Once Middle Class, Now Homeless- Barbara Harvey, 68, is the new face

If she was an illegal pumping out kids like gerbils , Obama would set her up in a house ,pay her utilities , give her free medical, feed her , give her a cell phone , etc.........:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If she was an illegal pumping out kids like gerbils , Obama would set her up in a house ,pay her utilities , give her free medical, feed her , give her a cell phone , etc.........:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, Inorite!? Cuz none of that shit happens unless there's a Democrat in office!

:cuckoo:

the rising market collapse in the United States. Until recently, the Santa Barbara, California resident was living in a condo duplex with a job and a steady income. But she was living above her means and month-to-month on her expenses.

When she lost her job she had no savings, much like many people in the U.S., and she quickly lost her home and found herself living in her car with her two dogs

read more pics Photo Essay Once Middle Class, Now Homeless

Things are not as bad as they were during the Great Depression, and most everyone survived it. This woman was "....living above her means and month-to-month on her expenses." If she had savings and had not lived above her means, she'd be better off now. If so many people had not bought homes that were really above their means, they would not have lost them.

She had a job. Some part of that not clear?

Not sure what the point of the OP is, it's an article from 2008

SANTA BARBARA, California (CNN) -- Barbara Harvey climbs into the back of her small Honda sport utility vehicle and snuggles with her two golden retrievers, her head nestled on a pillow propped against the driver's seat.

Californian Barbara Harvey says she is forced to sleep in her car with her dogs after losing her job earlier this year.
A former loan processor, the 67-year-old mother of three grown children said she never thought she'd spend her golden years sleeping in her car in a parking lot.
"This is my bed, my dogs," she said. "This is my life in this car right now."

Harvey was forced into homelessness this year after being laid off. She said that three-quarters of her income went to paying rent in Santa Barbara, where the median house in the scenic oceanfront city costs more than $1 million. She lost her condo two months ago and had little savings as backup.
Mom forced to live in car with dogs - CNN.com

But....

It's been three years since Barbara Harvey turned in for the night in her Honda SUV, wedged between her golden retrievers and a pile of blankets in a barren parking lot in Santa Barbara, Calif. She'd lost her income, then her home, in the real estate crash that plunged the nation into a deep recession.

Surviving Recession - Unemployed, Posponing Retirement - AARP Bulletin

Oh looky :)

Barbara Harvey | LinkedIn

Where the hell were her kids to help her out? Wow.

I agree w/Esmerelda ... had she not lived above her means she wouldn't have lost everything.

The photo essay is the Real Life of Julia....

Maybe poor houses are in order.

Where is Scrooge when we really need him?

I like the original best:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MFN8yiVc0]A Christmas Carol -- Ignorance & Want - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_XjPFMWpmw]A Warning from the Ghost of Christmas .wmv - YouTube[/ame]

A con, by definition, always works to prove that it is the victim's fault. So there are several million homeless, me poor ignorant con tool. Living on the street. And I know you like it. But the rest of the world is looking at us and laughing. Only in america, and a number of 3rd world nations.

Rep request granted muthafucker. There's your con for ya. I am so going to town on the tards today.

We'll be seeing a lot more middle class slipping into homelessness, now that we have a third world dictator running our country.
Wow. Now there is a brilliant statement. Third world dictator??? Where do you buy your tin foil hats, dipshit. And, though you did not notice, it was a republican who presided over the great republican recession of 2008. And the republican congress who have refused to do anything to stimulate an economy with slow job growth.
Is ignorance bliss, dipshit???
And who is the fucking president now, dipshit, and has been for nearly 5 years? Who had control of the government for the first 2 years of his administration when the dictator got everything he wanted? $7 trillion added to the debt that was supposed to "fix" everything, what did it fix? Go drink some more fucking kool-aid, dipshit.

Forum List

Back