Once more with feeling- throw in a little intellectual honesty for grins and giggles

2nd is as most business's are a creation of the state in which they reside
where do you get this from?

~S~
Beat me to it, I wanna know, too!
I get that from the fact that most business's have a license or are an LLC,,,

what the government gives they can take away,,,

I see....

Yes biz is regulated via governance , methinks that is the term you want to use Hunter

Regulated Capitalism is no more than a level playing field provided by them

Prerequisites of licensure, insurance, WC, are protective elements for this reason

They are the environment attractive TO entrepreneurship, not the spawn of it

~S~

2nd is as most business's are a creation of the state in which they reside
where do you get this from?

~S~
Beat me to it, I wanna know, too!
I get that from the fact that most business's have a license or are an LLC,,,

what the government gives they can take away,,,

I see....

Yes biz is regulated via governance , methinks that is the term you want to use Hunter

Regulated Capitalism is no more than a level playing field provided by them

Prerequisites of licensure, insurance, WC, are protective elements for this reason

They are the environment attractive TO entrepreneurship, not the spawn of it

~S~
regulated capitalism is the first step to fascism,,,and it goes far beyond a level playing field,,
wait,,,what do you mean by level playing field???
that sounds very SJW to me,,,

anyways theres is a world of difference between capitalism and free market,,,
and in this context it allows the government to say if you can or cant open your business,,,

anyways theres is a world of difference between capitalism and free market,,,
and in this context it allows the government to say if you can or cant open your business,,,
Yes, except capitalism is wrongly applied to keynesean theory- it does take Capital to participate, but the source of the capital is where the problems occur- in keynesean theory, designed for the British Monarchy, it relies on top down spending- where the Monarchy got its origianal capital from I don't know- I do know our oligarchy borrows it's capital and coerces capital from citizens- it confiscates wealth and rewards its cronies with an unbridled path to wealth- our oligarchy has deemed itself at the top- there in lies one of the big problems we encounter- they, the oligarchs are servants- not royalty, though there is likely a lot of inbreeding involved-
ANYONE who calls our system capitalism is either ignorant, stupid, disingenuous or intellectually dishonest- ignorance can be forgiven, to a point, the other traits not so much.

Do governors have the right to decide which activities are essential?

During the past month, as Americans have been terrified of the coronavirus, another demon has been lurking ready to pounce. It is a demon of our own creation. It is the now amply manifested inability of elected officials to resist the temptation of totalitarianism. And it is slowly bringing about the death of personal liberty in our once free society.

It is one thing for public officials to use a bully pulpit to educate and even intimidate the populace into a prudent awareness of basic sanitary behaviors — even those which go against our nature — to impede the spread of COVID-19. It is quite another to contend that their suggestions and intimidations and guidelines somehow have the force of the law behind them.

They don’t

Essential definition: absolutely necessary; extremely important.

We have devolved to letting elected servants determine what is extremely important- one size fits all, Right?!

To me, they, the servants, are non-essential. Stopping their wages seems prudent.
They should have to get real jobs or live off what they've accumulated in their financially rewarding careers.
So we should just allow you yeahoos to run about willy nilly because yoiu think going to the car wash is important?

During the past month, as Americans have been terrified of the coronavirus, another demon has been lurking ready to pounce. It is a demon of our own creation. It is the now amply manifested inability of elected officials to resist the temptation of totalitarianism. And it is slowly bringing about the death of personal liberty in our once free society.

It is one thing for public officials to use a bully pulpit to educate and even intimidate the populace into a prudent awareness of basic sanitary behaviors — even those which go against our nature — to impede the spread of COVID-19. It is quite another to contend that their suggestions and intimidations and guidelines somehow have the force of the law behind them.

They don’t

We have devolved to letting elected servants determine what is extremely important- one size fits all, Right?!

To me, they, the servants, are non-essential. Stopping their wages seems prudent.
They should have to get real jobs or live off what they've accumulated in their financially rewarding careers.
So we should just allow you yeahoos to run about willy nilly because yoiu think going to the car wash is important?
who are you to "allow" us to do anything???

is that why you want to take our guns away???

cause thats why we have them,,,

They don’t

See, proof we need governtment to stop this bullshit stupidity. We need to stay at home to defeat this virus & yeahoos like you are too fucking stupid to get it.

Small busainess opwners are suffering & want to get back to business & jackasses like you will make them wait longer.

They don’t

See, proof we need governtment to stop this bullshit stupidity. We need to stay at home to defeat this virus & yeahoos like you are too fucking stupid to get it.

Small busainess opwners are suffering & want to get back to business & jackasses like you will make them wait longer.
thats funny,,,I've left the house everyday since this all started and havent caught it,,,

might be because I'm not some stupid leftist that goes around licking toilets,,,

We the People need to take a hard look at what we're doing right now and decide if this is the best way to deal with a pandemic .
Yes, once we HAVE those answers. Right now we're groping along in the dark. The People need to be patient on this, or it will end up going on indefinitely. Then I agree we need to look HARD. Hope Sweden can stay the course as an example of another way. The ability to do massive testing AND control the populace affected is another approach, the way South Korea did.

They don’t

thats funny,,,I've left the house everyday since this all started and havent caught it,,,

might be because I'm not some stupid leftist that goes around licking toilets,,,

Do you follow the protocols? Are you keeping social distancing? Wearing a mask.

You might have it. running around spreading it everywhere like a good little Trumpette.

They don’t

You might have it. running around spreading it everywhere like a good little Trumpette.

the jokes on you,,,I'm not a trumpette,,,

They don’t

Yet you keep defending him.

They don’t

youre confusing defending reality with defending him,,,

and lets face it,,,TDSers are fun to make fun of,,,

They don’t

SEE, you just proved what a Trumpette you are.

They don’t

SEE, you just proved what a Trumpette you are.
a trumpette is someone tha supports him blindly for any reason,,,
I dont support him for any reason,,,

but you sure got the TDS bad,,,

I have been around a long time but I never thought I would see the day when state governors assumed the power to issue executive orders that usurped the Constitution. These are crazy times. It's fine to remind people of their obligation to stay healthy but when you add penalty for conduct that has been legal and proper since the freaking Declaration of Independence, you are treading on the snake. The odd thing is that lefties seem to be enjoying it way more than normal people.
Par for the course for the abnormals.

Governor as I have said before should be at the head of parades, cut ribbons at a new park, nothing more.

Forum List

Back