Only 13% of business' tax cuts are going to workers, survey says

You dodged the question.
Across the board tax cuts aren't handouts.
Only 13% going to workers, quite a big handout. Meanwhile deficits are increasing.
Not a handout.
Gotta agree with that..it's the worker's money..the Govt. is just taking less, and is some rare cases..the companies are passing it on.

But for sure..no matter your stance on this..no one with half a brain should be surprised that the majority of companies chose to use the money in whatever way they thought best for their business...and increasing their labor costs...is not usually a popular idea.
Free to spend their own money as they choose. Just awful.
We can't let people have a choice now can we?
So what?

The debt doesn't matter to anyone so I don't give a flying fuck about it all I care about is keeping as much of my own money as I possibly can
Then you are very foolish.
Not me it's the politicians you idiots vote for

None of them care about the debt and since you vote them in you don't care about the debt.

All I care about is keeping as much of my money as I possibly can because you morons and the idiots you vote for are dumber than dirt when it comes to handling money
And you didn’t vote for all these big spending republicans? You didn’t vote trump?
Nope.

I didn't vote for Trump
I have never voted for a republican or a democrat
if I vote I vote strictly third party

But I don't waste my time voting anymore because you idiots keep electing the same crooks over and over again and yet you expect something to change

There's a word for that you know.
So you are defeated. I would expect somebody who doesn’t vote to have better things to do than be on political forums.

Why?

I have more right to complain than you do after all I didn't put the morons in office you did so you're the one who shouldn't complain

You dodged the question.
Only 13% going to workers, quite a big handout. Meanwhile deficits are increasing.
Not a handout.
You forget that letting people keep their own money is considered a handout by people like Braindead.
It sure is when it leads to higher deficits.

Once again debt doesn't matter therefore deficits don't matter.

What do you not understand about this?

You're the one who votes for people who don't care about the debt

End the subsidies!!!!!
I agree..in fact..the whole idea of govt. 'subsidies' is a bit dodgy..end the Oil Depletion subsidy..and the Ethanol boondoggle.
Why do you feel depletion allowances are a subsidy?
I agree. Kill all ethanol mandates and subsidies.
The depletion allowance subsidizes the oil companies. Oh, I know the logic..encourage the use of foreign oil..so as to keep our own, but it's done at the expense of the taxpayer. Would gas prices go up/ Sure..the oil companies are shameless..but if you're a believer in free markets...than you must let the market set the price. At some point, the auto industry would, once again, design gas efficient auto's..hybrids would be more popular..and fat-ass trucks would go onto the market..so what?
Allowing corporations to deduct typical expenses is not a subsidy.
Sure..but the Oil Depletion Allowance is something different--it is not a 'typical expense'. It is a tailored tax break--simple as that. I want that money paid to the Govt...also simple as that. i know it's one of those untouchable Republican sacred cows and I don't care. The oil companies don't need it--they just want it. Their lobby is strong...and the reality is that it would be a serious fight..and would only happen with a huge Democratic majority in both houses. I'm not a Dem..by any stretch..but I'd support them on this.
Is depreciation a subsidy?

End the subsidies!!!!!
You dodged the question.
Debt doesn't matter, remember?

No one you voted for cares about the debt ergo you don't care about the debt
I do care actually.
And yet you vote for people who don't

Not a handout.
Gotta agree with that..it's the worker's money..the Govt. is just taking less, and is some rare cases..the companies are passing it on.

But for sure..no matter your stance on this..no one with half a brain should be surprised that the majority of companies chose to use the money in whatever way they thought best for their business...and increasing their labor costs...is not usually a popular idea.
Then you are very foolish.

None of them care about the debt and since you vote them in you don't care about the debt.

All I care about is keeping as much of my money as I possibly can because you morons and the idiots you vote for are dumber than dirt when it comes to handling money
And you didn’t vote for all these big spending republicans? You didn’t vote trump?
Nope.

I didn't vote for Trump

But I don't waste my time voting anymore because you idiots keep electing the same crooks over and over again and yet you expect something to change

So you are defeated. I would expect somebody who doesn’t vote to have better things to do than be on political forums.

Why?

I have more right to complain than you do after all I didn't put the morons in office you did so you're the one who shouldn't complain
But complaining is all you’re doing. Pretty sad.

You dodged the question.

I do care actually.
I vote against those who have shown they dont.

Not a handout.

Nope.

I didn't vote for Trump

Why?

But complaining is all you’re doing. Pretty sad.

Hey I'm not the one voting in politicians who don't care about the debt am I?

You are doing that

I do care actually.
So you voted against Obama?
You voted against your senators and congressmen who voted to raise the debt ceiling?

I agree..in fact..the whole idea of govt. 'subsidies' is a bit dodgy..end the Oil Depletion subsidy..and the Ethanol boondoggle.
The depletion allowance subsidizes the oil companies. Oh, I know the logic..encourage the use of foreign oil..so as to keep our own, but it's done at the expense of the taxpayer. Would gas prices go up/ Sure..the oil companies are shameless..but if you're a believer in free markets...than you must let the market set the price. At some point, the auto industry would, once again, design gas efficient auto's..hybrids would be more popular..and fat-ass trucks would go onto the market..so what?
Sure..but the Oil Depletion Allowance is something different--it is not a 'typical expense'. It is a tailored tax break--simple as that. I want that money paid to the Govt...also simple as that. i know it's one of those untouchable Republican sacred cows and I don't care. The oil companies don't need it--they just want it. Their lobby is strong...and the reality is that it would be a serious fight..and would only happen with a huge Democratic majority in both houses. I'm not a Dem..by any stretch..but I'd support them on this.
Nope..but I think you're reaching..at this point...Especially since over time oil increases in value..it does not depreciate. If the oil companies wish to write off their capital expenditures..equipment and such..via depreciation--I've no problem with that. As long as they use the same rules every other business uses....a percentage..and not the whole. Oh..and as long as it's understood that oil exploration is the cost of doing business..and is NOT included as a write-off. I simply do not believe that the American taxpayer should bear the cost of private businesses everyday expenses.

Tax cut scoreboard: Workers $6 billion; Shareholders $171 billion

Wow, this is one of the most expensive tax cuts in history. And at a time when corporations are doing really, really well. Why not share with the workers?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

ARC: Athens County back to 'distressed' status

This is Appalachia, the center of the Republican Party. The area that has the 10 poorest counties in the United States. Those counties being more than 98% white.

Why not pass some of those tax cuts along as wage increases for whites living in the Appalachia area?

As predicted (actually, worse than expected......Some economists had thought that workers would get 17 or 18%....)

Anyway, it'll take a while for right wing, Trumpists to catch on to the scam because.....well, because they're not very bright...they'll take the crumbs for now.

However, wait until everyone realizes that in a few years, workers will have to have their taxes go back UP, while the corporations have them in perpetuity, with their CEOs laughing their fat asses from their private jets.

Also, the increase in gasoline prices and the higher consumer goods because of the moron-in-chief's trade wars, will completely ELIMINATE the tax crumbs they're right now cheering about..............Short-sighted IDIOTS!!!

Wow, this is one of the most expensive tax cuts in history. And at a time when corporations are doing really, really well. Why not share with the workers?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

This is Appalachia, the center of the Republican Party. The area that has the 10 poorest counties in the United States. Those counties being more than 98% white.

Why not pass some of those tax cuts along as wage increases for whites living in the Appalachia area?

As predicted (actually, worse than expected......Some economists had thought that workers would get 17 or 18%....)

Anyway, it'll take a while for right wing, Trumpists to catch on to the scam because.....well, because they're not very bright...they'll take the crumbs for now.

However, wait until everyone realizes that in a few years, workers will have to have their taxes go back UP, while the corporations have them in perpetuity, with their CEOs laughing their fat asses from their private jets.

Also, the increase in gasoline prices and the higher consumer goods because of the moron-in-chief's trade wars, will completely ELIMINATE the tax crumbs they're right now cheering about..............Short-sighted IDIOTS!!!

No one preventing you from sending more money to the IRS...dumbass.

I do care actually.
So you voted against Obama?
You voted against your senators and congressmen who voted to raise the debt ceiling?
That’s how it works. I don’t just bitch like you.

Nope..but I think you're reaching..at this point...Especially since over time oil increases in value..it does not depreciate. If the oil companies wish to write off their capital expenditures..equipment and such..via depreciation--I've no problem with that. As long as they use the same rules every other business uses....a percentage..and not the whole. Oh..and as long as it's understood that oil exploration is the cost of doing business..and is NOT included as a write-off. I simply do not believe that the American taxpayer should bear the cost of private businesses everyday expenses.
How is depletion of an oil deposit different than depreciation? How is exploration expense not an expense to be written off, like any other business expense?

5a74ae468beeb.image.png

If workers see their taxes go up, it will be because the Dems are twats.

How is depletion of an oil deposit different than depreciation? How is exploration expense not an expense to be written off, like any other business expense?
So..your position is that we, the American people, should shoulder the burden of all expenses incurred..while the oil company reaps all the profit? Well..that's kinda the way it is now, right?

So..your position is that we, the American people, should shoulder the burden of all expenses incurred..while the oil company reaps all the profit? Well..that's kinda the way it is now, right?
What the hell are you talking about? An oil company "shoulders the expense of drilling", not you. Do you know how profits are even calculated? You seem confused on the issue.

What the hell are you talking about? An oil company "shoulders the expense of drilling", not you. Do you know how profits are even calculated? You seem confused on the issue.
If..the company drills..and comes of dry..writes off the expense..We, the Taxpayers..are the losers. Nevermind..kinda far afield..I just want to cancel the Depletion allowance. i know it's a pipe dream...but i think it's money on the table for us...an increase in revenue with out a down side really...higher gas prices..that will lead to more fuel efficient cars and less use of oil.

If..the company drills..and comes of dry..writes off the expense..We, the Taxpayers..are the losers. Nevermind..kinda far afield..I just want to cancel the Depletion allowance. i know it's a pipe dream...but i think it's money on the table for us...an increase in revenue with out a down side really...higher gas prices..that will lead to more fuel efficient cars and less use of oil.
If I drill for oil and come up dry, how the hell did the taxpayer lose?
Sounds like you don't have the slightest clue how profits are calculated. If I buy an oil field for 10 million, spend 5 million on drilling expenses and 3 million on salaries, how much is my profit if I pull 20 million worth of oil out of the ground? How much corporate tax should I pay?

If I drill for oil and come up dry, how the hell did the taxpayer lose?
Sounds like you don't have the slightest clue how profits are calculated. If I buy an oil field for 10 million, spend 5 million on drilling expenses and 3 million on salaries, how much is my profit if I pull 20 million worth of oil out of the ground? How much corporate tax should I pay?
Well..you'd be taxed on the 2 million..which is cool..except you'd also write-off the enough of the expenses that your taxes paid would be effectively zero..right?

Depletion is not depreciation, not even close.

Forum List

Back