Once again, another active shooter.

Anyone surprised? [Aurora, IL]

I am surprised. I thought the draconian anti-gun laws of Illinois were supposed to prevent such things.

No, you're confused, gun laws do not prevent such events, no more than speed limits prevent speeding. If you need to have someone explain 1) why speed laws do not prevent speeders, and 2) why we need speed limits please ask.

So, what is it you are proposing, Wry? 90 million weapons already exist and in the hands of the people. Why do propose as to what must be done???

I've proposed sensible gun control laws ad nausea; and the response, the only response - I get is "shall not be infringed", along with the usual push of the funny button and the more common ad hominem.

How many more acts, statutes, codes and ordinances need to be put in place along with the hundreds of others already in place? My right to protect me and mine doesn't come from a corporate entity that believes that it can bestow "privileges" on it's debt slaves. Many of these "mass shootings" are orchestrated events in order to sway the uneducated masses into accepting more draconian rules and many of us can see right through it.
Aurora Colorado. . . . . Aurora Illinois. . . ????

:eusa_think:

what are the odds? :tinfoil:

. . . . I gotta say, I would sure hate to live in any place named Parkland or New Town at this point.
PersonalCrispArrowworm-max-1mb.gif

I am surprised. I thought the draconian anti-gun laws of Illinois were supposed to prevent such things.

No, you're confused, gun laws do not prevent such events, no more than speed limits prevent speeding. If you need to have someone explain 1) why speed laws do not prevent speeders, and 2) why we need speed limits please ask.

I am not confused. People like you say we have to get rid of firearms after such incidents, but this (and your response) shows even you know such laws DON'T accomplish what is claimed and will be totally ineffective. We have laws against murder that are very effective if enforced. Why not focus on them rather than gun "control", which will control nothing.
Funny how countries with strong gun control don’t have this problem...

Despite Gun Control Advocates' Claims, U.S. Isn't The Worst Country For Mass Shootings | Investor's Business Daily

So, what is it you are proposing, Wry? 90 million weapons already exist and in the hands of the people. Why do propose as to what must be done???

I've proposed sensible gun control laws ad nausea; and the response, the only response - I get is "shall not be infringed", along with the usual push of the funny button and the more common ad hominem.
Further confirmation of the fact that most conservatives are stupid and ignorant.

We see that stupidity manifest with the right’s slippery slope fallacy about ‘gun control’ leading to ‘confiscation’ – or some other such idiocy.

Indeed, the issue of gun crime and violence can be addressed absent additional firearm regulatory measures.

It's not a fallacy.....first they said they just want to ban magazines that hold 10 bullets...now they are calling for magazines that hold more than 5...that is a fact......now, the new play is to call for a ban on any semi-auto pistol that merely has the ability to accept a magazine that holds more than 10...knowing that a magazine can be made to hold any number of bullets they want.....so that means all semi-auto pistols can be banned...including shotguns and other tube guns because they want any tube magazine that holds more than 10....which means any shot gun or .22 rifle because they can hold short rounds that give them more than 10 round capacity...

So sell your baloney about there being no "slippery slope" to people who don't understand the issue...because there is a slope, and the anti-gunners will use it to ban antyhing they can.....

That is a lie.....each time you propose your "sensible gun control laws" they are each addressed and explained, in depth, as to why they do not control criminals or mass shooters, and why they are simply used to make private ownership of guns by law abiding citizens more difficult....then you storm off in a huff and lie about what we say to you when you do it...

They're reporting it was a co-worker, and he used a pistol. So what are we supposed to take away from this exactly?
That in American society violence is a sanctioned and legitimate means of conflict resolution.

No...it isn't.....we just have a political party, the democrat party, that has a policy of allowing known, repeat, violent gun offenders out on bail, and out of jail over and over again.......then they use the gun deaths that result from their very own policies as reasons to take guns away from law abiding people, who don't use their guns for illegal activity.....

And of course it was a "gun free zone". It's a workplace. Who lets you brings your gun to work? :dunno:
More guns will solve EVERYTHING!

It does solve mass public shootings...since the first thing that is done in response to a mass public shooting is to send in lots of good people with guns....

And as has been pointed out, when civilians are allowed to have their guns in public spaces, they stop mass public shooters 94% of the time, and reduce the death and injury rates.....so yes...more guns in the hands of good people solves mass public shootings....especially when you understand that getting rid of gun free zones keeps mass public shooters from attacking in the first place....

Alright assholes, who slacked on their thoughts and prayers?! :mad:
Plenty of Muslims offer thoughts and prayers. Are you an islamophobic bigot?

That is the official Republican slogan for dealing with mass shootings....."Thoughts and Prayers...."

No..those are to comfort the victims.....the real slogan for dealing with mass shootings...as research shows...is good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns....

Armed civilians in mass public shootings are effective at stopping the attack and reducing the deaths and injuries 94% of the time.......that is the truth.

And looks like 6 officers shot. Officers shot is really rare in countries with strong gun control. Hope they decide they don't want to constantly be shot and fight for gun control soon.

What race is this shooter? His mother's name is "Tameka Martin."

He was convicted in 1994 of stabbing a woman....how did he get a gun and pass a background check with that conviction?

Another failure of the anti-gun god "Background checks."

6 dead in Aurora factory shooting; mom says gunman was laid off, 'stressed out'

Court records show that Martin was convicted of stabbing a woman in Mississippi in 1994.

He was a black guy......which means, in Illinois, he was likely a democrat.........

Workplace Shooter Identified As 45-Year-Old Employee Gary Martin Of Aurora

So...let us review why this story will now disappear...

--He did not use an AR-15 rifle

--He was black.

--He was likely a democrat/

--He was likely not a Trump supporter....

Sooooo....Never Mind...

And looks like 6 officers shot. Officers shot is really rare in countries with strong gun control. Hope they decide they don't want to constantly be shot and fight for gun control soon.

Britain has increasing flow of illegal guns into the country, and even before they banned and confiscated guns they didn't have criminals murdering police.......the act of murder is not dependent on the gun, but on the criminal choosing to murder the police officers...you moron.

That is the official Republican slogan for dealing with mass shootings....."Thoughts and Prayers...."

No..those are to comfort the victims.....the real slogan for dealing with mass shootings...as research shows...is good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns....

Armed civilians in mass public shootings are effective at stopping the attack and reducing the deaths and injuries 94% of the time.......that is the truth.
Funny how 6 armed police officers got shot. Everybody just keeps getting shot. This doesn't happen with strong gun control. I suppose arming police would stop them from being shot? Oh wait....

Britain has increasing flow of illegal guns into the country, and even before they banned and confiscated guns they didn't have criminals murdering police.......the act of murder is not dependent on the gun, but on the criminal choosing to murder the police officers...you moron.
I can't remember their last mass shooting and their homicide rate is 1/4 of ours. Law enforcement is rarely killed. And yes it is dependent on guns. Just like you get all your courage from guns, criminals are empowered by them.

Funny how 6 armed police officers got shot. Everybody just keeps getting shot. This doesn't happen with strong gun control. I suppose arming police would stop them from being shot? Oh wait....

Britain doesn't have strong gun control...and their criminals aren't murdering police.....your argument has no basis in truth, facts or reality...

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.
==========

Crime will continue to rise until us bobbies are released from the shackles of the PC police

The national crime figures released this week confirmed what my colleagues and I have known for some time. Violent crime is out of control and criminals now see certain cities and towns across the country as places where they can act with impunity.

This is not just about gangland battles in the likes of Brixton or Tottenham. What we are facing is a national crisis, fast spreading across the provinces.

In the West Midlands, for example, we had a murder rate last year on a par with that of London. Gun crime in our region is running at similarly high levels and violent thugs in my area have developed a

Britain doesn't have strong gun control...and their criminals aren't murdering police.....your argument has no basis in truth, facts or reality...

Police
and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.
==========

Crime will continue to rise until us bobbies are released from the shackles of the PC police

The national crime figures released this week confirmed what my colleagues and I have known for some time. Violent crime is out of control and criminals now see certain cities and towns across the country as places where they can act with impunity.

This is not just about gangland battles in the likes of Brixton or Tottenham. What we are facing is a national crisis, fast spreading across the provinces.

In the West Midlands, for example, we had a murder rate last year on a par with that of London. Gun crime in our region is running at similarly high levels and violent thugs in my area have developed a
When was their last officer shot? When was their last mass shooting?

I can't remember their last mass shooting and their homicide rate is 1/4 of ours. Law enforcement is rarely killed. And yes it is dependent on guns. Just like you get all your courage from guns, criminals are empowered by them.

You know Britain averaged a mass public shooting once every 10 years...before they banned guns.....now, after they banned guns, they have had almost 5.....each stopped through dumb luck, not their gun control laws....

Teenage boys planned to 'kill everyone' at Yorkshire school in Columbine-style gun and bomb massacre, court hears

Two teenage boys planned to “kill everyone” at their Yorkshireschool in a Columbine-style massacre using bombs and guns, a court has heard.

---------------------------

The document said the boy would “lay low” in Catterick before murdering his ex-girlfriend’s parents and stealing her father’s guns, the court heard.

“I’ll make some explosives then well find a way back to Northallerton and well begin our assault on that f****** school,” it continued

----

"This was no teenage fantasy; it was real,” he added. “They intended a re-enactment of the Columbine High School Massacre although fortunately, in the result, they were stopped before their plans were put into action.”

.4/6/18

Doctor found with stash of guns and NHS hitlist jailed

A former doctor has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for stockpiling guns with the intent to endanger life.

Martin Watt was found with three submachine guns, two pistols and 1,500 live cartridges at a property in Cumbernauld, Scotland, last year.

The 62-year-old had lost his job at Monklands hospital in North Lanarkshire in 2012 after disciplinary hearings. His marriage broke down around the same time, the high court in Glasgow was told.

Watt had compiled a list of names and addresses of some colleagues involved in the disciplinary process, which the judge, Valerie Stacey, said Watt had referred to as an assassination list.
=======

Here is the updat, the original is below..

Yep.....this 19 year old got bombs and a glock 19 and 94 rounds of 9mm ammo on the dark web in Britain in order to murder people at the University he used to attend..........

I guess their gun control laws stopped him...right? Or was it pure, dumb luck.....?

-------------

British teen sentenced to life for planned school attack

Despite some of the tightest gun control on the planet, a British man was able to acquire a handgun, extended mags and explosives as part of a plot to attack his former school.

Liam Lyburd, 19, of Newcastle upon Tyne, was sentenced to life imprisonment this week on eight charges of possessing weapons with intent to endanger life.

As noted by the BBC, Lyburd gathered a cache that included a Glock 19, three 33-round magazines, 94 hollow-point bullets, CS gas, five pipe bombs and two other improvised explosive devices despite the country’s long history of civilian arms control.

According to court documents, Lyburd planned to use the weapons in an attack on Newcastle College, from which he had been expelled two years prior for poor attendance. He was arrested last November after two Northumbria Police constables visited him at his home on a tip from an individual who encountered threats and disturbing pictures posted by Lyburd online.

Despite a defense that portrayed the reclusive man as living in a fantasy world, Lyburd was found guilty in July.

The internet-savvy teen obtained the Glock and other items through Evolution Marketplace, a successor to the Silk Road, a long-time “dark web” site in which users could buy and sell everything from illegal narcotics to munitions using Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

In court, Lyburd testified that buying the Glock was so easy it was “like buying a bar of chocolate.”

He obtained funds for his purchases through a complex extortion scheme in which he used online malware to infect computers, which he in turn held for ransom from their owners.

====http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/13/teenage-boy-took-shotgun-school-bullied-fat/

15-year-old boy arrested for taking shotgun and ammunition into school did it because he was being bullied for being too fat, fellow pupils said.

=======

'Gunman' walks into Liverpool nursery school as children were playing inside

Police have sealed off a children's nursery in Liverpool amid reports a gunman walked into the building while youngsters were inside.

Officers were called to Childs Play Nursery in Wavertree, Merseyside, at around 8am this morning.

The man, who is believed to have been carrying what looked like a firearm, walked into the nursery and approached another man.

He then left with a second man on the back of a motorbike.

Children among 10 people in hospital after mass shooting in Manchester

Ten people, including two children, were taken to hospital after a shooting at a street party in the Moss Side area of Manchester.

Armed police officers rushed to the scene on a residential street at 2.30am on Sunday, where a party was being held following a Caribbean Carnival at a nearby park.

Police

==========

When was their last officer shot? When was their last mass shooting?

Their criminals have guns...lots of guns... they just don't shoot their police...yet.....and they almost had 5 mass public shootings.....with only dumb luck stopping them from becoming mass public shootings...

Teenage boys planned to 'kill everyone' at Yorkshire school in Columbine-style gun and bomb massacre, court hears

Two teenage boys planned to “kill everyone” at their Yorkshireschool in a Columbine-style massacre using bombs and guns, a court has heard.

---------------------------

The document said the boy would “lay low” in Catterick before murdering his ex-girlfriend’s parents and stealing her father’s guns, the court heard.

“I’ll make some explosives then well find a way back to Northallerton and well begin our assault on that f****** school,” it continued

----

"This was no teenage fantasy; it was real,” he added. “They intended a re-enactment of the Columbine High School Massacre although fortunately, in the result, they were stopped before their plans were put into action.”

.4/6/18

Doctor found with stash of guns and NHS hitlist jailed

A former doctor has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for stockpiling guns with the intent to endanger life.

Martin Watt was found with three submachine guns, two pistols and 1,500 live cartridges at a property in Cumbernauld, Scotland, last year.

The 62-year-old had lost his job at Monklands hospital in North Lanarkshire in 2012 after disciplinary hearings. His marriage broke down around the same time, the high court in Glasgow was told.

Watt had compiled a list of names and addresses of some colleagues involved in the disciplinary process, which the judge, Valerie Stacey, said Watt had referred to as an assassination list.
=======

Here is the updat, the original is below..

Yep.....this 19 year old got bombs and a glock 19 and 94 rounds of 9mm ammo on the dark web in Britain in order to murder people at the University he used to attend..........

I guess their gun control laws stopped him...right? Or was it pure, dumb luck.....?

-------------

British teen sentenced to life for planned school attack

Despite some of the tightest gun control on the planet, a British man was able to acquire a handgun, extended mags and explosives as part of a plot to attack his former school.

Liam Lyburd, 19, of Newcastle upon Tyne, was sentenced to life imprisonment this week on eight charges of possessing weapons with intent to endanger life.

As noted by the BBC, Lyburd gathered a cache that included a Glock 19, three 33-round magazines, 94 hollow-point bullets, CS gas, five pipe bombs and two other improvised explosive devices despite the country’s long history of civilian arms control.

According to court documents, Lyburd planned to use the weapons in an attack on Newcastle College, from which he had been expelled two years prior for poor attendance. He was arrested last November after two Northumbria Police constables visited him at his home on a tip from an individual who encountered threats and disturbing pictures posted by Lyburd online.

Despite a defense that portrayed the reclusive man as living in a fantasy world, Lyburd was found guilty in July.

The internet-savvy teen obtained the Glock and other items through Evolution Marketplace, a successor to the Silk Road, a long-time “dark web” site in which users could buy and sell everything from illegal narcotics to munitions using Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

In court, Lyburd testified that buying the Glock was so easy it was “like buying a bar of chocolate.”

He obtained funds for his purchases through a complex extortion scheme in which he used online malware to infect computers, which he in turn held for ransom from their owners.

====Teenage boy 'took shotgun to school after being bullied for being fat'

15-year-old boy arrested for taking shotgun and ammunition into school did it because he was being bullied for being too fat, fellow pupils said.

=======

'Gunman' walks into Liverpool nursery school as children were playing inside

Police have sealed off a children's nursery in Liverpool amid reports a gunman walked into the building while youngsters were inside.

Officers were called to Childs Play Nursery in Wavertree, Merseyside, at around 8am this morning.

The man, who is believed to have been carrying what looked like a firearm, walked into the nursery and approached another man.

He then left with a second man on the back of a motorbike.

Children among 10 people in hospital after mass shooting in Manchester

Ten people, including two children, were taken to hospital after a shooting at a street party in the Moss Side area of Manchester.

Armed police officers rushed to the scene on a residential street at 2.30am on Sunday, where a party was being held following a Caribbean Carnival at a nearby park.

How about a link retard so we can find out the truth and laugh at you again.

Turn on Fox News, even they are reporting the incident. Few details have been released, thus the A-holes above who claim it was Democrat and/or mocked this thread have once again proved to be damn liars and worse.

Wrong douchebag. He was black so more than likely a democrat.

And it was a gun free zone. We are as always, right.

Forum List

Back