Oni soto! Fuku uchi!

Oni Soto Fuku Fuku to you too Unkotare!

I'm going to have to remember that one when I next see my regular doctor who is Japanese.

Same here for me too, Unkotare. May the New Year bring much happiness and good health to you. To our Chinese friends, Gong Xi Fa Cai.

Thanks all! Full disclosure: I am a natural-born American of IRISH descent. The holiday was on my mind because they celebrated it at my son's school this past Saturday.

Kids in Japan love it (where still celebrated). Some guy dressed up like a demon outside a temple or school or wherever, chuckin' beans at him while he dramatically runs away again and again. As good a way as any to start a year, I reckon.'

Thanks all! Full disclosure: I am a natural-born American of IRISH descent. The holiday was on my mind because they celebrated it at my son's school this past Saturday.

Kids in Japan love it (where still celebrated). Some guy dressed up like a demon outside a temple or school or wherever, chuckin' beans at him while he dramatically runs away again and again. As good a way as any to start a year, I reckon.'

No matter, I was making Chinese lanterns with my boy earlier!!!

I have a strong feeling I'm about to have a Japanese daughter in law.

I have a strong feeling I'm about to have a Japanese daughter in law.

Good for you!

Forum List

Back