OMG federal workers get a pay raise in this deal?

particuliarally the common Soldier, Airman, Marine, Sailor, Coastguardsman...When was the last time they saw a substantial raise? Cuts to them, anyone?

Just not the time for pay-raises and massive pork projects like McConnel's Dam in Kentucky. It is a 'Let them eat Cake' mentality now.

WHY is Obama cutting the military? WHY are the Repubs blindly allowing it? WE are still in WAR...:eusa_whistle:

The Military will be fine. The Communists/Progressives are staunch Interventionists. And they run both Political Parties at this point. They love sending our kids off to far-flung Hell-Holes. They use and abuse our Military. Check this out. It's pretty interesting and enlightening...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLftg-tIlE]John Stossel - Progressives And War - YouTube[/ame]

The point of this thread wasn't to demean individual government workers. Yes there are leeches, yes there are hard workers. That's not the point.

Raises in the private sector are based on individual merit. Who's the hard worker going above and beyond. I have NEVER met an individual who received a raise simply because they existed. That kind of business management leads to businesses going belly up.

I submit that rather than across the board raises an internal audit of all departments should have been done. Unproductive positions and individual workers should be dismissed and those that are indeed necessary and have dedicated themselves to their jobs could have gotten raises where it was necessary to maintain a positive work environment.

Point is the government IS BLOATED and the savings from consolidating positions could have easily paid for any raises AND saved money.

Instead you just dip into my pocket as well as my childrens and grandchildrens to pay for this irresponsible expenditure.

Idiocy

The point of this thread wasn't to demean individual government workers. Yes there are leeches, yes there are hard workers. That's not the point.

Raises in the private sector are based on individual merit. Who's the hard worker going above and beyond. I have NEVER met an individual who received a raise simply because they existed. That kind of business management leads to businesses going belly up.

I submit that rather than across the board raises an internal audit of all departments should have been done. Unproductive positions and individual workers should be dismissed and those that are indeed necessary and have dedicated themselves to their jobs could have gotten raises where it was necessary to maintain a positive work environment.

Point is the government IS BLOATED and the savings from consolidating positions could have easily paid for any raises AND saved money.

Instead you just dip into my pocket as well as my childrens and grandchildrens to pay for this irresponsible expenditure.

Idiocy

Fucking hell.

When will you idiots realize that not all government employees are fat cats doing nothing at work and cashing huge paychecks?

Personally, i've never expressed that sentiment.
Really? Who wrote this: "The Government Class goes on raping & pillaging."

It wasn't me.

I'm a government employee. You just called me a rapist and a pillager.

So fuck you.

Some are, and some aren't. The ones who made these recent decisions are. It's not the time for pay-raises and massive pork projects like McConnel's Dam in Kentucky.

Idiocy
Yeah. I earned an $850 dollar bonus this year for saving the Corps $20,000 by doing myself what they used to have to contract out.

The paperwork rescinding the bonus was processed the day after the paperwork authorizing it. Nobody got bonuses this year.

On edit: You're welcome for saving the government $19,150.

Personally, i've never expressed that sentiment.
Really? Who wrote this: "The Government Class goes on raping & pillaging."

It wasn't me.

I'm a government employee. You just called me a rapist and a pillager.

So fuck you.

Some are, and some aren't. The ones who made these recent decisions are. It's not the time for pay-raises and massive pork projects like McConnel's Dam in Kentucky.
You need to spend just a few moments thinking before you post.

Idiocy
Yeah. I earned an $850 dollar bonus this year for saving the Corps $20,000 by doing myself what they used to have to contract out.

The paperwork rescinding the bonus was processed the day after the paperwork authorizing it. Nobody got bonuses this year.

On edit: You're welcome for saving the government $19,150.

Well, I retired and they hired a chick with 5 months experience to replace me. It took them 4 months to get her off orientation. LOL. Don't you just LUV saving Uncle Sam's money??? ?? :D

Idiocy

You must not have met many union workers. The type working in a 'closed shop'.
While I know many worthy people who work for the Federal government, I know at least as many who are under-qualified and incapable of doing their jobs. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to slim down the work force while still retaining the useful folks.

First off, Congressional raises are automatic. They are a far greater percentage than the run-of-the-mill grunt worker (most of whose pay has been frozen for the last 2-3 years.) We need to change the way our Congress-critters get pay raises. Instead of having to vote 'NO' in order to stop their annual pay raise, we need to put that responsibility on the voters. Put the question on the ballot: "Do you authorize a pay increase of xx% for your Representative/Senator?" Let the people decide whether we want to give them their raises.

The Government workers that got furloughed are making out like bandits in this shutdown......
A pay raise along with 18 days of paid vacation.

Idiocy

There is no way my position could have been 'consolidated.' It took two people to replace me.

22 bucks per hour to push a broom on a construction site is not a "living wage" it is lunacy

So, you go do that. Get "rich." Apparently you think that is crazy-big money.

When I got a half dozen laborers and im the one paying them it is alot of money ya moron

You don't want to pay prevailing wages? Then don't do state or fed contracts. But you won't do that, because you're getting a fat check for that contract work.

"Folks, it was a close call. We almost weren't able to borrow more money to spend. Which, of course, would have been catastrophic. So, to celebrate our ability to borrow money off the backs of our children and their children, we're going to give everybody a raise!"

:lmao:

We successfully borrowed more money to pay our debt.

"Folks, it was a close call. We almost weren't able to borrow more money to spend. Which, of course, would have been catastrophic. So, to celebrate our ability to borrow money off the backs of our children and their children, we're going to give everybody a raise!"

We successfully got permission to borrow more money to pay our debt. Whether anyone is willing to lend us that money is up for grabs!

$barack_obama_toast_AP.jpg

$4a02fd195374f2a9a12620b79976c2d4.jpg

$33bf-USA-OBAMA-GUNS.jpgUnited States is under water, not a matter of if but when the announcement will be made, " Sorry Your F@@ked ". :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Indeed...Our future prodginy will curse us with saddling them with debt they had NO say so over...

WHY doesn't the elite in the District Of Criminals get it? And moreover? Do they care? Apparently not. They filled up on more 'pie' than they deserve...:eusa_whistle:

So, you go do that. Get "rich." Apparently you think that is crazy-big money.

When I got a half dozen laborers and im the one paying them it is alot of money ya moron

You don't want to pay prevailing wages? Then don't do state or fed contracts. But you won't do that, because you're getting a fat check for that contract work.
Please try to keep up. I haven't taken one of those contracts in ages.

We successfully got permission to borrow more money to pay our debt. Whether anyone is willing to lend us that money is up for grabs!
Well now, the Federal Reserve and Social Security combined are the largest lenders of government debt. In other words, the US Government is its own largest loaner of the government debt.
Can you say "House Of Cards"?

Which is the country equivalent of taking out a new credit card in order to pay the minimum payments due on a few hundred maxed out ones.

Forum List

Back