One in five germans wants more white football players in the nationalteam

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010

It's remarkable that it's one in five, I don't know whether Germans with a migration background also took part in the survey, otherwise there could be even more ethnic Germans who want white players, because if you're not white yourself you might be more likely to answer that you doesn't want any more white players. But one in five is already a lot. Funnily enough, this was simply dismissed by Germany's national coach, saying that they were "unlucky, this is Germany in the 21st century where skin color doesn't play a role," he said.

I find it strange that the majority of Germans are still simply labeled and dismissed as racist, even though there are actually a lot of ethnic Germans who think that way.

Isn't that undemocratic?

It's remarkable that it's one in five, I don't know whether Germans with a migration background also took part in the survey, otherwise there could be even more ethnic Germans who want white players, because if you're not white yourself you might be more likely to answer that you doesn't want any more white players. But one in five is already a lot. Funnily enough, this was simply dismissed by Germany's national coach, saying that they were "unlucky, this is Germany in the 21st century where skin color doesn't play a role," he said.

I find it strange that the majority of Germans are still simply labeled and dismissed as racist, even though there are actually a lot of ethnic Germans who think that way.

Isn't that undemocratic?

Germans must be racist. Four out of five would rather see non-white people fighting each other on the football team.

Isn't that undemocratic?

The number of people who care about such things is usually about 20-33% of the population anyway.

Diversity in World Soccer is having teams that aren't diverse. Then, you have diversity in the tournament itself.

If I'm watching the German national soccer team and there's mostly Asian, black, hispanic, middle eastern, and clearly American/british/french guys that make up the team... it's not the German national soccer team. It's just a bunch of people who met up in Germany to play soccer.

Isn't that undemocratic?
Mortimer what planet are you on. You meant to say 80% of Germans donnt give a shit about this. Just a sick minority.
All; p[;ayers qualify by accident of birth or residency. So they are German.Its a good thing. How is Thierry Henry anything other than a Frenchman ? Or Ruud Gullit not the most famous Dutchman.
These things bind us and only a few idiots want to spoil that.
80% of Germans agree with me.

Forum List

Back