Once again, spending is way down under a Democratic President

you gotta wonder, where'd the money go? And that goes for both parties. I mean, sure, in a recession spending goes up. But the recession's over. We've brought the folks back from the Iraq debacle.

Obamacare aside, because at least you know it's there and the deficit effect can be measured in the future, but we're SPENDING TWICE AS MUCH NOW AS WHEN SLICK LEFT OFFICE!

We've become an entitlement society, Ben. Foodstamp use is through the roof. People are on unemployment for years. Disability claims have exploded. Now we'll be adding yet another unfunded entitlement program in ObamaCare. If you think we're spending a lot now...just wait until ten years from now when the real costs of this health care "reform" become apparent. We're either going to see huge tax increases to cover this stuff or we'll see massive additions to the national debt and subsequent downgrades of our credit rating.

The figures don't really support this common wisdom. Rather, if you look at table 4.1 it's more or less an accross the board spending orgy.

Historical Tables | The White House

Though, without doubt the boomers exiting the employed will put "a strain" on it. We never should have cut taxes under BushI and the spending orgy of the 13 years is outrageous.

Obama is the biggest spender in history, and the debt has NOT gone down under his reign, it has skyrocketed. To claim otherwise is ridiculous.

Well, actually spending went up more under BushI than Obama, though congressional repbulicans enabled the boy warrior king and put the brakes on after 2010, and spending actually did go down in 2012, though it's still obscenely high.

Again see the above link and the first table. Revenues are recovering from the recession, and spending is slightly down, but saying that is sort of akin to noting the weather's improving as we enter they eye of a hurricane.

you gotta wonder, where'd the money go? And that goes for both parties. I mean, sure, in a recession spending goes up. But the recession's over. We've brought the folks back from the Iraq debacle.

Obamacare aside, because at least you know it's there and the deficit effect can be measured in the future, but we're SPENDING TWICE AS MUCH NOW AS WHEN SLICK LEFT OFFICE!

We've become an entitlement society, Ben. Foodstamp use is through the roof. People are on unemployment for years. Disability claims have exploded. Now we'll be adding yet another unfunded entitlement program in ObamaCare. If you think we're spending a lot now...just wait until ten years from now when the real costs of this health care "reform" become apparent. We're either going to see huge tax increases to cover this stuff or we'll see massive additions to the national debt and subsequent downgrades of our credit rating.
Typical Right-wing exaggerations, Even with the maximum number of extensions UI was always less than 2 years and in most states now it is under 1 year, and disability rates are increasing about the same as they were under Bush due to an aging Boomer workforce.

Typical Right-wing exaggerations, Even with the maximum number of extensions UI was always less than 2 years and in most states now it is under 1 year, and disability rates are increasing about the same as they were under Bush due to an aging Boomer workforce.

Nearly two years is close enough to two years to call it two years. Additionally, they can continue to collect other types of benefits even after UI runs out.

I've never met a person that was sooooo disabled they had to be paid to do nothing. Your idea of disabled and mine are probably in two completely different realms.

Nearly two years is close enough to two years to call it two years. Additionally, they can continue to collect other types of benefits even after UI runs out.

I've never met a person that was sooooo disabled they had to be paid to do nothing. Your idea of disabled and mine are probably in two completely different realms.

Well, I'm sorry, but I don't see the numbers backing up your beliefs. Yes, there are more people considered as having a disablity. But suggesting this is a substantive driving factor in govt spending is mathmatically absurd.

Well, I'm sorry, but I don't see the numbers backing up your beliefs. Yes, there are more people considered as having a disablity. But suggesting this is a substantive driving factor in govt spending is mathmatically absurd.

So you think our unemployment and disability numbers going up has nothing to do with the recession? Nothing to do with the economy loosing eight million jobs? Mathematically absurd? You mean statistically improbable? Based on ... what? Remove disability and UI and you'll have a lot more workers earning income in spite of their claimed failings, yes or no?

99 weeks is close enough to two years to call it two years.
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/11/06/unemployment-extension-adds-up-to-99-weeks-of-benefits/

Last edited:

So you think our unemployment and disability numbers going up has nothing to do with the recession? Nothing to do with the economy loosing eight million jobs? Mathematically absurd? You mean statistically improbable? Based on ... what? Remove disability and UI and you'll have a lot more workers earning income in spite of their claimed failings, yes or no?

Unemployment Extension Adds Up to 99 Weeks of Benefits - Real Time Economics - WSJ

I linked the budget tables on spending, and they just don't support your assumption that this is a big driver of spending.

Disability claims skyrocket: Here's why - Apr. 11, 2013

Unemployment Extension Adds Up to 99 Weeks of Benefits - Real Time Economics - WSJ

I linked the budget tables on spending, and they just don't support your assumption that this is a big driver of spending.

It's one of the big drivers. We are turning from a productive nation to a nation of entitled, that is not a good thing.

2E663D4BCEB9422BB036D0F0A1475126.ashx

04/09/2013 - National Debt to the Penny = $16,808,274,414,207.16

08/27/2013 - National Debt to the Penny = $16,738,408,908,240.13

That is a $69,865,505,967.03 reduction in national debt as of today.

It's also a boldface lie. Obama has been raiding federal pension funding that will have to be remunerated with future taxes and/or loans.

You can thank the Tea Party Obstructionists for the halting of the expansion of federal government. But we need to make a major correction to ameliorate the damages done by the massive spending increases enacted by the democrats in the first two years of Obama's reign of terror. Not to mention the increases Bush did.

Do you have a split personality? So are you now saying spending is decreasing & it's because of the Tea Party?

How in the hell could you come in under budget when you didn't have a budget to start with?

How about some real numbers?

2008: $2.98 trillion

2009: $3.27 trillion

2010: $3.46 trillion

2011: $3.60 trillion

2012: $3.65 trillion

2013: $3.72 trillion (projected)

And this is only what congress authorized him to spend, far below what he desired to spend.

The facts about the growth of spending under Obama - The Washington Post

News papers are in no way real numbers or fact especially when they use 18 month old "estimates" & "projections" instead of actual real time numbers.

FACT: Government spending is actually going down for the first time in over 66 years!

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

You can thank the Tea Party Obstructionists for the halting of the expansion of federal government. But we need to make a major correction to ameliorate the damages done by the massive spending increases enacted by the democrats in the first two years of Obama's reign of terror. Not to mention the increases Bush did.

BULLSHIT!

Obama and Democrats controlled both houses of Congress for 2 years. What did they do?

Obama and Democrats put us on The Extended-Baseline Scenario trajectory. If Congress does nothing the Extended-Baseline Scenario is already in place.

IF the Bush tax cuts don't expire and the AHA is not fully implemented or repealed the The Alternative Fiscal Scenario is the trajectory Teapublicans will take us if they gain enough power.

the CBO lays it out perfectly clear...CRYSTAL.

Federal Debt Held by the Public Under CBO’s Long-Term Budget Scenarios
(Percentage of gross domestic product)
SummaryFigure1_forBlog.png

The chart shows 2 scenarios. For all practical purposes, you can call the Extended-Baseline Scenario the Democrat scenario and the Alternative Fiscal Scenario the Teapublican scenario.

The Extended-Baseline Scenario adheres closely to current law. Under this scenario, the expiration of the tax cuts enacted since 2001 and most recently extended in 2010, the growing reach of the alternative minimum tax, the tax provisions of the recent health care legislation, and the way in which the tax system interacts with economic growth would result in steadily higher revenues relative to GDP.

The Alternative Fiscal Scenario
The budget outlook is much bleaker under the alternative fiscal scenario, which incorporates several changes to current law that are widely expected to occur or that would modify some provisions of law that might be difficult to sustain for a long period. Most important are the assumptions about revenues: that the tax cuts enacted since 2001 and extended most recently in 2010 will be extended; that the reach of the alternative minimum tax will be restrained to stay close to its historical extent; and that over the longer run, tax law will evolve further so that revenues remain near their historical average of 18 percent of GDP. This scenario also incorporates assumptions that Medicare’s payment rates for physicians will remain at current levels (rather than declining by about a third, as under current law) and that some policies enacted in the March 2010 health care legislation to restrain growth in federal health care spending will not continue in effect after 2021.

"Grover Norquist has no plan to pay this debt down. His plan says you continue to add to the debt..."
Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.)

That Raygunn was a real piece of work I see.
Being a child in the 80's born in the mid 70's Raygunn was the first American President I was conscious of.
He seemed like such a nice man.
Boy was I wrong.
I didn't pay too much attention, afterall I was an island boy growing up in the Caribbean enjoy myself.
Wasn't until Bush II, while living in NYC and after experiencing the WORST attack on US soil in modern history under such an incompetent Administration that I awoke from my slumber and got politically aware.
The Republicans have a history of spending like drunken sailors.
The biggest trick the devil did was to make the world believe he didn't exist.
The Republicans learn from the best.

These lib/progressives have convinced themselves Obama can do no wrong.
And anyone who challenges or criticizes Obama is to be attacked.
The first shot is to label them as 'racist'...

No ma'am...you're wrong.

*takes mic away*

20121001-173900-pic-343879053_s640x462.jpg

Most lib/progressives are not enthused with Obama. But you right wingers keep parroting the same bullshit line.

At least you right wing turds have found someone you hate more than Muslims...our President.

You folks become more and more sickening by the day.

Most lib/progressives are not enthused with Obama. But you right wingers keep parroting the same bullshit line.

At least you right wing turds have found someone you hate more than Muslims...our President.

You folks become more and more sickening by the day.
I'm already thoroughly disgusted by their reprehensible behavior lo these last few years.

Utterly disgusting!

*spits on the ground*

Forum List

Back