One God.

Yes, rumors., based on really stupid misinterpretations of the figurative language used in scripture.
So tell me, when god drowns most of his creation as it says in the bible, why should I disregard that and believe that it means something else? Like what?

Obviously, God doesn't give a tinker's damn about the clay body that we occupy. God does care about the souls that he has shackled with the clay bodies. I have never read, seen, or heard of God allowing any soul to be harmed, in any way, shape, or form..
Uh...Job. He did a lot of suffering. Didn't he? But at least it was for a good cause.

Job's clay body suffered. His soul didn't.
But his clay body contained a soul. And it suffered right along with his clay body.

How could it suffer? It feels no pain, no hunger, no thirst, and cannot be damaged.

There seems to be a lot of confusion, not to mention some wilful ignorance about the nature of God.

Many Christians believe in the Trinity and that Jesus was God incarnate.

Some even point to the Trinity and state that Christians worship three Gods.

Nothing could be further from the truth. For example, look at a chicken egg. It has three separate parts. The yolk, the egg white, and the shell. So, which one of those parts is NOT the egg. They all are.

It's the same with God. One God, three persons, all sharing the essence of God. All equal. One God. But three in nature.

Get it now?

I thought your metaphor of the egg was excellent so kudos. As for the detractors who do not understand or accept the metaphor, if you take away the shell you still have what we call an egg, but it is not a complete egg, only the part that is inside the shell. If you separate the shell, egg, and yolk, you then call it an eggshell, yolk, egg white none of which are an egg but are only part of one.

Yet each part of the egg has a separate function. The shell protects and contains the white and yolk. The egg white is a nourishing protective. The egg yolk is the generator of new life.

God the Father is the creator, the protector, the engineer of order in the universe and designer of its functions and purpose and fate.
God the Son, i.e. the Word, Jesus/the Christ, is love, passion, caring, redemption, healer, the evidence of eternal life.
God the Holy Spirit, Counselor, Advocate, Convicter of Sin, Intercessor, God with us

One God that we know in three ways. Not separate beings as I understand it, but one Being that we know in different ways/functions.
I agree with most of that. But Jesus is also the Creator. "All things were created BY Him and FOR Him." Also, I believe God actually does exist as three persons. In Genesis, God said "Let US make man in OUR own image. Who was He talking to?

That's right, who heard him say that, Adam was not even around? I'm sure you have someone in mind, who heard him (God) say this??

The scribes of the Old Testament did not sign their names to the manuscripts they left us.

The right answer , is they assumed, imagined, and they were polytheistic. Zoroastrianism is the reason there are 2 Genesis stories.

the person who wrote that idiotic article cited above seems to have not signed it

There seems to be a lot of confusion, not to mention some wilful ignorance about the nature of God.

Nothing could be further from the truth. For example, look at a chicken egg. It has three separate parts. The yolk, the egg white, and the shell. So, which one of those parts is NOT the egg. They all are.

It's the same with God. One God, three persons, all sharing the essence of God. All equal. One God. But three in nature.

Get it now?

I thought your metaphor of the egg was excellent so kudos. As for the detractors who do not understand or accept the metaphor, if you take away the shell you still have what we call an egg, but it is not a complete egg, only the part that is inside the shell. If you separate the shell, egg, and yolk, you then call it an eggshell, yolk, egg white none of which are an egg but are only part of one.

Yet each part of the egg has a separate function. The shell protects and contains the white and yolk. The egg white is a nourishing protective. The egg yolk is the generator of new life.

God the Father is the creator, the protector, the engineer of order in the universe and designer of its functions and purpose and fate.
God the Son, i.e. the Word, Jesus/the Christ, is love, passion, caring, redemption, healer, the evidence of eternal life.
God the Holy Spirit, Counselor, Advocate, Convicter of Sin, Intercessor, God with us

One God that we know in three ways. Not separate beings as I understand it, but one Being that we know in different ways/functions.
I agree with most of that. But Jesus is also the Creator. "All things were created BY Him and FOR Him." Also, I believe God actually does exist as three persons. In Genesis, God said "Let US make man in OUR own image. Who was He talking to?

That's right, who heard him say that, Adam was not even around? I'm sure you have someone in mind, who heard him (God) say this??

The scribes of the Old Testament did not sign their names to the manuscripts they left us.

The right answer , is they assumed, imagined, and they were polytheistic. Zoroastrianism is the reason there are 2 Genesis stories.

I will gently disagree. The reason there are two Genesis stories is that they were written millenia apart by different sources for different purposes. The Creation story in Genesis 2 is probably almost two millenia older than the Creation narrative in Genesis 1.

And since neither of us were there, I think neither of us are in a position to know what anybody assumed about anything.

Last edited:

Get it now?

the yolk sac contains the nourishment for the embryo. The yolk sac functions sorta like the placenta----but IT is itself consumed by the embryo

the yolk sac contains the nourishment for the embryo. The yolk sac functions sorta like the placenta----but IT is itself consumed by the embryo

What does this has to do with anything in this thread, are you in the wrong thread?

What does this has to do with anything in this thread, are you in the wrong thread?
No at her age she usually trails off during conversation...

I will gently disagree. The reason there are two Genesis stories is that they were written millenia apart by different sources for different purposes. The Creation story in Genesis 2 is probably almost two millenia older than the Creation narrative in Genesis 1.

And since neither of us were there, I think neither of us are in a position to know what anybody assumed about anything.

True, remember they didn't come back from the Babylon exile till around 400 bc. According to scripture they scribed the Torah from oral tradition and what they learned in Babylon.

Jesus was not God Almighty, because he referred to his father in heaven who was God Almighty. Yet, Jesus was a God so that means there may be many God's in heaven. One Almighty God.
Jesus claimed Equality with God. Are you calling Him a liar?

No he did not claim equality with God. Thats what his enemies claimed that he said in order to discredit him.

Even in the first century anyone who claimed to be God was dismissed as crazy.

Are you calling Jesus insane?

I never stated that Jesus claimed equality with God. However, he was, and still is a God. His father, my father, and your father, is the one and only Almighty God. I worship the Almighty God through Jesus. Jesus is obviously a less powerful God.
Then why was He given dominion over everything in Heaven and Earth? Why does the Bible refer to Him as MIGHTY GOD? Jesus was God incarnate. Better believe it.

circular reasoning

break-the-cycle.jpg
The Bible is the only source of knowledge about God, so how is using it circular reasoning? If God is real, then the Bible is the authority on Him. If He's not real, then you have nothing to worry about. Since you don't believe in Him, why are you arguing about Him? Kinda silly, if you ask me. Why don't you try convincing someone that Santa, or the Easter Bunny aren't real? Why argue about someone you don't believe in? That's just stupid. And your only reasoning, if it can even be called that, is that you don't believe in Him. Well, when you finally meet Him, good luck trying to convince Him He doesn't exist. I'll be there, laughing at you.

So tell me, when god drowns most of his creation as it says in the bible, why should I disregard that and believe that it means something else? Like what?

Obviously, God doesn't give a tinker's damn about the clay body that we occupy. God does care about the souls that he has shackled with the clay bodies. I have never read, seen, or heard of God allowing any soul to be harmed, in any way, shape, or form..
God sends souls to hell to burn for all eternity, so you and hob just suffered an EPIC FAILURE! Please try again.

I seriously doubt that God sends anyone to hell to burn for all eternity, or for even a second or two. Our immortal souls do not feel pain,hunger, or thirst. Would be a waste of time.

Hell would be darkness. God will cast some into darkness. Nothing to see, nothing to hear, nothing to feel. Just one's own thoughts forever.
"God will cast some into darkness." So you admit that god harms some souls. Good for you.

No, I do not admit that God Harms any souls. The souls that get cast into darkness will be hale and hearty, and will remain that way until God decides they have had enough sensory isolation.

Why are you so obsessed with scoring points? There is nothing here to win or lose.
There are different kinds of harm. It doesn't have to be physical. Do you think that Job's soul did not suffer when his family and possessions were taken away from him? I guarantee you, his soul suffered when that happened.

True, remember they didn't come back from the Babylon exile till around 400 bc. According to scripture they scribed the Torah from oral tradition and what they learned in Babylon.

you are very confused------the TORAH was already a written book before the Babylonian exile

put your ass back in your pants-----you never got past the PRIMITIVE STREAK phase of embryogenesis

Jesus claimed Equality with God. Are you calling Him a liar?

No he did not claim equality with God. Thats what his enemies claimed that he said in order to discredit him.

Even in the first century anyone who claimed to be God was dismissed as crazy.

Are you calling Jesus insane?

I never stated that Jesus claimed equality with God. However, he was, and still is a God. His father, my father, and your father, is the one and only Almighty God. I worship the Almighty God through Jesus. Jesus is obviously a less powerful God.
Then why was He given dominion over everything in Heaven and Earth? Why does the Bible refer to Him as MIGHTY GOD? Jesus was God incarnate. Better believe it.

circular reasoning

break-the-cycle.jpg
The Bible is the only source of knowledge about God, so how is using it circular reasoning? If God is real, then the Bible is the authority on Him. If He's not real, then you have nothing to worry about. Since you don't believe in Him, why are you arguing about Him? Kinda silly, if you ask me. Why don't you try convincing someone that Santa, or the Easter Bunny aren't real? Why argue about someone you don't believe in? That's just stupid. And your only reasoning, if it can even be called that, is that you don't believe in Him. Well, when you finally meet Him, good luck trying to convince Him He doesn't exist. I'll be there, laughing at you.
God sends souls to hell to burn for all eternity, so you and hob just suffered an EPIC FAILURE! Please try again.

I seriously doubt that God sends anyone to hell to burn for all eternity, or for even a second or two. Our immortal souls do not feel pain,hunger, or thirst. Would be a waste of time.

Hell would be darkness. God will cast some into darkness. Nothing to see, nothing to hear, nothing to feel. Just one's own thoughts forever.
"God will cast some into darkness." So you admit that god harms some souls. Good for you.

No, I do not admit that God Harms any souls. The souls that get cast into darkness will be hale and hearty, and will remain that way until God decides they have had enough sensory isolation.

Why are you so obsessed with scoring points? There is nothing here to win or lose.
There are different kinds of harm. It doesn't have to be physical. Do you think that Job's soul did not suffer when his family and possessions were taken away from him? I guarantee you, his soul suffered when that happened.

Right , moses had a hard enough time with the stones. Tell me, who was there to hear God say let us make men in our image??? Every figure that one out?

put your ass back in your pants-----you never got past the PRIMITIVE STREAK phase of embryogenesis
I did manage to save my tail...

Much of the content of the Old Testament predates the disapora however. It is true that many of the manuscripts were created to keep the Hebrew/Israelite/Jewish faith intact as there was pressure from competing religions to corrupt it.

Much of the content of the Old Testament predates the disapora however. It is true that many of the manuscripts were created to keep the Hebrew/Israelite/Jewish faith intact as there was pressure from competing religions to corrupt it.
It may be that when the tribes returned to Israel from the four corners of the world after the babylonian exile they brought with them differing traditions and stories about the creation and the giving of the law, etc., that had developed independently during the exile and were awkwardly woven together by unknown editors into its current form resulting in two genesis stories etc.

It was as if someone took the four gospels and tried to weave them all together into one barely coherent story that included many contradictions, repetitions, and slightly different versions of events..

Last edited:

It may be that when the tribes returned to Israel from the four corners of the world after the babylonian exile they brought with them differing traditions and stories about the creation and the giving of the law, etc., that had developed independently during the exile and were awkwardly woven together by unknown editors into its current form resulting in two genesis stories etc.

It was as if someone took the four gospels and tried to weave them all together into one barely coherent story that included many contradictions, repetitions, and slightly different versions of events..

I think it was all produced over a period of time once the ancient Jews had a written language and draws from multiple sources, but zi do believe great effort was taken to keep the manuscripts as uncontaminated by outside infuences as possible. It is like there are hundreds of books on WWI, WWII, various periods of history, watershed events in history in the USA, and no two of these will give you the exact same narrative. Though most will draw from at least some of the same sources, they will also include sources material independent of any others and will reflect the experience, culture, and perceptions of the individual writers. So, you won't get the whole story by reading any single source.

Yes Ezra and around 44000 returned of all the jews that went to Babylon. In the Jewish encyl, they say Ezra was the new Moses. Most think the exodus is a true story , of course its not.

So you don’t like what’s written in the bible so you move the goalposts. So who decides what’s real and what’s not? Like the virgin birth, real or not? How can you tell? Because it’s scientifically not possible?

I'm not moving the goalposts. As any Jew if the prophets in scripture spoke in a strange figurative language..

And the reader gets to decide what is real or what is not. For instance you get to decide whether the story of ezekiel flying through the air was real, a made up bullshit story, or if it was a truthful eyewitness account of what was seen and heard in a dream.

How can you tell? What is scientifically impossible is only one helpful constraint. Knowledge of Jewish thought and beliefs would help you understand the subjects of contention. If you were paying attention in elementary school would help the most, but it seems that chance has passed you by.

Having a clear head will help you tell the difference between what is fact or fiction. Then you have to learn which fiction hides what fact.

Then apply what you have learned.

After that it will take an additional effort to even "see" God from a distance or get close enough to hear his words.
So basically, the meaning of the bible has changed over the years to match scientific discoveries, then if that's not good enough, I can decide myself which stories are true and which are not. And if I decide that none of the stories are true in the bible, it doesn't really matter because what matters are the morals of the stories? Did I get that sorta right?
Yeah, you got it sorta right except for that the hidden teaching has never changed, it had just been lost to time, time and time again, when the initiates, those who held the secret teachings safe in their minds, were slaughtered during one diaspora, pogrom, occupation or complete destruction or another..

The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to you if you missed the mark and failed to grasp the teaching hidden in those stories is that your life won't get any worse than it has already been.

If you think there is even a chance that there is something of great value hidden there that might enhance your experience of life and heal you from all the pain associated with not understanding anything, the least you could do is give it a try....
Ok, so is there a link to this hidden meaning of all the stories in the bible? Is this mainstream Christian dogma, or are you some weirdo who's into obscure and bizarre cults?

lol.... Mainstream christian dogma? Haven't you heard all of that crap before? You never heard any of this, right? Hmmm. lets see.

:disbelief:

BTW, Not into obscure or bizarre cults at all but definitely just some weirdo...a stranger in a very strange land.

If you think that I am weird already, you should see me after drinking a vat of communion wine..
So you got a link or not?

Most Christians believe in the veracity of the bible, so ya, it's not mainstream dogma. I've heard of that before, every believer here doesn't believe in a worldwide flood, merely a regional one and in fact, I can't find ONE person here who believes the flood was worldwide.

"Just one's own thoughts forever." So now it's time to move the goalposts?

Not scoring points, you made a false claim, just pointing that out to help you.

Forum List

Back