Only 13% of business' tax cuts are going to workers, survey says

Typical right wing behavior. Knee jerk reaction, smart ass comment, proven totally wrong, attempt to deflect, and never, ever, under any circumstances admit you were wrong. Again, long term capital gains tax rates are almost always lower. For a married couple taxes on capital gains don't even start until $77,200. Yet if that couple were out working they would have to start paying taxes after the first $13,350.

Just assume I'm right and you are wrong. For example, do you know what the new standard deduction is for a married couple? The answer is no you do not. Here this is for you :icon_rolleyes:

Doubling down on stupid I see. Of course I know what the new standard deduction is stupid shit. Do you know what the new personal exemption is? And your calculations on the sixty grand couple were wrong. They would have to pay $5,225.25. But if the sixty grand would have been long term capital gains they would have paid ZERO. Not only that, they could have had a hundred grand in capital gains and paid ZERO in taxes.

Think about that for a moment. You have one couple, retired in Florida, that take capital gains each year that are equivalent to $8,000 a month. They have a 401K but since they are under 70 and a half and their financial consultant sucks ass, well they just continue to let it grow.

Then you have another couple, worked hard all their life and manage to build a little 401K. They draw five grand a month, three grand less than the other couple. But they have to set aside over four hundred dollars a month to pay taxes. In what damn world does that seem appropriate?

Well, these morons think all those Wall Street types and billionaires are going to take all those tax cut funds and start businesses with lots of high paying jobs or something, even though they never have in human history. They do what they always do, sit on it until they can weasel guaranteed profits for themselves out of Congress. and state govts.
Oh no, people sitting on their own money! We shouldn't allow that, eh comrade? People who don't do what you want with their money should be punished. Kill the greedy kulaks, eh?
We really didn’t need a handout for the rich and increased deficits....
I agree, no more "green energy" subsidies.

Just assume I'm right and you are wrong. For example, do you know what the new standard deduction is for a married couple? The answer is no you do not. Here this is for you :icon_rolleyes:

Doubling down on stupid I see. Of course I know what the new standard deduction is stupid shit. Do you know what the new personal exemption is? And your calculations on the sixty grand couple were wrong. They would have to pay $5,225.25. But if the sixty grand would have been long term capital gains they would have paid ZERO. Not only that, they could have had a hundred grand in capital gains and paid ZERO in taxes.

Think about that for a moment. You have one couple, retired in Florida, that take capital gains each year that are equivalent to $8,000 a month. They have a 401K but since they are under 70 and a half and their financial consultant sucks ass, well they just continue to let it grow.

Then you have another couple, worked hard all their life and manage to build a little 401K. They draw five grand a month, three grand less than the other couple. But they have to set aside over four hundred dollars a month to pay taxes. In what damn world does that seem appropriate?

Well, these morons think all those Wall Street types and billionaires are going to take all those tax cut funds and start businesses with lots of high paying jobs or something, even though they never have in human history. They do what they always do, sit on it until they can weasel guaranteed profits for themselves out of Congress. and state govts.
Oh no, people sitting on their own money! We shouldn't allow that, eh comrade? People who don't do what you want with their money should be punished. Kill the greedy kulaks, eh?
Did we get more of those when repubs increases the deficits?

End the subsidies!!!!!

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.

End the subsidies!!!!!
I agree..in fact..the whole idea of govt. 'subsidies' is a bit dodgy..end the Oil Depletion subsidy..and the Ethanol boondoggle.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Across the board tax cuts aren't handouts.

End the subsidies!!!!!
I agree..in fact..the whole idea of govt. 'subsidies' is a bit dodgy..end the Oil Depletion subsidy..and the Ethanol boondoggle.
Why do you feel depletion allowances are a subsidy?
I agree. Kill all ethanol mandates and subsidies.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Only 13% going to workers, quite a big handout. Meanwhile deficits are increasing.

So what

Business owners have no obligation to grow the economy

But even if business owners didn't give away their money to employees the economy can still grow. Maybe the buy new equipment and expand their businesses and hire more people. May be the business owners will buy a new house or a new car or invest more

all those things still grow the economy

Paying people more than their job is worth to the marketplace isn't always the best choice
If it doesn’t grow we will continue to go deeply in debt: The tax break is dependent on growth.

So what?

The debt doesn't matter to anyone so I don't give a flying fuck about it all I care about is keeping as much of my own money as I possibly can
Then you are very foolish.
Not me it's the politicians you idiots vote for

None of them care about the debt and since you vote them in you don't care about the debt.

All I care about is keeping as much of my money as I possibly can because you morons and the idiots you vote for are dumber than dirt when it comes to handling money
And you didn’t vote for all these big spending republicans? You didn’t vote trump?
Nope.

I didn't vote for Trump
I have never voted for a republican or a democrat
if I vote I vote strictly third party

But I don't waste my time voting anymore because you idiots keep electing the same crooks over and over again and yet you expect something to change

There's a word for that you know.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Only 13% going to workers, quite a big handout. Meanwhile deficits are increasing.
Debt doesn't matter, remember?

No one you voted for cares about the debt ergo you don't care about the debt

Last edited:
End the subsidies!!!!!
The depletion allowance subsidizes the oil companies. Oh, I know the logic..encourage the use of foreign oil..so as to keep our own, but it's done at the expense of the taxpayer. Would gas prices go up/ Sure..the oil companies are shameless..but if you're a believer in free markets...than you must let the market set the price. At some point, the auto industry would, once again, design gas efficient auto's..hybrids would be more popular..and fat-ass trucks would go onto the market..so what?

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Not a handout.

End the subsidies!!!!!
The depletion allowance subsidizes the oil companies. Oh, I know the logic..encourage the use of foreign oil..so as to keep our own, but it's done at the expense of the taxpayer. Would gas prices go up/ Sure..the oil companies are shameless..but if you're a believer in free markets...than you must let the market set the price. At some point, the auto industry would, once again, design gas efficient auto's..hybrids would be more popular..and fat-ass trucks would go onto the market..so what?
Allowing corporations to deduct typical expenses is not a subsidy.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Not a handout.
Gotta agree with that..it's the worker's money..the Govt. is just taking less, and is some rare cases..the companies are passing it on.

But for sure..no matter your stance on this..no one with half a brain should be surprised that the majority of companies chose to use the money in whatever way they thought best for their business...and increasing their labor costs...is not usually a popular idea.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Not a handout.
Gotta agree with that..it's the worker's money..the Govt. is just taking less, and is some rare cases..the companies are passing it on.

But for sure..no matter your stance on this..no one with half a brain should be surprised that the majority of companies chose to use the money in whatever way they thought best for their business...and increasing their labor costs...is not usually a popular idea.
Free to spend their own money as they choose. Just awful.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Not a handout.
You forget that letting people keep their own money is considered a handout by people like Braindead.

If it doesn’t grow we will continue to go deeply in debt: The tax break is dependent on growth.

So what?

The debt doesn't matter to anyone so I don't give a flying fuck about it all I care about is keeping as much of my own money as I possibly can
Then you are very foolish.
Not me it's the politicians you idiots vote for

None of them care about the debt and since you vote them in you don't care about the debt.

All I care about is keeping as much of my money as I possibly can because you morons and the idiots you vote for are dumber than dirt when it comes to handling money
And you didn’t vote for all these big spending republicans? You didn’t vote trump?
Nope.

I didn't vote for Trump
I have never voted for a republican or a democrat
if I vote I vote strictly third party

But I don't waste my time voting anymore because you idiots keep electing the same crooks over and over again and yet you expect something to change

There's a word for that you know.
So you are defeated. I would expect somebody who doesn’t vote to have better things to do than be on political forums.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Debt doesn't matter, remember?

No one you voted for cares about the debt ergo you don't care about the debt
I do care actually.

End the subsidies!!!!!
Allowing corporations to deduct typical expenses is not a subsidy.
Sure..but the Oil Depletion Allowance is something different--it is not a 'typical expense'. It is a tailored tax break--simple as that. I want that money paid to the Govt...also simple as that. i know it's one of those untouchable Republican sacred cows and I don't care. The oil companies don't need it--they just want it. Their lobby is strong...and the reality is that it would be a serious fight..and would only happen with a huge Democratic majority in both houses. I'm not a Dem..by any stretch..but I'd support them on this.

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Not a handout.
You forget that letting people keep their own money is considered a handout by people like Braindead.
It sure is when it leads to higher deficits.

Forum List

Back