On religion, I agree with Thomas Jefferson

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. ... Reason and free enquiry are the only effectual agents against error..”

Keep churches out of the secular world, out of government, out of schools, keep government out of churches.

Whether you believe in a god or not, surely you recognize the value in protecting both.

what about 1956 ....

E pluribus unum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In God we trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956 as an alternative or replacement to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, which was adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.

as the official motto of the United States

they seem to think they can speak for everyone ...

I don't think you understnd what Jefferson meant because you consisently take positions contrary to what he has said.

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world and do not find in our particular superstition [Christianity] one redeeming feature." Thomas Jefferson

"Religions are all alike- founded upon fables and mythologies." Thomas Jefferson

- from "Fav Quotes" a Notepad file :)

I don't think you understnd what Jefferson meant because you consisently take positions contrary to what he has said.

... says one who preaches that she knows what god means and then consistently posts anti-chrisitian opinions of hate and intolerance.

Since you you what Mr Jefferson "meant", perhaps you would be so kind as to educate me.

Forum List

Back