting inflation instead of unemployment--inflation devalues the bank's position regarding debtors.

Yes, of course! Because it's either monetary inflation or high unemployment! those are the choices!

?????????????????

Well I admit, the middle class is doing great under your rule.

/owned

/bye.

?????????????????

:clap:

Thank you Federal government workers for the job that you do.

I especially liked the way FEMA handled the Sandy storm.

:clap2:

:redface:

I'll give you another example of government stupidity in wages.

When we did ACOE jobs they had an inspector that walked the jobsites regularly with a a clipboard. If he caught a laborer manipulating or handeling material or equipment that didn't fall under the classification of his job it would be noted and I would be REQUIRED to change his pay scale from laborer to whatever the pay scale was for the skilled position of whatever he happened to be doing. If he was carying tile he got tile setter wages. If he was hauling doors he got trim carpenter wages. Etc

I finally quit bidding ACOE jobs because of all the bullshit

In other words, you were paying your workers less than what you earlier contracted to pay.

Integrity?

Again clueless.

If a secretary mails a letter for her boss is she suddenly subject to postal worke or mail room clerk pay?

You are an idiot

We are talking about your lack of ethics in the CONTRACT you signed.

You are the reason why businesses must be regulated.

That you and your employees are both being paid what you are worth?

You are nuts.

Stfu troll. You have NO IDEA what the value of my work is. None

The value is determined by contract.

You are not honest.

Integrity?

Again clueless.

You are an idiot

Alright genius. What did the contracts I signed stipulate about what my laborers are allowed to do under their job desceiption?

I suspect again you are fucking clueless.

To you apparently carrying a box of Marble turns you into a certified stone setter/mason thusly entitled to the pay and benefits of the man you delivered it to so HE could install it.

You are a fucking moron

Again clueless.

You are an idiot

Alright genius. What did the contracts I signed stipulate about what my laborers are allowed to do under their job desceiption?

I suspect again you are fucking clueless.

To you apparently carrying a box of Marble turns you into a certified stone setter/mason thusly entitled to the pay and benefits of the man you delivered it to so HE could install it.

You are a fucking moron

You told us you got gigged for people doing things for which they were not getting paid.

YOU told US.

Are you successful in your business?

Forum List

Back